PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul endorsing a teenager for Mayor of Ann Arbor, Michigan?

qh4dotcom
05-01-2008, 07:40 AM
http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2008/04/libertarian_candidate_for_ann.html

Eric Plourde is a sophomore from The University of Michigan and a 2006 graduate of Lake Orion High School...so he must a a teenager or in his early 20s.

Bruno
05-01-2008, 07:47 AM
I think that is awesome. Three cheers for him and I wish him all the best!

kigol
05-01-2008, 08:08 AM
:cool:

hopeforamerica
05-01-2008, 08:54 AM
He wouldn't be the first young Mayor. Good for him, we need more youth in leadership roles.

The One
05-01-2008, 08:57 AM
http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2008/04/libertarian_candidate_for_ann.html

Eric Plourde is a sophomore from The University of Michigan and a 2006 graduate of Lake Orion High School...so he must a a teenager or in his early 20s.

.......or he was held back many, many times. You know what happens when you assume.:p:p:p

sirachman
05-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Id vote for em!

Jason726
05-01-2008, 09:06 AM
.......or he was held back many, many times. You know what happens when you assume.:p:p:p

That's why I have this Sig

|
V

Kludge
05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
A nearby town - Hillesdale - recently elected a VERY young mayor (beat out the highly experienced incumbent who hadn't done too terrible a job previously...) who was soon arrested on charges of possession with intent... Not terribly sure if we're over that story yet but, good luck to him nonetheless.

Edit: He updated his issues page since I last checked. He now states he simply wants to revamp the zoning laws to permit more residential zones - much less offensive ;)

Aratus
05-01-2008, 11:23 AM
cooooooool! an adroit alert intense teen gives the local politics as usual a needed jolt!

Rhys
05-01-2008, 02:57 PM
I live in Ann Arbor. In the 60's a bunch of UofM students ran for city council, won and made some very very popular changes. (like weed being a $25 ticket instead of a crime)

I offered to volounteer for this guys campaign and I hope he wins. I'm thinking of running for city council to be his ally. (I thought very seriously about congress, but figured I was nutz for thinking I could beat Dingel.)

qh4dotcom
05-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Bump

Jeremy
05-01-2008, 06:12 PM
The mayor of the city near me is like 24 or something.

qh4dotcom
05-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Bump

dude58677
05-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Why doesn't he run as a Republican? Didn't he learn this campaign strategy from Ron Paul?

Eric P
06-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Hey guys,

Just to clarify, I saw the post about how I want to increase "spending for affordable housing". Couldn't be further from the truth. What I want to do is to end the "zoning ordinances" that allow the city to basically control and manage what is built in the city and where. There are areas that NEED more housing to bring prices down, but the city won't allow the developers to build because some people complain that taller buildings are bad. I'll allow these buildings to be built in accordance with a free market and the demand of students for more affordable housing.

More housing in the main parts of the city = lower rent = affordable housing...

Hope that clarifies, thanks for the support,
Eric Plourde
Candidate for Ann Arbor Mayor
www.EPforAA.com

JRegs85
06-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Weed is now a $50 fine. Still a minor citation though.

SLSteven
06-10-2008, 09:33 AM
He wants to increase spending and lower taxes...

Sounds like he will go very far in politics!

Kludge
06-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey guys,

Just to clarify, I saw the post about how I want to increase "spending for affordable housing". Couldn't be further from the truth. What I want to do is to end the "zoning ordinances" that allow the city to basically control and manage what is built in the city and where. There are areas that NEED more housing to bring prices down, but the city won't allow the developers to build because some people complain that taller buildings are bad. I'll allow these buildings to be built in accordance with a free market and the demand of students for more affordable housing.

Eric Plourde
www.EPforAA.com (http://www.EPforAA.com)

Ahhh... Okay, that sounds much more reasonable. Affordable Housing has been bastardized in our area. Price ceilings on rent is where I was going with that, not expenditure increases.

yongrel
06-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey guys,

Eric Plourde
www.EPforAA.com

Excellent answer. Good luck.

SLSteven
06-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey guys,

also = less gas consumption potentially

mczerone
06-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Hey guys,

Eric Plourde
www.EPforAA.com

For anyone who's visited Ann Arbor, or U of M in particular, this would pave to way for major development on South University. Where currently, for some reason, a 19 story tower is allowed on one corner, but nothing else can be over 3 floors.

The de-zoning would bring new and more affordable office/retail/restaurant space in addition to much needed improvements in private housing options in the area.

And all the risk will be on private industry.

This is a move that helps the local area's economy stay afloat, and encourages continual development, and improves living conditions.