PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Party?

kingmonkey
05-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I was thinking about this. There are millions of Ron Paul supporters and none of us really seem to know what to do or where to go. Why don't we all get together and form a third party -- the Revolution Party of America -- and use it as a platform to continue our education campaign?

Think about it: With all of the Ron Paul Revolutionaries out there (millions and millions of us) we could easily achieve ballot access in all 50 States (especially if the good doctor would join the party). Now all of the Ron Paul Republicans would have a real party that represents their views.

Revolution Party -- I like that name because that is what most of us stand for. We aren't satisfied with incrementalism. We need revolutionary fast change or this country is doomed. I'm sure a lot of you are going to be naysayers saying "no it would never work" or "we should try and change the Republican party." Screw that. They said Dr. Paul could never get any attention and look at him now. He's a house hold name with a #1 best selling book.

So think about it. The Revolution Party could really be a revolutionary way of taking control of our country again.

MCockerill08
05-02-2008, 06:51 AM
The title is too inflammatory for recruitment of those not already in The R3Volution.

yongrel
05-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Sounds a little like Chairman Mao's permanent revolution.

constituent
05-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Sounds a little like Chairman Mao's permanent revolution.

you're thinking trotsky....

and Ron Paul!

crazyfingers
05-02-2008, 10:55 AM
What'd you think the Libertarian Party has been trying to do since 1972?

The two "major" parties have the system locked down.

Don Wills
05-02-2008, 11:02 AM
...Why don't we all get together and form a third party -- the Revolution Party of America...

Been there done that. The system that the Demopublicans have built is impenetrable!
After failing to get a third party going, I dabbled in the LP, even attending the 2006 LP
Convention in Portland. A real eye opener, and what I saw was not good. So I gave
up on politics until Ron Paul announced for President. I immediately went to the
county clerk, changed my registration to Republican and became a Ron Paul activist.

About last November it became clear to me that Ron Paul would not get the nomination,
so I thought - we've got to not let this best-in-my-lifetime (I'm old) opportunity slip
through our fingers. So after much consternation, ten of us founded the Wyoming
Republican Liberty Caucus (we're chartered by the national RLC). We're now building
the WYRLC up from the Ron Paul supporter base. Yes we have to hold our noses to be
in the room of some Republicans, but compromise is the essence of politics.

Bottom line - join your state RLC. If it's dead, revive it. If it's a bunch of neocons,
take it back. Just don't let the revolution die in your state.

bander87
05-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Been there done that. The system that the Demopublicans have built is impenetrable!
After failing to get a third party going, I dabbled in the LP, even attending the 2006 LP
Convention in Portland. A real eye opener, and what I saw was not good. So I gave
up on politics until Ron Paul announced for President. I immediately went to the
county clerk, changed my registration to Republican and became a Ron Paul activist.

Why wasn't it good?

amy31416
05-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I thought he was talking about having a kegger for all of us. Now that, I'm on board with--the third party thing, not so much.

We have to play our cards in the Republican party first.

Athan
05-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes, the whole point recently has been taking back the republican party BECAUSE third parties at this point are ineffective. Ron Paul has stated this clearly time and again to the chagrin of his supporters desperate to see him be on the November ballot.

However his plan to take the republican party's reigns are having great benefits. So no I don't think another party is a good idea. It would divide us further if anything.

Kotin
05-02-2008, 04:28 PM
I thought he was talking about having a kegger for all of us. Now that, I'm on board with--the third party thing, not so much.

We have to play our cards in the Republican party first.

indeed, lets have a revolution kegger.

amy31416
05-02-2008, 04:42 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p46/andrenalinnn/RevolutionPoster.jpg

It's the best I could find on short notice.

Kotin
05-02-2008, 04:45 PM
well done.

but i see no mention of a keg

kingmonkey
05-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I should have known. Funny how defeatism runs so rampant in people who claim they believe in changing things. Most are just too scared to attempt doing something big. I guess that applies here too.

sratiug
05-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I was thinking about this. There are millions of Ron Paul supporters and none of us really seem to know what to do or where to go. Why don't we all get together and form a third party -- the Revolution Party of America -- and use it as a platform to continue our education campaign?

Think about it: With all of the Ron Paul Revolutionaries out there (millions and millions of us) we could easily achieve ballot access in all 50 States (especially if the good doctor would join the party). Now all of the Ron Paul Republicans would have a real party that represents their views.

Revolution Party -- I like that name because that is what most of us stand for. We aren't satisfied with incrementalism. We need revolutionary fast change or this country is doomed. I'm sure a lot of you are going to be naysayers saying "no it would never work" or "we should try and change the Republican party." Screw that. They said Dr. Paul could never get any attention and look at him now. He's a house hold name with a #1 best selling book.

So think about it. The Revolution Party could really be a revolutionary way of taking control of our country again.

Add a word. The American Revolution Party.

forsmant
05-02-2008, 10:54 PM
yeahhh! revolution I like revolting. It smells funny but i like it. Maybe we should each form a third party of our own and fight the government single handedly.

Don Wills
05-03-2008, 08:49 AM
In response to my statement about what I saw at the 2006 LP Convention
in Portland being "not good"...

Why wasn't it good?

I respect those who believe the LP is the way to go, and I don't
like to bash them, but I'll provide the following opinion -

The LP isn't a political party, it's a debating club. The couple of hundred
attendees that I watched in Portland don't have a clue about what it
takes to elect candidates, from marketing to money to organization.
Harry Browne's campaigns were, to be polite, severely mismanaged.
Ditto Badnarik's.

The electoral results have been abysmal. To my knowledge, in its 36
years of existence, the LP has not elected a single member to federal
office, and has elected just 12 to state legislatures, none of which are
in office now. The 1980 LP presidential ticket of Clark/Koch garnered
1.1% of the vote. In the 6 elections since then, the LP vote for president
has never surpassed half of that.

The LP continues to be unable to decide whether it is an educational
organization, a real political party or a social club. From what I saw at
the 2006 convention, that argument will not be settled any time soon.
If your purpose is to effect change through electoral politics, any time
or money spent on the LP is just wasted.

amy31416
05-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I should have known. Funny how defeatism runs so rampant in people who claim they believe in changing things. Most are just too scared to attempt doing something big. I guess that applies here too.

It's not so much defeatism as it is realism. Understand that the majority of us are not experienced in the ways of politics and we don't have the numbers or the media to upset the status quo. It would take us years to establish a new party and we'd likely end up like the LP, a semi-politically active debate club.

We are making some progress via delegates and congressional candidates and learning a lot about the Republican platform and politics in general. The GOP is weak right now, perfect to take over and return to it's real principles. I think this effectively mirrors our desire to return the entire country to it's original principles.

If RP had run on the Libertarian ticket again, he would have hardly made a dent. If he had run on a brand new party ticket, very few of us here would have heard of him.

Taking back the GOP is the strategy that the majority of us have agreed on. That said, if it doesn't work, and building a third party seems viable, I'd be interested.

ronpaulhawaii
05-03-2008, 09:26 AM
It's not so much defeatism as it is realism. Understand that the majority of us are not experienced in the ways of politics and we don't have the numbers or the media to upset the status quo. It would take us years to establish a new party and we'd likely end up like the LP, a semi-politically active debate club.

We are making some progress via delegates and congressional candidates and learning a lot about the Republican platform and politics in general. The GOP is weak right now, perfect to take over and return to it's real principles. I think this effectively mirrors our desire to return the entire country to it's original principles.

If RP had run on the Libertarian ticket again, he would have hardly made a dent. If he had run on a brand new party ticket, very few of us here would have heard of him.

Taking back the GOP is the strategy that the majority of us have agreed on. That said, if it doesn't work, and building a third party seems viable, I'd be interested.

+2008

Deborah K
05-03-2008, 09:44 AM

I don't like the party system, personally. I changed to Republican to vote for RP but I am a registered non-partisan. I think platforms - not partys - should be the distinguishing factor. "Limited government platform" "Big government platform" etc. etc. Partys are divisive.

HarbingerOfTruth
05-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Libertarian Party is fine enough. Anyway, Ron Paul wouldn't want a Revolution Party.

ronpaulhawaii
05-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Libertarian Party is fine enough. Anyway, Ron Paul wouldn't want a Revolution Party.

Ron Paul has been leading us to the GOP as the most effective vehicle for the very real change we are seeking

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-10-2008, 08:56 AM
As long as the same people who control the Republican & Democratic parties are the same people who own the major media a third party has no chance whatsover. We must beat them at their own game and do it from within.

sratiug
05-10-2008, 11:01 AM
American Revolution Corporation, a for profit corporation selling the ideals of our founding fathers, invites you to join our team of associates dedicated to reclaiming our constitutional republic. Invest in America by buying our stock today!

Since the Supreme Court has ruled that corporations have the same rights as people, we, American Revolution Corporation are announcing today our candidacy for President of the United States in a year tba. After we transform our nation, our stockholders will be rewarded by profits from our speaking tours and lobbying positions and all the gold from the unfederal reserve.

So buy stock today! And then cast your ballot for you!