PDA

View Full Version : Re-do the High Tide promo as an ad for the Manifesto

phrizek
04-30-2008, 07:33 PM
The High Tide Promo is absolutely fantastic, but as a tool for the presidential campaign, it was unfortunately a little too late to the party. It would be a shame to let such a stellar piece of art go to waste, so I got to thinking about how it might be put to some good use. If the ending of the video could be changed to promote Dr. Paul's new book instead of his presidential campaign, it might become a useful tool for selling it to people who usually wouldn't think about picking up a book. The grassroots can even run the ad themselves locally to advertise for the book. Needless to say, it would be the most spectacular book ad ever.

What do you all think of this idea? What do the people who made the ad think of it?

NOTE: By re-doing the video, I don't mean changing any of the computer graphics or whatnot, as that would be way to time consuming. All I am proposing is that the screen at the end (which says "Ron Paul 2008") be changed to a new one which shows the cover of the book and some text (maybe with a voice-over as well) along the lines of "Available wherever books are sold."

DrYongrel
04-30-2008, 07:35 PM
I like the way you think.

FreeTraveler
04-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Op > +1

phrizek
04-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Does anybody know who the authors of the ad are, and can contact them regarding this thread?

TruthAtLast
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
you can contact AdamT

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=132030

OptionsTrader
04-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Great idea.

But, keep in mind that if you are talking a re-modeling, animation, post processing, and compositing, it would take them months to make a new ad.

TruthAtLast
04-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Great idea.

But, keep in mind that if you are talking a re-modeling, animation, post processing, and compositing, it would take them months to make a new ad.

i think the are just talking about the last screen. Everything else fits with the theme of the book. The animation never said "vote for me" or really anything relating to the campaign. But the last frame could be changed to promote the book fairly easily.

OptionsTrader
04-30-2008, 08:11 PM
i think the are just talking about the last screen. Everything else fits with the theme of the book. The animation never said "vote for me" or really anything relating to the campaign. But the last frame could be changed to promote the book fairly easily.

If that's the case, I will donate for that...

phrizek
04-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Great idea.

No, not re-doing any of the animation. The entire thing is perfect. All I'm talking about is re-branding the end of the video (the white screen that says "Ron Paul 2008") to promote the book instead of the campaign. Could be done relatively easy in any video editing program.

TruthAtLast
04-30-2008, 09:03 PM
No, not re-doing any of the animation. The entire thing is perfect. All I'm talking about is re-branding the end of the video (the white screen that says "Ron Paul 2008") to promote the book instead of the campaign. Could be done relatively easy in any video editing program.

i just said that. lol

phrizek
04-30-2008, 09:12 PM
i just said that. lol

Whoops :D

Fields
04-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I like this idea.

AdamT
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
The end title could be changed fairly easily. What would the on screen text say?

There's one issue, in that people have donated about $2400 to run the ad as it was. I'm not sure I'd feel right changing it?

ronpaulhawaii
04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
The end title could be changed fairly easily. What would the on screen text say?

There's one issue, in that people have donated about $2400 to run the ad as it was. I'm not sure I'd feel right changing it?

I think what they are talking about is a seperate ad and chip-in structure.

And anyone donating, please add to the running total of the $20.08 thread in my sig, thanks

wgadget
04-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Yes, EXCELLENT idea!

AdamT
04-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Just had an idea. When we do the ad buy, I could give them 2 versions and they could put them into rotation.

MikeSmith
04-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Just had an idea. When we do the ad buy, I could give them 2 versions and they could put them into rotation.

I think they mean that they will chip-in for a national ad or something. There's no need to do it for Idaho. The purpose of an ad in Idaho, South Dakota, Oregon, or any of the remaining primaries will be to get people to vote for Paul in that state's primary.

Knightskye
04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9126/rprmgz2.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Kind of ugly, but what do you think? :D

asheville4paul
04-30-2008, 10:03 PM
I love this idea!

AdamT
05-01-2008, 08:46 AM
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9126/rprmgz2.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Kind of ugly, but what do you think? :D

Yeah something like that, we could put the book art on a 3D model and turn is slowly or something. Is it legal to use the Amazon logo without permission?

Bruno
05-01-2008, 08:52 AM
I'll chip-in!

kigol
05-01-2008, 09:00 AM
awesome :D

TruthAtLast
05-01-2008, 09:02 AM
what do people feel about fading in the text.

"#1 on Amazon"

"New York Times Best Seller"

gives it some cred right? like how movies show their endorsements at the end.

Bruno
05-01-2008, 09:20 AM

"#1 on Amazon"

Yes, it would

phrizek
05-01-2008, 10:29 AM

"#1 on Amazon"

Good idea.

flames2dust77
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM

"#1 on Amazon"

+1

Anything that's on the New York Times best seller list gets more ppl to go out and buy even if they have no idea what the book is about. Well, I've done that before. Maybe I'm part of some strange minority. So, yeah...mos def some credibility.

Hmmm, now if we could get that heifer Oprah to "book club" it...we'd be set.:p

OP...outstanding idea, btw. Ppl around here lately have their thinking caps on...I love it:D