PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Book A Bestseller At Amazon

Phantom
04-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Ron Paul Book A Bestseller At Amazon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul's new book, The Revolution: A Manifesto, is selling like crazy at Amazon.com. As of this moment, it's #8 on their bestseller list. Barry Goldwater...eat your heart out!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Walt Thiessen
(Libertarian)

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Could Ron Paul's new book, The Revolution: A Manifesto be an instant bestseller? It's looking good so far. Today is its first day of official release, and already it's up to #8 on the Amazon.com bestseller list (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fbestse llers%2Fbooks%2F&tag=professiona07-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325). The list changes minute by minute, so it will likely be in a different position when you click on the Amazon link above.

When I reviewed the book a few days ago, I never expected to see this kind of interest in the book. Of course, I also didn't expect the huge groundswell of support Paul received over the past year. Silly me.

Today the Paul campaign sent out a press release in which Dr. Paul said, "Two days ago I did a book signing in New York at the Borders on Wall Street. All 530 copies had been sold before I even arrived....They had underestimated you again."

No kidding. The question now becomes how long the book will remain on the bestseller list. That will depend upon whether the book takes on a marketing life of its own, similar to the way the Paul campaign took on a life of its own via grassroots supporters. Potentially, this is a book that could end up being passed along from person to person to person. For a political book, it's a pretty easy read. Yet, it also touches all the significant topics of the day. If this book becomes America's flavor of the month in May, there's no telling what could happen in following months.

Of course, that's the goal of those who are promoting this latest "book bomb." Time will tell how well it will succeed. I wonder how quickly it can reach one million copies sold?

Link (http://www.nolanchart.com/article3618.html)

For more articles on Ron Paul and the Revolution, please visit this Link (http://www.presidentronpaul.741.com/news.html#newsroom)

Truth Warrior
04-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Hoo-Rah!

Scribbler de Stebbing
04-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Oh no! He's getting beaten out by The Demise of the Dollar...And Why It's Even Better for Your Investments by Addison Wiggin.

Unacceptable. Surely I need a few more copies. (The first one I ordered from Amazon arrived a week ago.)

Conza88
04-30-2008, 10:21 AM
No. 1 - Multi-Family Millions: How Anyone Can Reposition Apartments for Big Profits

Why bother? Everyone is going to be a millionaire soon. You're millions won't be able to buy a loaf of bread though.

No. 2 - A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Oprah's Book Club, Selection 61)

A racist recommended it. Lets just leave it at that. Unless it addresses that you will have no life, because of the nwo - then you can probably go without buying this book.

No. 3 - The Last Lecture

Why get the Last Lecture, when you can get The First Lecture. It's new, its by Ron Paul - and its like Thomas Paine's pamphlet. It's called a Revolution a Manifesto. :cool:

No. 4 - Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World

Guilt free eating? Well.. I don't think it addresses the problem of theft of food, because prices have sky rocketed and you need to, too survive. Hungry girl? Hungry people.

No. 5 - The One Minute Entrepreneur: The Secret to Creating and Sustaining a Successful Business
Successful Business.. Well.. its not exactly a secret. Get the government of your back.

No. 6 - The Demise of the Dollar...And Why It's Even Better for Your Investments

The demise of the dollar, is good for your investments? LOL. Maybe if you sell oil, or are stock piling gold & precious metals..

No. 7 - HARMONIC WEALTH: THE SECRET OF ATTRACTING THE LIFE YOU WANT

FREEDOM.

No. 8 - Revolution: a Manifesto by Ron Paul

Pure brilliance. I think I'll go buy another, so I can educate my neocon friend.

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 10:27 AM
just went to my local bookstore, the owner is head of the democrats in our area, GUESS WHO SHE LIKES??;) RON PAUL,anyway she is ordering copies today for her store;) and the revolution continues;) most conservatives in our county left the republican party years ago,but they still stand up for RON PAULS MESSAGE ,even as democrats. IF WE GET RON PAUL as the nominee, WE WILL WIN THE GENERAL ELECTION.... We have 4 months to open the gop's eyes ,lets hope they dont stay deaf dumb and blind.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-30-2008, 10:28 AM
And a price drop!!

For all those that bought it at $12.60, just log into Amazon and request the difference be refunded which you can do anytime they drop the price of an item with 30 days of buying it.

wgadget
04-30-2008, 12:23 PM
It's at #5 right now!

SWATH
04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
It shows it as #1 for me!

gb13
04-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Hell yeah.

crazyfingers
04-30-2008, 12:33 PM
It shows it as #1 for me!

It jumped from #5 to #1 in the last 5 minutes somehow...:D

purplechoe
04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Yup, Ron's #1 on Amazon.

CzargwaR
04-30-2008, 12:39 PM
#1 on the day of release =)

Thor
04-30-2008, 12:41 PM
It jumped from #5 to #1 in the last 5 minutes somehow...:D

updated once per hour.... therefore, in the last hour, it blew the doors off...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/

FrankRep
04-30-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm gonna buy 10 books here pretty soon and start donating to the library. Drop a few off at coffee shops.

Karsten
04-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Why are they offering Neal Bortz's book and Ron Paul's together as the "best value" package. Neal is a pro-war neo-con! It would be better if it was Ventura's or Andrew's book instead.

Alex Libman
04-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Cool!

Ninja Homer
04-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Why are they offering Neal Bortz's book and Ron Paul's together as the "best value" package. Neal is a pro-war neo-con! It would be better if it was Ventura's or Andrew's book instead.

I think the author of the book has an option to choose what book is bundled with it for the "best value" package. Whoever has the power to change this should change it to this, since The Revolution: A Manifesto is now #1:
http://www.amazon.com/Foreign-Policy-Freedom-Commerce-Friendship/dp/0912453001

If no specific book is chosen for the bundle, then it chooses something else by default based on description and what other people buy. I *think* I read somewhere that this is how it works, I can't be certain.

robert4rp08
04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
No. 3 - The Last Lecture

Why get the Last Lecture, when you can get The First Lecture. It's new, its by Ron Paul - and its like Thomas Paine's pamphlet. It's called a Revolution a Manifesto.

I'm not sure about the quality or content of the book, but Randy Pausch's last lecture at Carnegie Mellon University is pretty moving, inspirational, and self-reflective. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8201478015841155798&q=randy+pausch&ei=PMsYSN3GNoeIrgKD1snzBw