PDA

View Full Version : We haven't even won yet and the spin has started:

Jennifer Reynolds
08-22-2007, 03:09 AM
///

noxagol
08-22-2007, 03:17 AM
LOL, an event that isn't fringe if one of the "front runners" win, but if Ron Paul wins, it is fringe.

stevedasbach
08-22-2007, 04:39 AM
In the same article (talking about the expected turnout):

" Now, they will be lucky to get a couple thousand."

Keith
08-22-2007, 04:51 AM
After Ron Paul wins in Texas the old press there will probably write things about him like they are doing here in Alabama now.
http://stevensonblog.tuscaloosanews.com/default.asp?item=667026

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-22-2007, 06:41 AM
We need to lower expectations. If you're chatting on forums, etc., make it sound like we'd like to get 3rd place. Brownback "lost" in Iowa because he was publicly aiming for 2nd place and came in 3rd. Politics is nothing more than an expectations game.

Chester Copperpot
08-22-2007, 06:58 AM
We need to lower expectations. If you're chatting on forums, etc., make it sound like we'd like to get 3rd place. Brownback "lost" in Iowa because he was publicly aiming for 2nd place and came in 3rd. Politics is nothing more than an expectations game.

Exactly... and since the Texas Straw poll isnt open to the general public.. that means we've got to convince perhaps some neo-con delegates to vote for ron paul....

But its still enough of a threat that no top tiers want to come into the state to challenge

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-22-2007, 07:10 AM
A Ron Paul victory in the Texas Straw Poll would mean these things:

1. Support for the so called "top tier" is very weak, and the "mainstream" Texas delegates don't want to waste their time and money on voting for someone they don't really care about, while the 10-15% of delegates who love Ron Paul will show up in numbers, giving Paul the win.

OR

2. Ron Paul actually DOES have the support of the "mainstream" Republican party.

Either way, the leadership of the GOP EVERYWHERE has no clue about the weakness of the "top-tier", the malaise of the party faithful, and the REVOLUTION brewing inside their party.

The fact the GOP "insiders" seem to be so clueless, seems to me at least, they are already blowing off 2008 as a loss, and trying to regroup for the 2010 Congressional elections after the Democrats completely screw the country. So, what this means, it is time for a Ron Paul takeover of the GOP!

Roxi
08-22-2007, 07:44 AM
if he doesn't win they are going to spin the "no support in his own state" story, if he does win it won't be widely televised

also we need to remember that when we refer to MSM coverage it should be the news that non internet people see.... these blogs in online versions of papers should not be a big deal... they are the opinion of one person writing a blog online, just because its in that publication online doesnt mean it is printed in the paper or shown on the local news... we make a big deal out of it and THEN people are going to notice it... most people (gen. pop) who aren't on the internet all the time have never even read a weblog

Bossobass
08-22-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm starting to like that term...

'The Fringe Majority'

Bosso

bc2208
08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm pulling for a fringe victory.

tmg19103
08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
With the actual Texas primary so late in the season, I don't see this straw poll as a major concern - though we should do everything to win it or place well.

It is purposefully stacked against RP with only past delegates being able to vote. The good news is they don't expect much of a turnout, which works in RP's favor. Heck, if I was not for RP and lived in Texas, I'd be out dove hunting as opposed to voting for the other bozos.

Don't expect much if any positive MSM press if RP does well, but we can sell it on the internet.

As for the "fringe" candidate statement - I like it. I think it gets people interested so they look up RP. Soon enough, say with a 2nd in the Iowa caucus and a win in N.H., the MSM will not longer be able to say "fringe", though I'm sure they will still use terms like controversial or even radical. Damn, I can't STAND the MSM.

Johnnybags
08-22-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm pulling for a fringe victory.

at it anyway, the only one who would get support is Fred T. Texans do not want a NY mayor,Romney liberal or an amnesty McCain. Notice how they avoid hostile crowds yet Ron goes everywhere, I say good luck to Huckabee going, he will raise his profile. Huckabee is in better shape than McCain and closing on Romney who must pile his own cash in now. Pretty amazing Republicans set these things up, the candidates do not show up with people and thet claim it means nothing. All I know for sure is Rons voters turn out and that is what voting is? No? Or is that spamming?

bc2208
08-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Just curious about Romney - how much did bush and kerry spend? Like 100 mil each? Who the hell is gonna donate to this rich goon. He must be prepared to spend half his net worth on this.

Insane.