PDA

View Full Version : Come on Media give up already the dollar wont rebound

Give me liberty
05-01-2008, 04:03 AM
http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2008/05/01/afx4956680.html

Forex - U.S. dollar rebounds higher as market digests Fed rate decision

The usa dollar wont rebound higher, this what we call a short term break:rolleyes:

The dollar is Just like the markets it goes up and it goes down again.

But it wont go any higher, eventually the dollar will crash and burn, man i am getting sick of these pro FED and Pro Big government stories.

libertythor
05-01-2008, 05:32 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601086&sid=azMM0H6RbqHs&refer=latin_america

The Dollar has started slipping against the Peso!

Cowlesy
05-01-2008, 05:34 AM
We want the dollar to rebound so we can buy foreign currencies on the cheap before it tanks once again :)

libertythor
05-01-2008, 05:42 AM
The Peso can be a good investment (oil and better fiscal management), but I would only put a small fraction into it. With rising oil prices, Mexico's situation should be good for the short term. However, a higher Peso could mean less Mexican products sold in the US economy, and the US is Mexico's largest trading partner, so BANXICO (Mexican Federal Reserve) may try to keep some sort of parity.

Also mismanagement of PEMEX, the government oil monopoly, has hampered its ability to exploit the vast untapped oil reserves it has to replace declining production. (long term problem)

In other words it should be fairly safe to include some pesos in your portfolio, but no bonanza is guaranteed. Short term appreciation...or at least stability with the dollar is almost certain. Rising oil prices should help offset damage done from a US recession.

Long Term: It depends on how some of the serious reforms being formulated in the Mexican Congress turn out.

Real_CaGeD
05-01-2008, 05:55 AM
The MSM is just another alphabet agency.

wgadget
05-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Right now I'm listening to Bill Bennett's show, and it's sickening to hear the neocons running around flailing their arms wanting to blame the Democrats for the high prices of gas and food. I believe they are trying to distract the conversation from truth (as usual) and refuse to address the real causes of our economic troubles.

They won't give Ron Paul the time of day. He is non-existent.

Thank God Ron's book is at the top of most book lists!

Spread the Revolution, by radio, by internet, and now by book. Thanks, Ron!

TastyWheat
05-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Yeah, it's just like everytime the stock goes up it's big news despite the fact the losses always outweigh the gains.

wgadget
05-01-2008, 06:26 AM
Either they think we're stupid, or they're stupider than we thought.