PDA

View Full Version : Who's excited about seeing Dr. Paul tomorrow!?

FireofLiberty
05-01-2008, 06:56 PM
ME! :D

Who else?

The One
05-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Who's How? I'm glad he's excited.

FireofLiberty
05-01-2008, 07:23 PM
LOL! Oops...

Who's*

ronpaulhawaii
05-01-2008, 07:30 PM
I'll be with ya in spirit

Mark
05-01-2008, 09:13 PM
The Carolina event has been moved to Carmichael so I was able to get a ticket
and I'm an usher at Duke so I get to go there as well.

Carmichael is 8000 seats so spread the word!!

IllMortalD
05-01-2008, 10:31 PM
What time are the events?

FireofLiberty
05-01-2008, 10:31 PM
The Carolina event has been moved to Carmichael so I was able to get a ticket
and I'm an usher at Duke so I get to go there as well.

Carmichael is 8000 seats so spread the word!!

Mark, looks like we'll be working together at Duke because I'm an usher as well, LOL! It was the only way I could get a ticket too... Well, I could have probably gotten in because I'm with BJ's campaign and all, but I figured instead of trying to do that I'd just agree to help out instead.

FireofLiberty
05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
What time are the events?

The UNC event is at 3:30pm at Carmichael Auditorium. Parking will be tough to get, so come early. If you want to come to that event you must get your ticket here:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/112241718

Tickets are still available and they are free!

The Duke event is at 6:30 at Reynolds Theater and is sold out.

Mark
05-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Mark, looks like we'll be working together at Duke because I'm an usher as well, LOL! It was the only way I could get a ticket too... Well, I could have probably gotten in because I'm with BJ's campaign and all, but I figured instead of trying to do that I'd just agree to help out instead.

Yeah Garland, I noticed that! Looks like we'll be leading the way. ;)

As far as times - I got this in an email as last official word:

----

This is the official last word on tomorrow's two great events.

The UNC Carrol Hall event was moved. You can now rally for liberty and see
Dr. Paul with a boatload of friends at UNC's Carmichael Auditorium
which seats 8000 (open seating).

Doors open at 2:30. Preliminary speeches begin at approximately 3:10.

Dr. Paul delivers his speech at 3:30.

----

There is also a second evening event at Duke for 600 people on Friday
May 2 at the Duke Reynold’s theater at 6:30. However, this event is
now sold out. This promises to be a very special event, because Dr.
Paul is a graduate of the Duke Medical School.

----

A book signing was promised at both venues. That has been cancelled.
However, if you bring your own copy of The Revolution Dr. Paul will
sign it.

---- End of official word.

rancher89
05-02-2008, 05:30 AM
I'll see you guys there, last minute change of plans, Look for the big Veterans for Ron Paul sign and if you are a veteran, please come sign it!!

dustup
05-02-2008, 05:48 AM
I'll see you guys there, last minute change of plans, Look for the big Veterans for Ron Paul sign and if you are a veteran, please come sign it!!
I will see you all there! :D and I will look you up rancher89!

rancher89
05-02-2008, 08:42 PM
OK, dustup, did I see you???? things get a little scattered for me at these events, so please forgive me if I seemed "elsewhere." There was so much going on and it was a great speech!! More later, tired.

dustup
05-03-2008, 10:35 AM
OK, dustup, did I see you???? things get a little scattered for me at these events, so please forgive me if I seemed "elsewhere." There was so much going on and it was a great speech!! More later, tired.

I didn't see you rancher89, but m one of my sons said he saw Vets in uniform out front after I went into the auditorium, I went back out and you were gone! Sorry we didn't connect. Just so you know I was there, the PA system was terrible when they first started, but got better when Eric Smith started speaking. There were 9 of us from our group that attended and enjoyed every minute of it!
Ron Paul is always true to form and right on point!

rancher89
05-03-2008, 01:40 PM
LOL, I wasn't in uniform, haven't been in 40 yrs.....I had the big blue banner under one of the basketball nets--Veteran's for Ron Paul Revolution--sorry I missed you:(

Bossobass
05-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Just got back. We stayed in Durham today for a charity fundraiser for the Duke Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Program.

First report added to my sig HERE (http://web.mac.com/bossobass.com/iWeb/Site%208/Chapel%20Hill%20May%202008.html)

Another great rally.

Bosso

Bossobass
05-03-2008, 06:26 PM
I've also just added a page so you all can meet a GREAT RP SUPPORTER, Rancher89 (http://web.mac.com/bossobass.com/iWeb/Site%208/More%20Chapel%20Hill.html)

Another great event goes into the books. Ron sure has gotten his platform stump speech down. I enjoyed every minute.

See you all on Tuesday after our vores are cast.

Bosso

Allen72289
05-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Anyone know when the pics will be up?

dustup
05-03-2008, 08:15 PM
LOL, I wasn't in uniform, haven't been in 40 yrs.....I had the big blue banner under one of the basketball nets--Veteran's for Ron Paul Revolution--sorry I missed you:(

Sorry Rancher! I was so fixated on Ron Paul and the other candidates I didn't see the banner! But I was setting at a bad angle to see you at the left of Dr Paul. (that would be Dr. Paul's left)
Hope you can make it to the DC Rally in June and you have your banner, i WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU!
I am supporting two Vets in my county of Richmond for County Commissioner, one a Republican and one running as an independent. Their Names are Ed O'Neal and Larry Rogers.
Ed O'Neal is Retired Command Sgt. Maj. and is largely responsible for establishing the Veterans Outpatient clinic in Hamlet, NC along with other Vets and Congressman Robin Hayes. He has been a citizen of Richmond county since 1975 and has been engaged in improving it ever since.
Here is a picture of the new Veterans facility in Hamlet, NC
http://www.yourdailyjournal.com/content/articles/2008/05/03/news/news02.jpg
Larry Rogers Is a Retired Colonel US Army and native of Richmond county. It was his job to restore war torn countries infrastructures and Now he is fighting to help rebuild the infrastructure of our NAFTA torn community.
God Bless them both and I will support them 100% !

cayton
05-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Where can one find access to the pictures the guy was taking of people meeting dr Paul at the UNC event?

cayton
05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
bump... There was a guy taking pictures of each person in line with rp to go up on the website.. anyone know who that guy was or where I can get those pictures?

Bossobass
05-08-2008, 03:08 PM
bump... There was a guy taking pictures of each person in line with rp to go up on the website.. anyone know who that guy was or where I can get those pictures?

Yes. They post them on Flikr. The Duke photos are up, but I didn't see the UNC Chapel Hill photos, but then again, I didn't look too hard.

Post back with a link when you find them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronpaul2008/

Bosso

rancher89
05-09-2008, 06:29 AM
I've also just added a page so you all can meet a GREAT RP SUPPORTER, Rancher89 (http://web.mac.com/bossobass.com/iWeb/Site%208/More%20Chapel%20Hill.html)

Another great event goes into the books. Ron sure has gotten his platform stump speech down. I enjoyed every minute.

See you all on Tuesday after our vores are cast.

Bosso

Dude, I was really disapointed that I hadn't gotten any pics of me at the rally and then BAM there you are!! Thanks --that's a nice pic of your wife too! Here's a link to the pics I took that day plus a few that Tony took....
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/127/photos/

cayton
05-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Yes. They post them on Flikr. The Duke photos are up, but I didn't see the UNC Chapel Hill photos, but then again, I didn't look too hard.

Post back with a link when you find them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronpaul2008/

Bosso

Thanks for the link... I checked it out, they have the duke pics but still no UNC ones. I hope they get them up eventually!