PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul supporters not lining up behind McCain (L A Times)

Phantom
05-02-2008, 04:54 AM
Ron Paul supporters not lining up behind McCain

May 2, 2008

As far as John McCain is concerned, the Republican presidential nomination is a done deal and the party is united behind him. But thousands of Republicans -- particularly supporters of Texas Rep. Ron Paul -- aren't buying that.

In the Pennsylvania primary, more than 215,000 Republicans cast ballots for Paul or former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who together captured 27% of the vote.

And that was tame compared with the uproar last weekend at Nevada's Republican Party Convention.

About 600 well-organized Paul supporters overwhelmed McCain's forces and engineered a rule change that permitted national convention delegates to be nominated from the floor, wresting the task from party leaders.

That evening, party leaders unexpectedly adjourned the session, saying the proceedings would take too long to finish that night.

But tongues were set wagging about whether the adjournment was a maneuver to save McCain from the embarrassment of being swamped by Paul delegates.

Eric Herzik, a political scientist at the University of Nevada, Reno, said the fracas reflected, among other things, that McCain had "yet to capture the hearts and minds of Nevada Republicans."

All of which suggests there might be some drama at the GOP's national convention in September after all.

Link (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/politics/la-na-trailgop2-2008may02,0,5989306.story)

For more articles on Ron Paul and the Revolution, please visit this link (http://www.presidentronpaul.741.com/news.html#newsroom)

Jeremy
05-02-2008, 04:55 AM
Ya, I was just reading that. =o

Oh and they had one up yesterday too.

The One
05-02-2008, 05:06 AM
"All of which suggests there might be some drama at the GOP's national convention in September after all."

Teehee.......me likey.

slacker921
05-02-2008, 05:12 AM
that appears to be in their print version? rather than blogs.latimes.. ? wow..

Aratus
05-02-2008, 08:56 AM
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

humanic
05-02-2008, 09:03 AM
All of which suggests there might be some drama at the GOP's national convention in September after all.

"...and here we were pretending to be experts, saying John McCain had it all wrapped up two months ago. Why did we report primary results instead of the delegates who actually choose the nominee? Damn us!"

slamhead
05-02-2008, 09:40 AM
I can hear it now. When the unelectable McCain gets tromped in the general election they will blame Ron Paul and his supporters. Which in a way will make me dance with glee when Hannity..et all...neocons whine....

flames2dust77
05-02-2008, 09:57 AM
This seems to get more interesting by the day and I like it. *dances*

literatim
05-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I am going to seriously laugh if we get enough delegates at the national convention to lock it up.

-lotus-
05-02-2008, 10:36 AM
I am going to seriously laugh if we get enough delegates at the national convention to lock it up.

if?? stick around, this is gonna get interesting once gas hits $4 nationwide and people are standing in line at the stores to buy bread and rice.

Rhys
05-02-2008, 11:42 AM
McCain 4 pReZ! 2000 ate