PDA

View Full Version : March to Minnesota

PaulB
05-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I registered a while back but I believe this is my first post.

I am going to make this very short and sweet.

If you really want Paul to win the nomination, this is the way to do it.

Forget about the march in Washington. The RNC is on Sept. 1st - 4th at the Xcel Energy Center in St.Paul MN.

What we need is a mass showing of Paul supporters, to show the delegates who the real leader of the party is.

I strongly believe in my heart that if we do this en masse, that we surround the Xcel Center, it will strike shivers in goosebumps into the delegates and could very well change the course of history

So basically this is something called... A March to Minny

We need bus charters and the local residents of the area to host fellow supporters.

www.marchtominny.org

there isn't much there right now, soon there will be ways to book trips and find housing.

The revolution is just getting started...

Danke
05-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Excellent! I live in Saint Paul and will help any RP supporter.

flames2dust77
05-02-2008, 12:23 AM
who are you to tell ppl to forget about the march in DC? There is and has already been alot of hard work and money put into this march.

A march in St. Paul is great. I support all RP supporters who are going. But don't you come here and insult those of us working hard on the DC march.

Ppl can go to any event they choose....heck, go to all 3 if it's possible. The Granny's festival, DC march, and RNC...

There is no point in this thread...there have been dozens like it posted in the last month. The search engine for threads is at the top of the page. Use it.

Have a nice night.

UtahApocalypse
05-02-2008, 07:40 AM
This is the idea I have tried to put in minds for a few months. the other marches may be fun, and great... but this is the real deal.

100k in D.C. wont even make the 5th page of a newspaper. I know that many have been planning and working hard for it, but honestly its the wrong time. We MUST be in MN where the delegates are, where the media will be, and where we can really change history.

I hope that http://www.marchtominny.org/ can become a better site. We need to set up car pools, host homes, events, and many things that can all tie into MN and the real action.

Again, nothing against the Grannies event, or the DC march. I honestly wish I could afford the time and money to attend all 3. However Minnesota, and the RNC is our last stand in the 2008 presidential run for Ron Paul. Yes, the revolution will continue and grow. This year though in MN we can be heard by OUR party, and the world.

belian78
05-02-2008, 08:32 AM
do what you want, but i gaurantee you will not get anywhere near the RNC. you will be at least 4 blocks away in a 'free speech zone', and of no concequence to the media.

ronpaulhawaii
05-02-2008, 08:47 AM
The minmarch is going to be for a certain type of supporter, the grannies is for another. The DC March should include ALL, including people outside the RP and the GOP. It is all well and fine planning on the St Paul events, but very, very bad to compare it to the others and try to discourage / divide us. Very few are looking for the MSM to "help" us - haha. There are many other aspects of the DC march that can be extremely effective, such as coming a day early and visiting your congress people to voice your objection to the NAU, the War, etc.

Anyway, anyone wishing to discourage others here should wear a flame-proof suit.

robert4rp08
05-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Well... I would hope that if Dr. Paul is denied a speech at the convention, the campaign would organize a rally or something next door.

flames2dust77
05-02-2008, 09:48 AM
There are many other aspects of the DC march that can be extremely effective, such as coming a day early and visiting your congress people to voice your objection to the NAU, the War, etc.

See, that's what I have been saying all along. Indeed, people grounded in reality know the march in DC is not going to change the government and might not even be covered by msm. BUT, it still serves many purposes...especially when there will be people there that don't know about RPs freedom message. The march is an opportunity to educate people. There is also an opportunity to network. The movement has lost some momentum, no one can deny that. But, with some of things that are happening right now....Nevada for instance, what better way to bring us all together and get people excited again? This march will be a morale boost for us....we need that fire we had back before super tuesday. I believe after the march we will come out swinging and ready for whatever comes our way.

Disagree with that if you want....but that makes you pretty narrow minded if you don't see the benefits of the march. Just my 2 pennies.