PDA

View Full Version : Coup - Ron Paul Music Event in Atlanta - need advice

Revolution9
08-22-2007, 08:53 AM
OK folks.. I asked Rob, the Chairman of the Little Five Points Business Association, a confirmed metal head, owner of the tattoo shop and the local counterculture coffee shop, a promoter of local bands and musical talent and a pal of everybody's if I could put on a fundraiser. He immediately offered me the square on any weekend I want. He told me it will take only a few days to permit it.. So I am organising with my local meetup to get booths from the college students, a few more bands with a freedom and liberty oriented set and to banner the whole square. I have some sword dancers and fire spinners as well as possibky some circus tumbler acrobats and jugglers who will put on shows. The whole gig will last from noon to 10 PM. It will be Ron Paul Central for that day and this is a coup bigtime. Little Five Points, bohemian capital of the south, has never had any kind of political rally for a candidate at any level. We have music and arts festivals here on weekends through the summer and get a few thousand throughout the day pass through that are not from the neighborhood. I expect 5K to 10K to pass through in the 10 hour period.

This is what i need advice on.. I was origially asking Rob and thinkng about the theatre which could have a door charge to raise funds.. But this was offered instead and will reach a much wider audience so do not look a gift horse in the mouth I figured and run with it. So..there cannot be a cover charge. I will of course have donation envelopes at all the booths. What I need are other ideas that will pad the donations kitty.

Fire away.. I am all ears on this one:D

Best
Randy

Santana28
08-22-2007, 09:02 AM
well, at the street festivals in chicago the door always has signs of "$5 Donation Welcome" or whatever for admission. It looks like you have to pay to get in, and almost everyone does it seems - but if you question them on it you dont have to pay.

You could grill hot dogs or make popcorn or something like that and charge $2 or something... you'd still make a profit off of it for a donation.

ummm.... you're right.... this is hard....

Slugg
08-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Find a good magician, and not those cheezy kind. In some cities there are some GREAT magicians that are 100% counter culture. That is their lively-hood. Set up a small, on the side, area (tent????) and charge for his shows...offer three or four (five?) shows during the day...with a cover charge....

A good counter culture magic show kicks a$$!!!

One guy shoved his face in a pile of glass while the biggest guy in the room stepped on his head. He played with fire, swords, and did some excellent mind reading. He did some GREAT stuff!! (mind you, magic is a hobby of mine). It meshes WELL with the counter culture, if you pick the right magician.

beermotor
08-22-2007, 09:30 AM
CAN YOU PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get Mastodon? When are you going to do this? Mastodon is great live, and I really enjoyed their show out in front of Junkman's Daughter/Criminal Records.

Revolution9
08-22-2007, 09:39 AM
CAN YOU PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get Mastodon? When are you going to do this? Mastodon is great live, and I really enjoyed their show out in front of Junkman's Daughter/Criminal Records.

I know Mastodon. They are family friends. They have told me I blow their lights with some of the shit I know about and have taught them while shooting the breeze. I will ask Rob if he can get them.. They surely must back Ron Paul..

I am not sure when but out back having a smoke just now it occurred to me that the best time second week of October and bill as The Freedom Harvest Festival. I just PM'ed my son and he is talking to Brann later today ( the drummer) and will ask him if they are in town the second week of October.. man..if they play the square will not hold the crowd..They will come from the next state over..

My former wife manages Junkmans daughter. My son almost has her converted.

Best
randy

DjLoTi
08-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I'll use Band4RonPaul and RonPaulradio in anyway to help you out. Maybe we could do a broadcast :)

Cheers :)

Revolution9
08-22-2007, 09:48 AM
well, at the street festivals in chicago the door always has signs of "$5 Donation Welcome" or whatever for admission. It looks like you have to pay to get in, and almost everyone does it seems - but if you question them on it you dont have to pay.

You could grill hot dogs or make popcorn or something like that and charge $2 or something... you'd still make a profit off of it for a donation.

ummm.... you're right.... this is hard....

There is no way to pull a "gateway" situation off. This is not a street but an open square at the junction of five roads. there will of course be donation jars and envelopes and I think sending babes around with hats every so often to collect will work too. This is strictly an out in the open situation and tents with sideshows will crowd out the square.

Yeah..its a toughie., I can see the food thing making a buck but we have local businesses who may not appreciate that.

best
Randy

Revolution9
08-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I'll use Band4RonPaul and RonPaulradio in anyway to help you out. Maybe we could do a broadcast :)

Cheers :)

That would be awesome! This is only just developing. but moving quickly. Like I got permission 2.5 hours ago.. But hey..we are already recruiting Mastodon..hopefully..this afternoon. Be nice to get someone to fire the crowd up similar to the Alabama preacher with a speech or two.. No pantywaist or ladieeda types need apply. They will be ignored.. he might even go over well here with the megafume and bluster performance he puts on. I was just pressed for a date to get a commit from mastodon and i chose saturday October 13th. I will confirm in the next day or two. be ince to go back to Rob with a date and an agreement from Mastodon to headline the evening show.

Best
Randy

beermotor
08-22-2007, 10:12 AM
It's probably a huge stretch... but I checked their webpage and they have no tourdates listed, just a festival in Vegas on the 27th of October. So I'm guessing they are home.

I dunno. I mean, they have a song about Iceland - they totally understand the political independence, anarcho-capitalist freedom movement. Getting them to commit to doing it like for real in front of a bunch of folks is another thing entirely. They're just average dudes who happen to rock pretty hard. But maybe we can draft them.

We need battle music for the revolution anyways!

Would be sweet to hear "Hearts Alive" again live ...

Matt Collins
08-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Sell advertising space...

Go to local businesses, even Coke perhaps, and see if anyone will pay you to put up banners in the area.

Tell them how many people you expect to walk through the area. Advertising is all done cpm (cost per thousand) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_per_impression

Revolution9
08-22-2007, 11:43 AM
It's probably a huge stretch... but I checked their webpage and they have no tourdates listed, just a festival in Vegas on the 27th of October. So I'm guessing they are home.

I dunno. I mean, they have a song about Iceland - they totally understand the political independence, anarcho-capitalist freedom movement. Getting them to commit to doing it like for real in front of a bunch of folks is another thing entirely. They're just average dudes who happen to rock pretty hard. But maybe we can draft them.

We need battle music for the revolution anyways!

Would be sweet to hear "Hearts Alive" again live ...

I have talked with Brent about fiat currency and gold and oil contracts, the Iraq war and general politics and he is a big Illuminati researcher,,but I got twenty years on him so he is like WTF?? when I have chatted with him. He used to see me around when he was a young punk in the square and thought i was a wild character. And they are in awe of my oil paintings and landmark sculptures and give me kudos props as an artist. They may give me the next album cover.. hell the man even put in the fence in my former wifes house and Brann gives my son drum demos and tips and they are meeting this afternoon.. They are local boys and they are politically aware. They probably know about Ron Paul but I am having Jason bring them DVD's and literature just in case. This is their hometown crew here. I think they would get a blast out of being a part of the Revolution.

http://www.mastodonrocks.com/

Send requests to appear and headlne..hah..Pre-emptve strike! Let them know the Paulites will be out in force if they play.

Rock On Revolution!
Randy

Lord Xar
08-22-2007, 11:47 AM
OK folks.. I asked Rob, the Chairman of the Little Five Points Business Association, a confirmed metal head, owner of the tattoo shop and the local counterculture coffee shop, a promoter of local bands and musical talent and a pal of everybody's if I could put on a fundraiser. He immediately offered me the square on any weekend I want. He told me it will take only a few days to permit it.. So I am organising with my local meetup to get booths from the college students, a few more bands with a freedom and liberty oriented set and to banner the whole square. I have some sword dancers and fire spinners as well as possibky some circus tumbler acrobats and jugglers who will put on shows. The whole gig will last from noon to 10 PM. It will be Ron Paul Central for that day and this is a coup bigtime. Little Five Points, bohemian capital of the south, has never had any kind of political rally for a candidate at any level. We have music and arts festivals here on weekends through the summer and get a few thousand throughout the day pass through that are not from the neighborhood. I expect 5K to 10K to pass through in the 10 hour period.

This is what i need advice on.. I was origially asking Rob and thinkng about the theatre which could have a door charge to raise funds.. But this was offered instead and will reach a much wider audience so do not look a gift horse in the mouth I figured and run with it. So..there cannot be a cover charge. I will of course have donation envelopes at all the booths. What I need are other ideas that will pad the donations kitty.

Fire away.. I am all ears on this one:D

Best
Randy

Sell bottled water.. and either add a "donation" charge or have different pricing for things depending on the "donation" amount.. $1, or $5 bottles of water..

Also, prior to the bands starting you need an MC to speak clearly and tell everyone what is going on... "We are promoting a fundraiser for Ron Paul, presidential candidate." Talk a little of how he will end the IRS, thus saving "them" money... how he will NOT regulate the internet and a few others things.. pass out flyers..

Then ask if that if those who can donate, do so "at the back".."anything will be good" etc...

Revolution9
08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Sell bottled water.. and either add a "donation" charge or have different pricing for things depending on the "donation" amount.. $1, or $5 bottles of water..

Also, prior to the bands starting you need an MC to speak clearly and tell everyone what is going on... "We are promoting a fundraiser for Ron Paul, presidential candidate." Talk a little of how he will end the IRS, thus saving "them" money... how he will NOT regulate the internet and a few others things.. pass out flyers..

Then ask if that if those who can donate, do so "at the back".."anything will be good" etc...

H2O is a good deal. I am also shooting for an RP tshirt and paraphenalia station. I am probably going to have to emcee the event and will prepare something bombastic and appropriate for the crowd. Kind of a rock and roll version of the fiery Alabama Preacher praising Ron at the straw poll. I CAN get away with that persona around here:D I also have requests out to my meetup elders for speakers..no namby pamby soft spoken types need apply..heh..because with this crowd they won't pay them no mind..

Best
Randy

beermotor
08-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Lobby 'em hard! Would love to see these guys live again!

Revolution9
08-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Lobby 'em hard! Would love to see these guys live again!

Jason (Horatio Negersky as avatar) says Brann is alright with it. He has just gotta run it by them. BTW..Jason said you denied you knew him on AIM or simething.. he was the other guy in a bowler at the Limerick Junction meetup that came with me. He is nailing this down as far as Mastodon is concerned.

Best
Randy

danda
08-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi Randy, do you have a date set for the event? I didn't see one.

Anyway, I'd like to know if you would put some Online Rally cards/fliers on display if I sent them to you? Seems like a good way to get more people to upload photos. I need to design and print them up first.... will probably take a week or so, and a few days to get to you...

DeadheadForPaul
08-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Revolution, which ATL meetup group are you in? The actual Atlanta one, Alpharetta, Dunwoody, etc?

Horatio Negersky
08-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Revolution, which ATL meetup group are you in? The actual Atlanta one, Alpharetta, Dunwoody, etc?

We're in the 294 Atlanta Meetup, yes.
-
Negersky

DeadheadForPaul
08-22-2007, 06:11 PM
We're in the 294 Atlanta Meetup, yes.
-
Negersky

Nice. I just joined that one. Hope to see you guys soon

Revolution9
08-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi Randy, do you have a date set for the event? I didn't see one.

Anyway, I'd like to know if you would put some Online Rally cards/fliers on display if I sent them to you? Seems like a good way to get more people to upload photos. I need to design and print them up first.... will probably take a week or so, and a few days to get to you...

Yes.. I will get them out there. It will be held October the 13 on a Saturday from Noon to 10 PM. Mastodon had an issue with the abortion thing so Jason ( Horatio Negersky) my son, and I are fashioning strings of mighty rhetoric.. Mostly these guys are anti-Illuminati and would get a charge out of knocking them out of the catbird seat via Ron Paul. The event is gonna be billed as The Fall Freedom Harvest Festival.

I will be using the base Mosaic and then decorating the borders and top and bottom of the poster with band and time info etc..

Best
Randy

Revolution9
08-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Nice. I just joined that one. Hope to see you guys soon

We have a rally every Saturday at 3PM at Freedom Park just two blocks north of Little Five Points central.

Best
Randy

beermotor
08-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Here's what you tell them about the abortion thing:

Centralizing the right in the Federal state is the OPPOSITE of what pro-choice folks should do. This is because, look at what's happening now: you've got a federal right that's completely capable of being 100% eviscerated, or abrogated, by the Supreme Court, and there's nothing anyone else can do about it. That is why Roe v. Wade (and all the following cases that modify it) is not a good decision. Putting rights at the top just allows someone to gain power and abuse those rights. I mean, let's be honest, that's why Giuliani is DROOLING over the presidency, right? He wants to WIELD that power, against the world, against the People.

I'm an anarchist, but I support Ron Paul because his message is a good step in the right direction. And giving him air time, and visible support, is waking up lots and lots of folks, and that is very good for us, the People, and the world. So if you're truly for "choice" in everything (not just abortion), you want to spread everything out, decentralize everything you can (except, maybe, national defense). Some states may outlaw it, sure - but you know, it is a LOT easier for We the People to change a state law, than it is to change a Federal one (in fact, we have absolutely 0% control over it now).

Revolution9
08-23-2007, 06:19 AM
Here's what you tell them about the abortion thing:

Centralizing the right in the Federal state is the OPPOSITE of what pro-choice folks should do. This is because, look at what's happening now: you've got a federal right that's completely capable of being 100% eviscerated, or abrogated, by the Supreme Court, and there's nothing anyone else can do about it. That is why Roe v. Wade (and all the following cases that modify it) is not a good decision. Putting rights at the top just allows someone to gain power and abuse those rights. I mean, let's be honest, that's why Giuliani is DROOLING over the presidency, right? He wants to WIELD that power, against the world, against the People.

I'm an anarchist, but I support Ron Paul because his message is a good step in the right direction. And giving him air time, and visible support, is waking up lots and lots of folks, and that is very good for us, the People, and the world. So if you're truly for "choice" in everything (not just abortion), you want to spread everything out, decentralize everything you can (except, maybe, national defense). Some states may outlaw it, sure - but you know, it is a LOT easier for We the People to change a state law, than it is to change a Federal one (in fact, we have absolutely 0% control over it now).

He had them and then Branns' wife waltzed by and muttered that RP isn't pro choice. Jason gave the States right spiel and that got therough somewhat..but we have to get around the female contingent and the "resoect for a woman's right to choose contingent". The ridiculous thing is that none of them has ever had nor would ever have an abortion. They have been inculcated with the "men tell you what to do with your own body" routine. This of course makes them against anything that seems like the paradigm they believe is continued. We ae going to hit them with the cross-hypocrisy rhetorical slam dunk.. It is alright to kill children in proxy wars for Israel by having any of the other canddates in office but don't tell me what to do with my body.when RP didn't and wants to leave it to the states.

Jeesh
Randy

beermotor
08-24-2007, 04:56 AM
He had them and then Branns' wife waltzed by and muttered that RP isn't pro choice. Jason gave the States right spiel and that got therough somewhat..but we have to get around the female contingent and the "resoect for a woman's right to choose contingent". The ridiculous thing is that none of them has ever had nor would ever have an abortion. They have been inculcated with the "men tell you what to do with your own body" routine. This of course makes them against anything that seems like the paradigm they believe is continued. We ae going to hit them with the cross-hypocrisy rhetorical slam dunk.. It is alright to kill children in proxy wars for Israel by having any of the other canddates in office but don't tell me what to do with my body.when RP didn't and wants to leave it to the states.

Jeesh
Randy

Yeah, the most important thing is war, I think. War as an ideological tool of the state must be stopped. War is only appropriate in self-defense; Hitler was in favor of offensive wars, and look where it got him. My wife is a staunch democrat, but will vote for Ron Paul in the primary, because she used to get so upset with the one-issue abortion voters who vote republican without thinking... abortion is something that touches very few people on a daily basis, while the government is out there killing folks every single day in other countries. It's a question of priorities.

Good luck with them, I hope it works out, would be sweet. I need to pick up the new record, the stuff I've watched on YouTube is great.