PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Neveda delegates-Sue Lowden

pepperpete1
05-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Here is a letter from Sue Lowden to the Neveda delegates to the state convention:

Saturday, April 26, 2008
Letter to Nevada Delegates
702-258-9182

I would like to thank you and everyone who attended last weekend’s Republican State Convention in Reno. We had a record turnout and we are pleased that so many Nevada Republicans chose to participate.

Unfortunately, we had to recess the convention without completing all of our work. This was done due to a rule change that took place early in the morning – which caused the convention process to take far longer than expected. Over 200 individuals’ names were submitted to the Nominations Committee for consideration to be selected as delegates to the National Convention. Once voting was opened to the floor, another 187 names were submitted. Although some names may have been duplicates, our Nevada Republican Party By-Laws allow delegates the opportunity to speak on their own behalf. Therefore, the process would have lasted well into the evening and perhaps early into Sunday morning. In addition, individual ballots for those names would have to be printed. Therefore, it was evident a recess was in the best interest of the State Convention and its attendees. This was done primarily due to time restraints and the fact that our contract with the Peppermill for the convention hall had expired.

Aside from delegate selection, I am proud to say that we completed all other convention business. We passed rules, bylaws, credentials, and adopted a State Platform which we hope all Nevada Republicans can be proud of. However, delegates still need to be selected to the national convention and we look forward to doing so in the very near future.

Currently the Nevada Republican Party is working hard to find the best possible way to complete our convention business with the selection of delegates to the National Convention. We will work from within our existing By-Laws, which state that the remaining business must be conducted in Washoe County. It is our sincere hope that once we determine the best way to complete our business for the 2008 State Convention, we will have maximum participation and the process will have taken its course in a fair and respectable manner.

Rest assured that once we determine the process by which we can complete our business, all delegates will be notified directly. We would like to thank everyone for their patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Sue Lowden
Chairman

Does anyone have any newer updates?

Conza88
05-01-2008, 08:43 AM
http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/FR/smells_like_bullshit.jpg

speciallyblend
05-01-2008, 08:47 AM
it should be Called "The cover my ass letter,because we are making BS excuses"..

Bruno
05-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Oh, they can be assured of "Maximum participation", as she encourages.

Conza88
05-01-2008, 09:05 AM
http://www.absolutad.com/gallery/originals_bullshit1_ranndino.jpg

RPTXState
05-01-2008, 09:19 AM
We will work from within our existing By-Laws, which state that the remaining business must be conducted in Washoe County.

At least they read some of the rules and didn't try to pull a Vegas.

speciallyblend
05-01-2008, 09:39 AM
At least they read some of the rules and didn't try to pull a Vegas.

if they follow the rules, then reality will set in and we should only hope the media announces Ron Paul's Victory in the NEVADA STATE CONVENTION;)

rich34
05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
To the people that are either on the ground in NV or no a little about it, do you guys honestly think we can still pull this out and send a majority from NV to the national convention? I'm hoping like hell, but something is telling me not to get my hopes up.

MozoVote
05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
NEVER MIND that the entire reason the delegates came, was to vote.

NEVER MIND that most of the day had been wasted on party propaganda and fighting the rule change.

NEVER MIND that Paul supporters had brought printers that could make ballots on the fly.

NEVER MIND that the hotel was willing to keep the room open.

NEVER MIND that the party *did* have the following day reserved to handle overtime contingencies.

What an utterly pathetic ass-covering attempt. :mad:

speciallyblend
05-01-2008, 10:12 AM
To the people that are either on the ground in NV or no a little about it, do you guys honestly think we can still pull this out and send a majority from NV to the national convention? I'm hoping like hell, but something is telling me not to get my hopes up.

I'm in Colorado,from what i gathered . No one new can show to the convention,and im sure our people will show in FULL FORCE,so if rules are follwed then YES, in the next few weeks we should see headlines like this BREAKING NEWS ,SHOCKING VICTORY BY RON PAUL REPUBLICANS IN NEVADA CONVENTION. if they try anything? they will only energize us more;) they just broke open the Bee Hive;)

MozoVote
05-01-2008, 10:14 AM
If I was a Hunter or Romney delegate, I'd be seriously pissed at this party finangling, and would vote Ron Paul in pure spite. Let's hope to see that effect on full display on re-convention day!

pepperpete1
05-01-2008, 11:32 AM

NEVER MIND that most of the day had been wasted on party propaganda and fighting the rule change.

NEVER MIND that Paul supporters had brought printers that could make ballots on the fly.

NEVER MIND that the party *did* have the following day reserved to handle overtime contingencies.

These points would be good to have on hand for any media that does cover the convention .

It would be nice if these points were sent to all of the delegates also.:)

humanic
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM

These points would be good to have on hand for any media that does cover the convention .

It would be nice if these points were sent to all of the delegates also.:)

+1

Michael Landon
05-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Could this mean they are stalling so they can come up with a counter slate for McCain and win the remaining delegates?

- ML

wgadget
05-01-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm in Colorado,from what i gathered . No one new can show to the convention,and im sure our people will show in FULL FORCE,so if rules are follwed then YES, in the next few weeks we should see headlines like this BREAKING NEWS ,SHOCKING VICTORY BY RON PAUL REPUBLICANS IN NEVADA CONVENTION. if they try anything? they will only energize us more;) they just broke open the Bee Hive;)

Isn't that called "blowback?"

deadserious
05-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Could this mean they are stalling so they can come up with a counter slate for McCain and win the remaining delegates?

- ML

That is exactly what is happening.

ClockwiseSpark
05-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Here is a letter from Sue Lowden to the Neveda delegates to the state convention:

Saturday, April 26, 2008
Letter to Nevada Delegates
702-258-9182

I would like to thank you and everyone who attended last weekend’s Republican State Convention in Reno. We had a record turnout and we are pleased that so many Nevada Republicans chose to participate.

Unfortunately, we had to recess the convention without completing all of our work. This was done due to a rule change that took place early in the morning – which caused the convention process to take far longer than expected. Over 200 individuals’ names were submitted to the Nominations Committee for consideration to be selected as delegates to the National Convention. Once voting was opened to the floor, another 187 names were submitted. Although some names may have been duplicates, our Nevada Republican Party By-Laws allow delegates the opportunity to speak on their own behalf. Therefore, the process would have lasted well into the evening and perhaps early into Sunday morning. In addition, individual ballots for those names would have to be printed. Therefore, it was evident a recess was in the best interest of the State Convention and its attendees. This was done primarily due to time restraints and the fact that our contract with the Peppermill for the convention hall had expired.

Aside from delegate selection, I am proud to say that we completed all other convention business. We passed rules, bylaws, credentials, and adopted a State Platform which we hope all Nevada Republicans can be proud of. However, delegates still need to be selected to the national convention and we look forward to doing so in the very near future.

Currently the Nevada Republican Party is working hard to find the best possible way to complete our convention business with the selection of delegates to the National Convention. We will work from within our existing By-Laws, which state that the remaining business must be conducted in Washoe County. It is our sincere hope that once we determine the best way to complete our business for the 2008 State Convention, we will have maximum participation and the process will have taken its course in a fair and respectable manner.

Rest assured that once we determine the process by which we can complete our business, all delegates will be notified directly. We would like to thank everyone for their patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Sue Lowden
Chairman

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3261/picardflipoj5.jpg

crazyfacedjenkins
05-01-2008, 01:14 PM
When is the real revolution going to begin? You know the one I'm talking about. "...the bombs bursting in air..."

Knightskye
05-01-2008, 01:56 PM
http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/FR/smells_like_bullshit.jpg

:D

rich34
05-01-2008, 02:15 PM
That is exactly what is happening.

This is most likely the case, but there are some on the board that still feels like we'll come out on top when this thing is settled. I sure hope they are right. But I guess the important thing will be to watch and see how the establishment is going to counter this so we'll know how to prepare for the other state conventions. This is shaping up to be a huge game of chess, but the only problem is they are holding all the cards so to speak. :(

pepperpete1
05-01-2008, 10:02 PM
This is most likely the case, but there are some on the board that still feels like we'll come out on top when this thing is settled. I sure hope they are right. But I guess the important thing will be to watch and see how the establishment is going to counter this so we'll know how to prepare for the other state conventions. This is shaping up to be a huge game of chess, but the only problem is they are holding all the cards so to speak. :(

Any more updates??

Dustancostine
05-01-2008, 10:24 PM
If I was a Hunter or Romney delegate, I'd be seriously pissed at this party finangling, and would vote Ron Paul in pure spite. Let's hope to see that effect on full display on re-convention day!

OH but don't forget it is all the Ron Paul delegates fault that this is happening. If they would have just been arse kissers, then the McCain delegates would be on their way and we wouldn't have this problem. :rolleyes:

Dustancostine
05-01-2008, 10:26 PM

See they are CHEATERS, using cards in a chess game. :o