PDA

View Full Version : New YouTube: The Real Reason For IRAQ / IRAN Invasion

RonPaulVolunteer
05-02-2008, 12:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi1zYYE9IYQ

Pray that I don't get arrested for making these videos.

smartguy911
05-02-2008, 12:50 AM
great video. two thumbs way up

RonPaulVolunteer
05-02-2008, 09:42 AM
great video. two thumbs way up

Thanks man.

pinkmandy
05-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Nice job!!!! 5 stars. :)

ronpaulhawaii
05-02-2008, 10:25 AM
yep - 5 stars

qh4dotcom
05-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Bump

Theocrat
05-02-2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi1zYYE9IYQ

Pray that I don't get arrested for making these videos.

Thanks for the video. It was great. After watching it, though, it sort of reminded me of this picture:

http://peoplesgeography.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/sherffius_-iran-iraq-warometer.jpg

Phantom
05-02-2008, 01:05 PM
You hit the nail on the head with why the uS attacked, no, Invaded Iraq. It was because Saddam dumped the dollar for oil.

Now Iran have officially done the same thing, the uS have sent a Second carrier group to Gulf (http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2008/ss_iran0105_05_01.asp).

Now, all we need to see is a false flag op that kills a few American troops, then the uS will strike Iran with force, which could lead to a nuclear bomb being dropped on Iran.

If the uS do attack Iran, I know one thing for sure, the uS fleet in the gulf are at risk of being sunk because Iran have some very classy Kilo class submarines that are hard to detect, not to mention their Sunburn anti-ship missile, which is considered to be the most lethal anti-ship missile in the world. I doubt that the Phalanx Weapons System that is onboard some of the ships in the gulf will be able to stop the sunburn missiles.

flames2dust77
05-02-2008, 01:36 PM

good stuff.

eric_cartman
05-02-2008, 01:41 PM
ron paul made a speech that covered the same topic called the end of dollar hegemony. check it out. there's a link to the video on the top right of the page.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul303.html

StilesBC
05-02-2008, 01:47 PM
I disagree.

The currency that is accepted in exchange for oil or the currency that oil is priced in is irrellevant. They could sell a barrell of crude oil in euros, wood, wheat, or any other widget and it wouldn't have the slightest difference on the dollar. Traders would simply adjust the prices accordingly so they can keep track of the price in dollars. And the sellers of the oil would simply trade their widgets for dollars after the fact, in a matter of seconds on the open market. Confusion would be the only result.

What does have effect on the dollar is demand for it as a reserve currency. If Iran stopped using dollars as their primary reserve currency and sold dollars on the currency market in favour of something else (gold, euros, pounds, etc), THAT would have a negative effect on the dollar. If Saudi Arabia and many of the other Arab states de-pegged their currencies from the dollar, THAT would have a negative effect on the dollar. But there is no evidence of that happening. *Yet*.

Framing one argument falsely opens the door to be discredited in 10 other arguments that are framed properly.

LittleLightShining
05-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Excellent.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I disagree.

The currency that is accepted in exchange for oil or the currency that oil is priced in is irrellevant. They could sell a barrell of crude oil in euros, wood, wheat, or any other widget and it wouldn't have the slightest difference on the dollar. Traders would simply adjust the prices accordingly so they can keep track of the price in dollars. And the sellers of the oil would simply trade their widgets for dollars after the fact, in a matter of seconds on the open market. Confusion would be the only result.

What does have effect on the dollar is demand for it as a reserve currency. If Iran stopped using dollars as their primary reserve currency and sold dollars on the currency market in favour of something else (gold, euros, pounds, etc), THAT would have a negative effect on the dollar. If Saudi Arabia and many of the other Arab states de-pegged their currencies from the dollar, THAT would have a negative effect on the dollar. But there is no evidence of that happening. *Yet*.

Framing one argument falsely opens the door to be discredited in 10 other arguments that are framed properly.

Sorry, but your wrong on every single account. Take your own advice (Framing one argument falsely opens the door to be discredited in 10 other arguments that are framed properly.), you need it.

newbitech
05-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I disagree.

if the second largest oil supplier in the world is no longer accepting our currency in exchange for oil then it is reasonable to assume that demand for our currency is going to drop.

If demand for something drops at the same time that supply is being increased, what happens to the value of that thing?

So I think your assessment is a little off the mark considering the laws of supply and demand.

The only reason that there is a demand for USD around the world is the FACT that for so long the USD was a strong currency that held value higher than that of other currencies. Hence oil being traded for USD's as the tradition goes. Thanks to the fact that your friendly neighborhood banker is allowed to monetize our national debt by printing a never ending stream of USD, the purchasing power of the greenback has taken a nosedive. No country wants to hold USD as a reserve currency or otherwise because it is loosing purchasing power.

Our national debt is sub-prime in world markets. Our USD is backed by the threat of violence. We are holding the world in check at the point of an ICBM. It will be only a matter of time before the rest of the world double's back on our economic position and we will be forced to back down our threatening posture do to lack of valuable funds to feed the machine.

Iran has been bullied by the US government for so long, that it comes as no surprise their government is more than happy to provide the catalyst for the economic double cross to be executed. It is a shame. We could easily counter this move simply by pulling our military back to our own shores and our own coasts. Oil prices would plummet and force the hand of OPEC. They would have to halve oil production to force an imbalance in supply in order to manipulate the price to todays levels.

Then you would witness countries like say China for instance quickly get on our side in applying pressure to the regimes around the Persian Gulf. Instead, our government is playing Nuclear Chicken with the rest of the world, and it looks like Iran is more than willing to up the stakes. My guess is that at some point, the huge oil companies like Cheveron, Exxon, BP, screwed over the workers in those oil fields much the same way the corps screw over the workers here at home.

Looks like the world is rejecting the US corporate agenda. I think American's in this country would be wise to follow suit. The sooner we get rid of the nepotism and greed at the top of our economic food chain, the sooner we can get back to growing together as a prosperous nation. We need to be a partner in the world and a good neighbor to other countries. Instead, we act like our shit doesn't stink and bully people around. Sounds like a corp attitude. Bunch of wannabe's.

Our USD is in dire straights and is on the brink of clogging up the Oil Pipeline. It is no wonder that OPEC is looking to dislodge this clot. It might be the Iranian Speed Boat Navy that the mighty 5th fleet sends to the bottom of Hormuz, but no amount of military power is going to save the USD from getting their first.

mkeller
05-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Great video (and a really nice camera)! You just might be right . . .

RonPaulVolunteer
05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
really nice camera!

PAL not NTSC camera helps, but it's the professional lights that make all the difference...

StilesBC
05-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry, but your wrong on every single account.

Prove it. Show me that USD reserves of Iranian and Arab countries are falling. I have no interest in being right. I am simply stating the facts from an economic perspective. Unless Iran actually starts switching it's reserves for something else, it's threats of pricing oil in something else are hollow.

Consider this article from an Austrian economist and Ron Paul supporter: http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2007/11/oil-pricing-unit-red-herring.html

ams5995
05-02-2008, 03:59 PM
wow, incredible picture.

LittleLightShining
05-02-2008, 04:06 PM
if the second largest oil supplier in the world is no longer accepting our currency in exchange for oil then it is reasonable to assume that demand for our currency is going to drop.

If demand for something drops at the same time that supply is being increased, what happens to the value of that thing?

So I think your assessment is a little off the mark considering the laws of supply and demand.

The only reason that there is a demand for USD around the world is the FACT that for so long the USD was a strong currency that held value higher than that of other currencies. Hence oil being traded for USD's as the tradition goes. Thanks to the fact that your friendly neighborhood banker is allowed to monetize our national debt by printing a never ending stream of USD, the purchasing power of the greenback has taken a nosedive. No country wants to hold USD as a reserve currency or otherwise because it is loosing purchasing power.

Our national debt is sub-prime in world markets. Our USD is backed by the threat of violence. We are holding the world in check at the point of an ICBM. It will be only a matter of time before the rest of the world double's back on our economic position and we will be forced to back down our threatening posture do to lack of valuable funds to feed the machine.

Iran has been bullied by the US government for so long, that it comes as no surprise their government is more than happy to provide the catalyst for the economic double cross to be executed. It is a shame. We could easily counter this move simply by pulling our military back to our own shores and our own coasts. Oil prices would plummet and force the hand of OPEC. They would have to halve oil production to force an imbalance in supply in order to manipulate the price to todays levels.

Then you would witness countries like say China for instance quickly get on our side in applying pressure to the regimes around the Persian Gulf. Instead, our government is playing Nuclear Chicken with the rest of the world, and it looks like Iran is more than willing to up the stakes. My guess is that at some point, the huge oil companies like Cheveron, Exxon, BP, screwed over the workers in those oil fields much the same way the corps screw over the workers here at home.

Looks like the world is rejecting the US corporate agenda. I think American's in this country would be wise to follow suit. The sooner we get rid of the nepotism and greed at the top of our economic food chain, the sooner we can get back to growing together as a prosperous nation. We need to be a partner in the world and a good neighbor to other countries. Instead, we act like our shit doesn't stink and bully people around. Sounds like a corp attitude. Bunch of wannabe's.

Our USD is in dire straights and is on the brink of clogging up the Oil Pipeline. It is no wonder that OPEC is looking to dislodge this clot. It might be the Iranian Speed Boat Navy that the mighty 5th fleet sends to the bottom of Hormuz, but no amount of military power is going to save the USD from getting their first.
+1

StilesBC
05-02-2008, 04:14 PM
and one for newbitech:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2007/12/not-your-fathers-deflation-rebuttal.html
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2007/12/peter-schiff-replies-to-deflation.html

There are always two sides to a debate. The most well read Austrian economists I know believe in a deflationary outcome. One that is probably far worse than any hyperinflation.

Giuliani was there on 911
05-02-2008, 04:29 PM
I hope this isn't some non sense about it being about oil/euro for dollar/Bush jr getting revenge. The war in Iraq and future war in Iran are for ISRAEL. I'm getting sick of having to convince people so, if you can't see it after it's been explained to you , you are a mental midget.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-02-2008, 11:15 PM
thanks for all the great feedback.

newbitech
05-03-2008, 11:46 PM
and one for newbitech:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2007/12/not-your-fathers-deflation-rebuttal.html
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2007/12/peter-schiff-replies-to-deflation.html

There are always two sides to a debate. The most well read Austrian economists I know believe in a deflationary outcome. One that is probably far worse than any hyperinflation.

whether the outcome of our current economic crisis is deflation or inflation it still doesn't change the fact that if the 2nd largest oil supplier in the world is no longer accepting our currency then our currency has lost value. This is besides the fact that our currency is being inflated by the banks creating currency out of thin air. What are those dollars now going to buy?

China still needs its oil so it will have to find something that Iranians value. That means the USD that China was going to use to buy oil have lost value. Those USD can no longer buy oil for China. So China still will buy the oil, but first must convert the USD to something that Iran will accept. This puts those dollars in competition with whatever Iran will accept. Lets say its the Euro. So now all the currency that was being exchanged for the Euro will have a new competitor. This makes the value of the Euro rise because a new demand has been created. Since we already exchange USD for Euro for other things, what do you think will happen to the existing USD that is already being traded for EURO? Thats right, it loses value due to the supply of the USD increasing relative to the demand in exchange for the Euro. (of course the world bank will just print more Euro making this a global issue, and where does the market correct?)

Bottom line, nothing good can come out of the Iranians refusing to trade in with our paper. The fact is, Iran is cutting off its supply of USD. Whatever USD that Iran does hold in reserves will stop flowing in to and out of the financial markets. This is in a way good news because it will force more USD to come back to the states. Unfortunately we are already pumping new money, so whatever deflationary pressure this money coming back home (by way of foreign markets using the new glut of Iranian USD reserves) via exports may have relieved is canceled out and then some.

No amount of world reserve USD is going to keep pace with the FED money creating machine teamed up with the government debt generator. This is not the Great Depression part II. This is much worse. Historians will come up with some new economic term to describe what is happening right now. Problem being of course its not an economic problem its a government monetary policy disaster. So even in the future I predict the history books, if we are allowed to have books then, will still get it wrong.

re: Inflation vs. deflation as the outcome. Its a range. Right now there is no doubt that inflation is spiraling upwards. Assets aren't losing their value because people and business can't afford them. Assets are losing their value because their value has been inflated for so long. What we are seeing is the results of inflation and its really a simple argument to make that in the end inflation will cause deflation. Yes eventually prices will reach a high point where they cannot be maintained thus market forces will cause those prices to come back down.

Problem is, the corruption we have had in our govt and financial and economic institutes has allowed those prices to remain artificially high for so long. This deception went unchecked for so long because those money masters have done an excellent job hiding the paper and manipulating the ups and downs in the markets making it appear that wealth and capital were being created with these financial gimmicks. In reality, the only thing being created was secret paper that was used to pull off the manipulation in the perceived value of certain assets and categories of assets. (see the dot com bubble, housing bubble, credit bubble. The later of which is incomprehensible to the layman and in fact most bankers. The derivative markets are holding on by a thread.)

Bernake, Bush, Clinton, Blair, Greenspan, Dimon, you know the usual suspects are basically trying to put the cat back in the bag. The gig is up. The lights are on. We know that we have been suffering inflation since 1913. Now its time to see the floor fall out. The only thing we can do to cushion the fall is to stop climbing higher. By continue to lie and prop up a fake valuation of our currency and what its worth, we are only distancing ourselves from reality and that momentum and potential energy we create by stretching that rubber band farther and farther apart is going to come back and smack us in the face worse than any nuclear terrorist attack from some islamic jihadist fundemtalist arab.

Our country is on the brink and the world knows it.

Pauls' Revere
05-04-2008, 12:14 AM
These are out and about to which explain it in much greater detail. According to the preacher we sit on huge reserves at ANWAR yet wont tap it because Saudi Arabia is purchasing a percentage of our national debt from oil sales. Very interesting stuff and a great job with the video. btw, Iran opened it's oil bourse this last Febuary which coincidently coincidened with those undersea cables being cut...remember that. It is open but is small right now last I read.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3340274697167011147
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2302/2458961706_6754c95b27.jpg?v=0

newbitech
05-04-2008, 12:29 AM
These are out and about to which explain it in much greater detail. According to the preacher we sit on huge reserves at ANWAR yet wont tap it because Saudi Arabia is purchasing a percentage of our national debt from oil sales. Very interesting stuff and a great job with the video. btw, Iran opened it's oil bourse this last Febuary which coincidently coincidened with those undersea cables being cut...remember that. It is open but is small right now last I read.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3340274697167011147
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2302/2458961706_6754c95b27.jpg?v=0

I have heard this preacher you are referring to. Regarding untapped reserves. I am sure that many will agree that ANWR is probably the last untapped reserve that is easily and cheaply accessible. With that in mind, most of the new fields being tapped and exploration being done, and R&D for the technology to get it is focused on getting the oil out in the oceans.

This poses huge problems as we would be competing with the earth itself to extract these resources. Now if you would indulge some speculation. I have lived in FL all my life and have even done lobbying (canvassed neighborhoods) to collect money to fight bills in congress that would open up FL to offshore drilling.

FL sticks out into the gulf of mexico like a sore thumb. FL is made of the soft rock called limestone. Disney World is sitting on top of the worlds largest oil fields. Sure its 4 miles down, but its not in the middle of the ocean. Drill here and end our dependency on foreign oil!

Should I contact Grisham now and start negotiating royalties? =D

Seriously though, China is slant drilling from Cuba and stealing the oil out from under us. Yet another reason to normalize relation with our island neighbor.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/china_starts_oil_drilling.html

There are new reports out circulating that Chinese firms are planning to slant drill off the Cuban coast near the Florida Straits, tapping into U.S. oil reserves that are estimated at 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion barrels. This compares with 4 billion to 10 billion barrels believed to be beneath the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge, where drilling is held up in Congress due to the objections of environmental groups which warn of endangering caribou. Permission to drill in the refuge, which experts are certain will not present any environmental hazard, has failed by just two votes in the Senate.

So maybe my little theory has some merit after all?

Sir VotesALot
05-04-2008, 01:36 AM
I hope this isn't some non sense about it being about oil/euro for dollar/Bush jr getting revenge. The war in Iraq and future war in Iran are for ISRAEL. I'm getting sick of having to convince people so, if you can't see it after it's been explained to you , you are a mental midget.

+1

Israel wants us to destabilize the region for them so they can feel secure and that's what we're doing. Oil is relatively unimportant.

newbitech
05-04-2008, 10:52 AM
+1

Israel wants us to destabilize the region for them so they can feel secure and that's what we're doing. Oil is relatively unimportant.

The USD funds both sides of the fight. Destabilizing the region isn't going to make anyone feel secure except for the war profiteers, bankers and oil men. You are right, oil is unimportant relative to food, shelter, national sovereignty and liberty.