PDA

View Full Version : What should I buy to get free shipping for RP's new book?

rp4prez
04-30-2008, 08:50 PM
I REALLY want to buy RP's new book but I refuse to pay the expensive shipping rates on Amazon!! :mad:

Therefore, I need some ideas as to what to buy with the book in order to get the free shipping. My order has to be $25 to qualify.

Couple of things before you suggest stuff please. I'm only buying one copy of his book. I'm also not going to buy any other books because I usually get my books at a half price book store in town.

Thanks!

crazyfingers
04-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Here is my order from earlier this evening:

Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $25.12
Shipping & Handling: $4.98
Super Saver Discount -$4.98
------
Total for this Order: $25.12

Shipping estimate for these items: May 6, 2008

1 "The Revolution: A Manifesto"
Ron Paul; Hardcover; $11.55

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

1 "A Foreign Policy of Freedom: Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship"
Ron Paul; Paperback; $13.57

edit: Oh sorry I didn't see you didn't want any other books. Not sure then...quite a bit qualifies.

ItsTime
04-30-2008, 08:55 PM
three revolution books, one to read, one to get signed, one to give to a friend

Paulitical Correctness
04-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Narrow it down, yo.

You feelin' some new music? A movie? Kitchen utensils? Chewing gum?

ultimaonliner
04-30-2008, 09:51 PM
I REALLY want to buy RP's new book but I refuse to pay the expensive shipping rates on Amazon!! :mad:

Therefore, I need some ideas as to what to buy with the book in order to get the free shipping. My order has to be $25 to qualify.

Couple of things before you suggest stuff please. I'm only buying one copy of his book. I'm also not going to buy any other books because I usually get my books at a half price book store in town.

Thanks!

Pay for Amazon Prime or do the free trial. It's an awesome program since I buy a ton of things from Amazon. You pay a flat fee, I think about $79 annually(?) and will get many items from Amazon with 2-day shipping without extra cost and $4 per item if you want it overnighted.

RSLudlum
04-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Ha,,,I just had to make the same decision. I got a new pair of cheap earbuds for my work mp3 player, that pushed me over the $25 mark by 5 dollars.

Kludge
04-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Get a nice nylon Gadsden flag... (http://www.amazon.com/Gadsden-Flag-Nylon-ft-5/dp/B0006HD7V6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1209614206&sr=8-4)

LibertyEagle
04-30-2008, 10:06 PM
A Nation of Sheep by Andrew Napolitano
The Making of America: The Substance and Meaning of the Constitution by W. Cleon Skousen
Lincoln Unmasked: What You're Not Supposed to Know About Dishonest Abe by Thomas DiLorenzo

Or one or two of the books that Dr. Paul recommended earlier:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/reading-list3.html

Paulitical Correctness
04-30-2008, 10:10 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41M7H4lossL._SS500_.jpg

hopeforamerica
04-30-2008, 11:58 PM
A Nation of Sheep by Andrew Napolitano

That is what I did to get free shipping.

Mckarnin
05-01-2008, 12:03 AM

Thanks!

Ok, these are $25 on their own but a good natural energy boost for those long sign waves... http://www.amazon.com/LaraBar-Jocalat-Chocolate-1-7-Ounce-Bars/dp/B000JZYM8C/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1209621730&sr=8-2

:D

Unspun
05-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Ain't My America : The Long, Noble History of Antiwar Conservatism and Middle-American Anti-Imperialism by Bill Kauffman

0zzy
05-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Ain't My America : The Long, Noble History of Antiwar Conservatism and Middle-American Anti-Imperialism by Bill Kauffman

I have that, haven't dove into it yet. But Ron Paul has a testimonial on the back, so that's cool. Plus, the author seems to be an Mises libertarian/Old Right conservative after reading the preface..

skyorbit
05-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Foreign Policy of Freedom

Tracy

RedLightning
05-01-2008, 12:35 AM

I'm putting that on my wishlist.

Razmear
05-01-2008, 01:25 AM
My direct deposit just hit and I got my copy on the way. :D

I couldn't justify buying $14 of more stuff just to save $3.99.
I was thinking about buying the Audio Book too, which would qualify, but I'd want to hear a sample first.

eb

0zzy
05-01-2008, 01:46 AM
My direct deposit just hit and I got my copy on the way. :D

I couldn't justify buying $14 of more stuff just to save $3.99.
I was thinking about buying the Audio Book too, which would qualify, but I'd want to hear a sample first.

eb

I don't like it. sounds robotic and boring.

brunner
05-01-2008, 01:47 AM
Get a nice nylon Gadsden flag... (http://www.amazon.com/Gadsden-Flag-Nylon-ft-5/dp/B0006HD7V6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1209614206&sr=8-4)

Hey! Watch out, you might be a terrorist (http://www.chrisbrunner.com/2007/05/09/libertarians-are-terrorists-says-the-state-of-alabama/)!

(The Alabama Department of Homeland Security page about identifying domestic terrorists had a large Gadsden Flag at the top as an example of what to look for.)

And I agree about the audio version. The publisher should have asked Dr. Paul to read it.

robert4rp08
05-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Here's what I have saved in my shopping cart for eventual purchase:

Ain't My America: The Long, Noble History of Antiwar Conservatism and Middle-American Anti-Imperialism - Bill Kauffman; Hardcover

The Betrayal of the American Right - Murray N. Rothbard; Hardcover

Crash Proof: How to Profit From the Coming Economic Collapse (Lynn Sonberg Books) - Peter D. Schiff; Hardcover

Animal Farm and 1984 - George Orwell; Hardcover

Brave New World (P.S.) - Aldous Huxley; Paperback

Marching Toward Hell: America and Islam After Iraq - Michael Scheuer; Hardcover

Miracle on Main Street: Saving Yourself and America from Financial Ruin - F. Tupper Saussy; Paperback

The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve - G. Edward Griffin; Paperback

The Road to Serfdom (Routledge Classics S.) - F.A. Hayek; Paperback

The Republic (Penguin Classics) - Plato; Paperback

Also, Blow Back by Chalmers Johnson (or his other books; nemesis, sorrow of empire), Napolitano's books, Robert Pape (haven't read it yet, but Paul references it), Naomi Wolf's End of America (even though she endorsed Obama, her book is worth the read; I guess she didn't fully get it :( ), Ayn Rand...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just finished reading Goldwater's "Conscience of a Conservative" Pretty good, short read.

Truth Warrior
05-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Bottom line, a $25 order, triggers the free shipping option choice, at check out. :) Takes some more time to deliver, sometimes, but saves money on shipping. Kinda tough to beat 0, unless Amazon pays you. :D

brandon
05-01-2008, 06:27 AM
Sometimes reading fiction can be fun too!

There is a new collection of stories by Kurt Vonnegut that just got released. You might want to pick that up. Also, this guy Augusten Burroughs just released a new book. His other books were really good, so I bet this one will be too.

LittleLightShining
05-01-2008, 06:35 AM
I put one in my cart and then fell into the same dilemma. I just got my tax return and was planning to buy freeze-dried vegetables, so I thought maybe I should see what Amazon had. No great deals. Then I thought, "Hey! I garden!" So I started looking at dehydrators and ended up picking out a 9-tray Excalibur. I am so excited to get this. But then THAT didn't qualify so I threw in one more book to give away. For some reason I still needed to spend $2 more so I decided to replace my temperamental 20 yo coffee grinder.

So I went a little overboard spending money, but I guess I've done my patriotic duty and helped the economy :rolleyes:

Paulitical Correctness
05-01-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm also not going to buy any other books because I usually get my books at a half price book store in town.

You folks sho' don't foller instructions too well. :eek:

sluggo
05-01-2008, 08:00 AM
The Freedom Outlaw's Handbook by Claire Wolfe

Truth Warrior
05-01-2008, 08:02 AM
You folks sho' don't foller instructions too well. :eek:
Freedom does tend to do that to people, doesn't it? :D

Conza88
05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Freedom does tend to do that to people, doesn't it? :D

Lulz.. yea fk it, :) I'm going to suggest books. BECAUSE THEY SHIT ON EVERYTHING ELSE...

Now, when you purchase the things I suggest below - you're not purchasing some paper with ink on it. You're buying ideas. You're buying knowledge. And that shit is priceless.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
How I Found Freedom In An Unfree World by Harry Browne
The Law by Frédéric Bastiat
1984 by George Orwell
The Art of War by Sun Tzu
The Creature From Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve by G. Edward Griffin
Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt
What Has Government Done to Our Money? - Murray Rothbard
The Republic - Plato
Ethics - Aristotle

Majority of these can be read for free online. Links in the sig.

Dequeant
05-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Benazir Bhutto's Islam, Democracy, and The West
The Revolution: A Manifesto
A Foreign Policy of Freedom

$50 well spent

raystone
05-01-2008, 09:45 AM
The Elephant in the Room: Evangelicals, Libertarians and the Battle to Control the Republican Party by Ryan Sager

Shotdown1027
05-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Im not sure why so many peopleare buying The Republic and Niomachean Ethics by Plato and Aristotle--they probably arent what you're expecting.

Conza88
05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Im not sure why so many peopleare buying The Republic and Niomachean Ethics by Plato and Aristotle--they probably arent what you're expecting.

hmmm, well Plato's - Republic is a classic imo. I read it for that reason, this is way before i woke up.. it sent me in the right direction, i had no clear understanding of my political philosophy i just new the current world was shit, and there HAD to be a better way. It was great, and i will have to re-read it.

Arisotles ethics, turned me on the cause and search for truth. Kind of like an ultimate goal, touches on happiness etc. bleh, i really need to re-read that aswell..

I think i like them most, cus they were the first things that shook me up..

You know when you get a new idea, or something "clicks" - there is actually a process, a different brain wave materializes. There is a spark, and it jumps between synapses. Anyway, I had a lot of those in that book. Alot of "of course!!".

ultimaonliner
05-01-2008, 11:55 PM

!

If you've never heard of Leatherman multi-tools, you're in for a real treat. They make a multi-tool that is about 2 inches long and fits on a keychain:

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-80040003K-Squirt-Glacier-Multitool/dp/B0007UQ1CY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1209707519&sr=8-3

They make a version that has scissors instead of pliers, and once you put this on your keychain, you'll wonder how you got through life without one of these.

Swiss Army Knives (by Victorinox) are also good, but for the 2 inch form factor, the Leatherman offers a lot more in the small package.

Leatherman also makes a cheaper, more rugged scissors version:

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-64010103K-Micra-Multitool/dp/B0007UQ1B0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1209707723&sr=8-1

Conza88
05-02-2008, 12:18 AM
If you've never heard of Leatherman multi-tools, you're in for a real treat. They make a multi-tool that is about 2 inches long and fits on a keychain:

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-80040003K-Squirt-Glacier-Multitool/dp/B0007UQ1CY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1209707519&sr=8-3

They make a version that has scissors instead of pliers, and once you put this on your keychain, you'll wonder how you got through life without one of these.

Swiss Army Knives (by Victorinox) are also good, but for the 2 inch form factor, the Leatherman offers a lot more in the small package.

Leatherman also makes a cheaper, more rugged scissors version:

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-64010103K-Micra-Multitool/dp/B0007UQ1B0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1209707723&sr=8-1

Yea very good point.. Survival stuff!
I have a leatherman.. quality stuff.