PDA

View Full Version : Breakthematrix.com

Jason726
04-30-2008, 11:27 AM
What do you guys think of it? Are you going to use the site?

Personally, I'll use it just because I want a liberty-minded media company to become popular. I just wonder how it will appeal to "normal" folk.

EDIT: www.breakthematrix.com

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 11:35 AM
I signed up, It's free and trevor is doing his best;)

Rhys
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
it's branded terribly. It doesn't look at all like something which is breaking the matrix. What's more, breaking the matrix sounds like something geeks do, and has no mass media appeal. the content may or may not get better as they grow but right now, it's just blogs and youtube?

anyway, it wont reach the masses, just a niche. That's fine, but they over sell their brand concept, considering their market. Last, they're really not selling the brand because there isn't a brand, just a name which should go with a brand.

it's all real armature, which is cool cause I don't know if I can do better and I'm not trying.

I'm not signed up for it because I don't like it and I don't like the gimmicky nature which Trevor's projects have. Gimmicks are fun for a while, then wear out. That's their problem.

So, all in all, it's just another website. Nothing too news worthy, which is lame because they want to replace what is seen as newsworth.

Time will tell.

rayzer
04-30-2008, 12:58 PM
We wish them the best of luck at BreakTheMatrix. But don't forget about RevolutionBroadcasting.com (http://www.RevolutionBroadcasting.com) who are live and broadcasting now. Yes, they are still working out bugs, but we would love to have your support and we aren't asking for $5M to do it!

I wish Trevor and Rick Williams the best of luck. I seriously hope they affect positive change with their project. Does everyone realize that just by RAISING $5M, they become rich before they even prove their concept?

I am a capitalist pig just like a lot of us, but seriously. I like the grassroots approach better than the corporate top-down approach anyday!

robert4rp08
04-30-2008, 01:35 PM
I still don't get it. There's no content... just links to webpages, etc. If that's breaking the matrix, then that was accomplished long ago by ronpaulforums, digg, youtube, and thousands of blogs. What am I missing?

Mckarnin
04-30-2008, 01:46 PM
I still don't get it. There's no content... just links to webpages, etc. If that's breaking the matrix, then that was accomplished long ago by ronpaulforums, digg, youtube, and thousands of blogs. What am I missing?

I think that they realized that a $5 million stock offering is unrealistic at this point and decided to start doing something now. I do not think they have collected money from anyone. They probably looked around and saw the success of live Justin.tv broadcasts, FreeMediaNetworks.com (a freedom movement webtv station), etc...and decided that webtv is something they can start doing now and then if they have really good content they can grow Break the Matrix into the mainstream broadcast market. I don't have any ongoing communication with anyone at Break the Matrix. That is just my guess based on experience with other initiatives I have been a part of and the organization I am currently working to start.

Sometimes big projects have to be temporarily scaled back in the face of reality. :)

dsentell
04-30-2008, 01:49 PM
I've signed up.

A lot of "normal" folks won't get it, but a lot of us do.

It may not be the perfect site right now, but the ideals and goals are good. I will support it.

ams5995
04-30-2008, 02:13 PM
everyone should check out therealnews.com it is what we should be doing.

Rhys
04-30-2008, 02:16 PM

yep. thanks for the link. You're right.

Gin
04-30-2008, 03:37 PM
I thought it was for us like minded folks to hang out...another social site because all the meetups are winding down...or at least that was my understanding... I signed up, but really don't get it... I only go there when I get an email/friend request

Dorfsmith
04-30-2008, 03:39 PM
I like it...but then again, I like anything that promotes liberty :)

robert4rp08
04-30-2008, 04:11 PM

Great site. Thanks!

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 04:14 PM
I thought it was for us like minded folks to hang out...another social site because all the meetups are winding down...or at least that was my understanding... I signed up, but really don't get it... I only go there when I get an email/friend request

then it would be more useful for the revolution