PDA

View Full Version : What a nice tax payer thing to do for others

stilltrying
05-01-2008, 09:09 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080501/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_food

The BS never quits with these A$$holios.

"The American people are generous people and they're a compassionate people. We believe in the timeless truth `to whom much is given, much is expected."

RSLudlum
05-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Isn't this right out of FDR's playbook?? First the Banks then the Farmers...what's next? Some huge infrastructure projects like razing the Statue of Liberty and replacing it with a ultrahigh security prison for enemies of the establishment??

Kludge
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Isn't this right out of FDR's playbook?? First the Banks then the Farmers...what's next? Some huge infrastructure projects like razing the Statue of Liberty and replacing it with a ultrahigh security prison for enemies of the establishment??

Why bother razing it? Maybe we can lock up other enemies of The State on Ellis Island so they can think about their crimes against the free world.

Carehn
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Bush is such a good democrat

stilltrying
05-01-2008, 09:20 PM
So we give $700 million for food aid while our gas prices are jumping out the roof. What is the EU contributing? What is Japan contributing? What is Russia contributing? What is China contributing?

slacker921
05-01-2008, 09:22 PM
wow.. we are 9 TRILLION dollars in debt and we're... oh... what the heck... what's another 0.00077 trillion in the pile.
I guess it's like those people who are facing bankruptcy and manage to get another credit card so they throw a party for their friends -- so their friends will like them more and maybe help them when they go bankrupt. eh?

Kludge
05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
So we give $700 million for food aid while our gas prices are jumping out the roof. What is the EU contributing? What is Japan contributing? What is Russia contributing? What is China contributing?

The EU actually frequently gives out food aid.
http://www.terradaily.com/reports/EU_announces_biggest-ever_food_aid_package_999.html

Granted, it's not as much as the US, but they don't take in as much revenue.

Related snippet from the article,

"Even so, Bush called it "just the beginning" of the U.S. effort to help. He said the United States would spend a total of $5 billion this year and next on food aid and related programs."

pinkmandy
05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
How much? Does this lunatic not realize we are BROKE?

And how nice of him to help farmers around the world grow food while he pays farmers in the US to NOT farm their land. That's right- go buy some land and the govt might pay you to not cultivate it.

stilltrying
05-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Things like this IMO is nothing more than the NWo'ers trying to buy friends to help them become NWO players/partners/whatever you want to call them. See look we gave you lots of food so come play for us there will be many against us but see how generous we are.

Carehn
05-01-2008, 09:32 PM
How much? Does this lunatic not realize we are BROKE?

And how nice of him to help farmers around the world grow food while he pays farmers in the US to NOT farm their land. That's right- go buy some land and the govt might pay you to not cultivate it.

i come from a 20,000 dry farm and yep... we got paid to not farm about 5,000 of it This is the Free F*cking Market!

RSLudlum
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM
^^^I was just discussing this with my father today. We both have small gardens in our backyards and were contemplating about sending our Rep's letters a letter asking them if we could get subsidized also if we didn't plant. Also, could we get a check for deciding not having anymore kids, since if you have a kid you get more in welfare?? "No baby farming here, can I get a check??" ;)

Oh and to top it off my father's cousin got quite a hefty payment from the Gov't to stop growing Tobacco a few years back.

Carehn
05-01-2008, 09:42 PM
^^^I was just discussing this with my father today. We both have small gardens in our backyards and were contemplating about sending our Rep's letters a letter asking them if we could get subsidized also if we didn't plant. Also, could we get a check for deciding not having anymore kids, since if you have a kid you get more in welfare?? "No baby farming here, can I get a check??" ;)

Oh and to top it off my father's cousin got quite a hefty payment from the Gov't to stop growing Tobacco a few years back.

IM GOING TO WRITE THAT LETTER :D:D:D

WRellim
05-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Bush is such a good democrat

I like that... I think it would make a great bumper sticker!

"Bush is a good Democrat"

WRellim
05-01-2008, 10:02 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080501/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_food

The BS never quits with these A$$holios.

"The American people are generous people and they're a compassionate people. We believe in the timeless truth `to whom much is given, much is expected."

So... now not only are taxpayers expected to bail out Wall Street from the housing bubble... we're also going to be underwriting the "food-bubble speculators" as well...

AB-SO-LU-TELY IN-SANE.

pinkmandy
05-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I just saw the speech rerun on CSPAN. He also said we need to start looking at genetically modified foods to deal with the food shortages.

Nanerbeet
05-02-2008, 02:28 AM
So... now not only are taxpayers expected to bail out Wall Street from the housing bubble... we're also going to be underwriting the "food-bubble speculators" as well...

AB-SO-LU-TELY IN-SANE.

Un-fucking believable; the people have no idea anymore whats going on, its happening right in front of their eyes, and the media dare not call them on it!!!

One of the reasons we know for rising food prices is inflation; the other is speculators!! Hey lets borrow some more money from the Federal reserve, cause inflation, and use that money to buy food from the speculators!! Double wammey!!

C'mon, no more wammies!!

HOLLYWOOD
05-02-2008, 10:17 AM

You mean $970 MILLION... Dubya Bush released $200 Million before the latest amount. Almost a BILLION in weeks... The United States is such a respected country around the world, that we have to "BUY OUR FRIENDS"

It's truly the only reason half the world tolerates America... the government funnels FREE CASH and AID courtesy of the American Taxpayers. All in the Name of Global Control and Empire building, but we'll spin it as "We are the, "Caring and Giving Nation" while we have 25+% of the worlds Prison population, homeless veterans across the nation!

moostraks
05-02-2008, 12:25 PM
"President Bush urged Congress Thursday to approve $770 million to help alleviate dramatically escalating food prices that threaten widespread hunger and increasing social unrest around the world."

Wonder how much he is going to shell out for social unrest here if he keeps this up???

"The money — to be directed primarily at needy African nations —"

Well surprise, surprise. He thinks we can bribe the last vestige of undeveloped nations into liking us because the "terrists" are taking over Africa. Then we will just have to go protect our investment and we will desimate their land too...Just lovely!!