PDA

View Full Version : Ah Yes, the negative reviews have begun...

rajibo
04-30-2008, 06:41 PM
...from those who have obviously not read the book nor understand the philosphy.

1 of 48 people found the following review helpful:
Well, that was stupid., April 30, 2008
By Pierre Le Jayhoque "hot-blooded latino" (Lawrence, KS) - See all my reviews

Ron Paul brings his unhinged brand of idiocy to print, and his small but vocal minority eats it up.

His policy stances are straight out of Schizophrenia Monthly and his grasp of economics is tenuous at best.

Avoid at all costs. :confused:

rockandrollsouls
04-30-2008, 06:44 PM
the negative reviews are made by morons who have no clue what they are talking about. One suggested "The conscience of a liberal"....ugh. Tell's you something, doesn't it? I guess the people that believe in a single payer system have never lived under one.....

Rhys
04-30-2008, 06:54 PM
I think it may be to the point that bad press is good. kranks are THIS close to being people who don't agree with Dr. Paul

rajibo
04-30-2008, 06:54 PM
That negative review from amazon I just posted above 10 minutes ago is now gone. That's weird.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-30-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm going to say this one more time. Ok... wait, I'll probably say it another 10,000 times...

YOUR GOVERNMENT SPENDS AT LEAST MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TRYING TO INFLUENCE YOU EVERY YEAR.

I'm no saint. The truth is... I watch TV for a few minutes, and I start looking for the nearest Burger King. I'm not kidding.

So, someone might think these guys spend millions or billions per year to influence you, but they aren't smart enough to hire thousands of people to surf the web and make comments?

Of course, there are people who feel that way for all sorts of reasons. That commenter may have legit personal reasons for that review. They may believe, just as we do, that they're trying to help. They might just be trollish... getting off on responses.

But seriously, I wish people in general would realize that the time of the internet being a conversation among people has ended. It's becoming a manipulation tool lately, because people are off guard for disinfo.

ehhh... nevermind. I was happy when I found the internet back in the day because it was real people talking. Now it's the internet where the men are men, the women are men, and the boys are FBI agents. Something like that, anyway.

hawks4ronpaul
04-30-2008, 06:58 PM
...from those who have obviously not read the book nor understand the philosphy.

:confused:

The key to understanding the vacuity of that review is to note that it could apply to any book if you changed the name from "Ron Paul" to McCain, Clinton, Obama, etc.

In fact, it would be funny to find the same review on all the other candidates' pages.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Xenophage
04-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Happens to everything I like that happens to sell well...

lots of bad press!

Why do I always have to be so apparently uncool? :(

MikeSmith
04-30-2008, 07:03 PM
That negative review from amazon I just posted above 10 minutes ago is now gone. That's weird.

Yeah, I saw it too. A company editing something in our favor for once? Maybe people complained, and Amazon realized he didn't actually purchase the book or something.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-30-2008, 07:03 PM
the negative reviews are made by morons who have no clue what they are talking about.

That would be a convenient conclusion. People act dumb when they aren't. We have an out of control government that uses large media to influence us. Think those guys don't have internet connections? Think they don't have the best sysadmins for proxy procurement. They do, absolutely. In fact, the only reason they leave tracks on places like wikipedia is because they have stupid emplyees. The real people... trying to do the real influence, don't get caught like that.

fletcher
04-30-2008, 07:26 PM

If it is obvious that the person did not read the book just click on 'Report This' and rate it unhelpful. If enough people do amazon will remove it. That isn't the first bad review for Ron's book that I have seen removed.

Bruno
04-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Silly question - Do you have to have purchased a book to write a review on it through Amazon? I'm sure the idiot who wrote that review didn't read it.

rockandrollsouls
04-30-2008, 07:37 PM
That would be a convenient conclusion. People act dumb when they aren't. We have an out of control government that uses large media to influence us. Think those guys don't have internet connections? Think they don't have the best sysadmins for proxy procurement. They do, absolutely. In fact, the only reason they leave tracks on places like wikipedia is because they have stupid emplyees. The real people... trying to do the real influence, don't get caught like that.

No, this one was stupid. He suggested "The Conscience of a Liberal" for medical care and believed we "needed to fight terrorism" sounds pretty moronic to me :D

Conza88
04-30-2008, 08:33 PM
the negative reviews are made by morons who have no clue what they are talking about. One suggested "The conscience of a liberal"....ugh. Tell's you something, doesn't it? I guess the people that believe in a single payer system have never lived under one.....

Check comments on that, I lambusted his argument.

Also I think for the OP's comment.. if it gets like.... 50 no's... or some ratio, it gets removed.. cus its shit review?? like ppl post spam etc?

I dunno.. just vote down the BS reviews