PDA

View Full Version : "How to Win Friends and Influence People" sold 15mil. we MUST beat that

Rhys
04-30-2008, 04:50 PM
This book MUST sell more than "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

I don't know why, but I feel it must. lol

List of Best Selling Books in History
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books#single-volume_book.28s.29_claimed_to_have_sold_at_least_1 _billion_copies

Only the Bible has sold more than a billion. I say we top that too. :D

yongrel
04-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Only the Bible has sold more than a billion. I say we top that too. :D

"Quotations from Mao Ze Dong" has possibly outsold the Bible, actually. :p

Redmenace
04-30-2008, 04:54 PM

Maybe we should start smuggling the book into China.

Rhys
04-30-2008, 04:56 PM

capitolistic commies

Theocrat
04-30-2008, 04:58 PM

You wish.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-30-2008, 04:58 PM
There's no question the Bible is the best selling book in history, and that's not changing anytime soon, but check your figures on Dale's book, I think it has sold more than 15million. Is that just in America perhaps?

TruthAtLast
04-30-2008, 05:01 PM
we need over 10 million just to make the list. That seems realistic. does anyone know how many have been sold on Amazon so far?

yongrel
04-30-2008, 05:05 PM
You wish.

http://books.google.com/books?id=uGZIziWmlmsC&pg=PA186&dq=Quotations+from+Chairman+Mao+%226.5+billion%22&as_brr=3&hl=ja&sig=8-PRBeIQMPYUjfDMkXACYtA4yhI

In the ten year period between 1966 and 1976, 6.5 billion copies of "Quotations from Mao Ze Dong" were printed. An additional 3.36 billion volumes of "Mao Ze Dong's works" were printed in that same time period. 400 million volumes of "Mao's Poems" were also published.

And that was 30 years ago. Think of how many have been published since.

Theocrat
04-30-2008, 05:11 PM
http://books.google.com/books?id=uGZIziWmlmsC&pg=PA186&dq=Quotations+from+Chairman+Mao+%226.5+billion%22&as_brr=3&hl=ja&sig=8-PRBeIQMPYUjfDMkXACYtA4yhI

In the ten year period between 1966 and 1976, 6.5 billion copies of "Quotations from Mao Ze Dong" were printed. An additional 3.36 billion volumes of "Mao Ze Dong's works" were printed in that same time period. 400 million volumes of "Mao's Poems" were also published.

And that was 30 years ago. Think of how many have been published since.

Thirty years? Dude, the Bible has been published for centuries in multiple languages all around the world to billions of people starting relatively at the beginning of history! What the hell does a measly 10.26 billion copies of Quotations from Mao Ze Dong have on the greatest book of all time?! Nothing.

yongrel
04-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Thirty years? Dude, the Bible has been published for centuries in multiple languages all around the world to billions of people starting relatively at the beginning of history! What the hell does a measly 10.26 billion copies of Quotations from Mao Ze Dong have on the greatest book of all time?! Nothing.

Give me actual numbers, maybe?

And if we're gonna nominate books for the greatest of all time, I have to name "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman.

homah
04-30-2008, 05:17 PM
we need over 10 million just to make the list. That seems realistic. does anyone know how many have been sold on Amazon so far?

Based on what I've read, the top selling book on Amazon sells between 3000 and 10,000 copies a day. I'm not sure how to determine with any certainly the total number of copies that have been sold.

Rhys
04-30-2008, 05:24 PM
9 out of 10 people who ever lived are alive today. The bible's age doesn't help it's sales much if you think of it that way.

TruthAtLast
04-30-2008, 06:39 PM
9 out of 10 people who ever lived are alive today. The bible's age doesn't help it's sales much if you think of it that way.

Can we just think of this as the Freedom Bible? Maybe that will help people wrap their heads around it. :D

rmholla
05-01-2008, 12:43 AM
If you consider that for most of history the average human either could not read the Bible due to being illiterate or wasn't of the right class to be allowed to read it, I do not believe the Bible is the best selling book of all time.

It may be the most given away book of all time but it never cracks Amazon's top 100.

And even though most homes and hotel rooms have a copy people still do not read it. Ask people how many animals of each kind Noah took with him and just about everyone is going to say "2" but Gen 7 2&3 states otherwise.

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" is a very good book, which is the reason it has been a best seller for so long.

All Ron Paul supporters should also read "All Politics is Local" by Tip O'Neill.

-