PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by Network

JTM
04-30-2008, 11:19 AM
I made a "mad rant." Please feel free to make your own... preferably one that is better than mine.

For reference:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8513763692488955727&q=network&ei=ZAgYSMjqAoGqrQKO4Yj6Bw

Housing crisis! War in Iraq! War in Afghanistan! War in Iran! 200 dollar oil, 5 dollar gas, rice shortages, eggs - doubling in price, predatory student loans, the Patriot Act, the list goes on forever. No need for warrants, no need for permission, who we can hire, who we can fire, what identification I need to be carrying around with me, where I can exercise my rights, where I can speek freely, when I can get due process.

All of those things and much more are SHOVED into my face everywhere I go with billion dollar ad budgets. Politicians with promises that everyone seems to know they can't keep. Bills that our government can't pay without mortaging our future - and even THEN can't pay them.

And all the while we've become more and more complacent. Even now you're thinking "Who is this nutjob screaming from over there?" Or "He's dillusional!" Or even worse, you're thinking, "Let's get out of here before the police show up!" Does that statement ring a bell?

Do you feel safer when there are police around? Or are you like me and think, "OH, I'd better be on my best behavior?" The United States puts as many people in prison as any self respecting communist or facist government. Does that make you feel safer at night?

Do you just want me to shut up, so you can go to class and learn more, or to your dorm or house or apartment and study? Do you want me to let you get back to work so you can pay next month's bills? Just leave me alone where I am! Just let me be at peace! Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.

I want you to stand up and start thinking. I want you to really think about what's going on around us. I want you to reject what you've been given and demand more. The United States dreamt of becoming the closest to a free society since the dawn of time. Whatever happened to that? Are we going to let it slip away in the name of security?

The nice thing is I don't need to stand here and come up with great speeches. Everything I want to say has been said. It's just out there waiting for you to remember. And if you refuse to remember, I'll remind you, as many times as it takes. "Give me liberty or give me death!" "He who gives up freedom for security, loses both!" And for God's sake, don't forget our Texan ancestors, "Don't tread on me!" or "COME AND TAKE IT"

I want you to stand up and get mad. I want you to take a firm grip of yourself or the person next to you and tell them that you're MAD. "Damn it to hell! I'm MAD, and I REFUSE to accept what's being given to me!"

I wouldn't propose to tell you to call your senator or write your representative. It's too late to go register to vote. That option passed a long time ago. I wouldn't even be able to tell you what to say or what to write, so it doesn't even matter.

I don't want you to do anything right now except STOP AND GET MAD. This is the first step!

REFUSE WHAT'S BEING OFFEREND AND DEMAND MORE.

JTM
05-01-2008, 12:44 AM
lol, was it that bad?

Agent CSL
05-01-2008, 12:49 AM
I like it. :D

JTM
05-01-2008, 04:28 PM
I like it. :D

at least one person. i know i'm mad, for sure.