PDA

View Full Version : Anger...

Bold As Love
05-01-2008, 04:57 PM
That is the first word in the song from which I got my screen-name. Thanks to the legendary Jimi Hendrix.

It also sums up very well my thoughts right now...don't even know how to express it appropriately, but would like to in every note, chord, rhythm, color, language and figure of speech known to man.

After the performance of my "illustrious" and shameful state in the primary in March...I stepped away from this whole thing and dialed it down to simmer.

I love my country, the country that I thought I lived in. I recognize now that was likely an illusion created by the school system I went through. I am embarrassed for it now. We are the United States and these three front-runners are the best that we can do??? We have totally sold out to a sensationalist, profit-driven, truth-ignoring media. They are currently in the process of dooming us to at least four more years of the miserable status-quo. But you already know that.

This little worker-bee is seriously disillusioned. At first glance, I felt the best response would be to drop out in protest. No more politics, no conventions, no activity...Do not vote...do not participate in anyway whatsoever in such a ridiculous shell game. I still am leaning in that direction, I must admit.

However, it occurs to me that in my own little pathetic way I can make a futile protest. What if I decide to vote all the time? Even in those local elections whose politics disgust me even more so than the "big show". Just go to the poll...get a ballot and turn it in. Vote without registering a vote for a single candidate. If only thousands of people would do the same. High voter turnout with hardly no votes counted. Cool.

On that same train of thought. We are allowed to vote for and against propositions on our ballots such as tax increases. Why can't we do the same for candidates?
I would love to go and vote NO for every candidate on my ballot. What if the NO votes were counted. If all the candidates for an office received a negative vote, then there just would not be someone appointed to that position for that election cycle.

Nonsense, you might say...but consider the past eight years. There is no way you can convince me that we would be worse off with no President than we are right now with the one we have had.

And with that, I will close. Major props out to the patriots in Nevada...excellent example of the corruption that exists in the machine.

ronpaulhawaii
05-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I did the drop-out thing for decades, now I am a bit ashamed. Maybe if I had stayed involved we might be one step closer than we are right now.

And we are winning; bit by bit, seat by seat, mind by mind. The more of us there are, the more of us there will be, and then we reach the tipping point...

lastnymleft
05-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I believe you're approaching it from the wrong way. Whilst you've been sitting out, thousands of other r3V0Lutionaries have been actively participating, storming their local GOP meeting, and conventions. They have been working their way up from precinct, county, and state, to national. And they have been making tremendous inroads. They are getting delegates elected, and platforms changed. They are at the forefront of the fight to take back the GOP from the neo-cons. Even the chicanery of the GOP that is resisting these changes, as you see in Nevada, is signs that the r3V0Lution is making good headway.

Rather than sitting on the sidelines, either with your back turned, or watching, get involved. Help them. They could use your support. Extra numbers WILL guarantee victory. It may not be the neatest, cleanest, swiftest victory, that you may expect in a one-off presidential election, but this is exactly what we need to do to win. Please, do not head down the path that you are proposing. Get INVOLVED.

Stick with your meetup group. They will still be active, and if they are not, help make them so. Find solace in the numbers that we are, and the micro-wins that we have along the way to winning the war between collectivism and individualism.

StilesBC
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance"

Jimi, you weren't born into freedom. You have to fight for it.

pinkmandy
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Welcome back. Here is an interesting group you might enjoy working with:
http://votenoneoftheabove.us/

And hey, we feel your anger. And we are in for the long term fight of our lives to save this country, hell the world for that matter, and dropping out really isn't an option. The children growing up now deserve better. We all do. Why make it easy for the jerks to do what they do?

TER
05-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Nothing that is worth anything of real value comes easy. Only through patience, persistence, and hope.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
05-01-2008, 05:36 PM
nt

Bold As Love
05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I do appreciate the words of encouragement.

The original post was more of a rant than anything else...an outline of my struggle with discouragement but was intended to imply the statement that I will continue to fight.

I live in what I consider a special little piece of Babylon just north of Houston, Tx. This is a place where the Empire, the Borg, the Priests of the Temple of Syrinx (name you evil antagonist) is in absolute control. The face of that control is Republican of the very worst kind. We are only about an hour's drive from the border of Dr. Paul's district but we might as well be on a different planet.

There is no place for me in this Republican Party. That is clear to me. I could pretend to play along just to change them from within, but I don't really see that as appropriate in my case. I can, however, work my sphere of influence. And I will continue to do that. I am still talking to people about Dr. Paul and his positions on a REGULAR basis. I even handed a bunch of signs to a friend the other day to be, hopefully, displayed in front of a business. The more people know the positions the more likely they will be to recognize a good candidate when he/she comes along. That candidate may not even be a Republican by then.