PDA

View Full Version : RP in NC! Help Me Celebrate 10,000 Miles!!

Bossobass
04-30-2008, 08:44 AM
This just received regarding RP rally at Duke University in Durham, NC, his alma mater:

Dear Champions of Liberty coming to see Ron Paul at UNC on May 2,
>>
>> I am absolutely floored right now. You see, when we put together this
>> event, we thought that we would be lucky to get 200, maybe 300, people to
>> show up, hence why I booked the largest lecture hall on campus, Carroll
>> Hall, with a capacity of 425. That capacity filled in RSVPs in less than
>> 3 days. We now currently have 932 people RSVPed to come see Ron. That is
>> absolutely amazing news! Amazing, both because of the number of people
>> and because of the amazing effort I am going to have to pull off in order to
>> get a venue that will hold this many people. As I already set a limit of
>> 1,000 people for the event, I have today raised this limit to 1,400
>> people. But don't let limits deter you: come as you may!
>>
>> In any event, please be checking your emails every night this week. I
>> will be sending another email soon detailing where the event will be moved to
>> on campus and probably another to go over more event details.
>>
>> Thank you to everyone who is committing your time, energy, and money to
>> coming to see Ron. This is going to be an amazing event: I can just feel it!
>>
>> For Liberty,
>>
>> Paige Michael-Shetley

EDIT: This info is regarding the rally at UNC Chapel Hill, but a similar response in excess of seats available at DUKE (the same day) has also occurred.

This trip to the state capital will put me over 10,000 miles since my first trip to the debate in Columbia, SC on May 5, 2007.

Im sure there are folks out there who have surpassed my travels in campaigning for Ron, and I sure would like to hear from you in this thread. Michael (RP Rider and Mod extraordinaire) rode a bicycle from coast to coast and has been all over America, for one example.

My Godson, a leukemia survivor, is the year's Leukemia and lymphoma Boy of the Year (http://www.caringbridge.org/nc/michaelpatrick/) and will be at Duke for the Rainbow of Heroes walk to raise money for the superb work Duke Medical Center has done for him and countless suffering children and, of course, I'll be there to walk with him, so it's a double-whammy great weekend for me.

Please make the trip to Duke if at all possible and pass the word. Updates will be happening as to where the new venue will be, etc., but this sort of last minute thing is great news for me because it means a BIGGER CROWD to hear the only worthy candidate for POTUS in 2008!

Bosso

slacker921
04-30-2008, 08:59 AM
wow.. cool to hear there will be huge crowds. I hope someone is working to get the media there, and hope people will be taking pics of the big crowds and sending to CNN iReport and other news sites.

I won't be able to make it.. :(

rancher89
04-30-2008, 09:05 AM
I really want to go, but I think if I do go I want to do the rally midway between the two venues kind of thing that heard being floated. I've seen him plenty of times, wouldn't mind seeing him again. The bottom line is get the #s of people there. Some sort of rally between the two venues or nearby one of them would be good. The halls are just too small for the #s we need to produce. I'll let the people that haven't shaken his hand get up front...:D

BTW, IF I do go, I'll have my big blue "Veterans for Ron Paul R3volution" banner for veterans to sign. Just look for it. If I can't use the poles to hold it up high with our big flag over it, I'll be holding it with someone else. We got over 50 sigs (including RP's) in only three rallys. We couldn't get any sigs at the Tea Party in Boston, since it was so cold the sharpies wouldn't work......This is our meetup in Columbia----I have the blue windbreaker on

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/member/9/5/3/5/highres_3818197.jpeg

cayton
04-30-2008, 09:13 AM
+1 rsvp

ronpaulhawaii
04-30-2008, 09:19 AM
This just received regarding RP rally at Duke University in Durham, NC, his alma mater:

EDIT: This info is regarding the rally at UNC Chapel Hill, but a similar response in excess of seats available at DUKE (the same day) has also occurred.

This trip to the state capital will put me over 10,000 miles since my first trip to the debate in Columbia, SC on May 5, 2007.

Im sure there are folks out there who have surpassed my travels in campaigning for Ron, and I sure would like to hear from you in this thread. Michael (RP Rider and Mod extraordinaire) rode a bicycle from coast to coast and has been all over America, for one example.

My Godson, a leukemia survivor, is the year's Leukemia and lymphoma Boy of the Year (http://www.caringbridge.org/nc/michaelpatrick/) and will be at Duke for the Rainbow of Heroes walk to raise money for the superb work Duke Medical Center has done for him and countless suffering children and, of course, I'll be there to walk with him, so it's a double-whammy great weekend for me.

Please make the trip to Duke if at all possible and pass the word. Updates will be happening as to where the new venue will be, etc., but this sort of last minute thing is great news for me because it means a BIGGER CROWD to hear the only worthy candidate for POTUS in 2008!

Bosso

Two days Huh? :eek::D

I don't know what to say, Dave. I've signed up for classes in campaign management/etc that start on the 5th in DC. That's keeping my budget tight. I was thinking last week that I should try to swing both... I booked the DC thing on Amtrak, let me see what options I have...

GO RON PAUL!!!

Bossobass
04-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Two days Huh? :eek::D

I don't know what to say, Dave. I've signed up for classes in campaign management/etc that start on the 5th in DC. That's keeping my budget tight. I was thinking last week that I should try to swing both... I booked the DC thing on Amtrak, let me see what options I have...

GO RON PAUL!!!

It would be way too awesome if you could make it, my friend. :)

Please let me know if I can help you get there. Amtrak runs through, I can ride ya or possibly fly ya there if necessary, if there are any flights open. You are the MAN when it comes to RP travels and it certainly would be great to see you again.

If anyone gets the scoop on the intermediate event, please post the info in this thread?? I don't see how they can swing it with the short period of time in between the Chapel Hill and Duke events, but I'll be there in any case and would appreciate any heads up as it becomes available.

Bosso

Jeremy
04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
BJ Lawson will also be introducing him!! :D So bring your Lawson signs too.

FireofLiberty
04-30-2008, 02:26 PM
BJ Lawson will also be introducing him!! :D So bring your Lawson signs too.

If anyone doesn't have any we'll have some there :D

Bossobass
05-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Just a heads up since many have said they canceled their plans due to the events being sold out:

The UNC Chapel Hill rally has been moved to Carmichael Auditorium which has a seating capacity of 8,000!

Time to fill it. Please let everyone know, especially those who have gone on line to reserve tickets for the Duke event that the UNC event at 3:30PM is wide open for participation, followed by a book signing.

Bosso

ronpaulhawaii
05-01-2008, 09:14 AM
bump - sorry I won't make it. Someone set me up to meet a GOP state rep here for dinner this wknd :D

Bossobass
05-01-2008, 10:40 AM
bump - sorry I won't make it. Someone set me up to meet a GOP state rep here for dinner this wknd :D

Sorry to hear you're busy but your busy with important work. We'll miss ya, my friend.

I appreciate the bump. 8,000 seats. The place will look empty with only 1,000 supporters. Help me get the word out to all the Meetups in NC and surrounding states.

Time to C-A-R-A-V-A-N everyone. :D:):cool::eek:

10,000 of the best miles I've ever traveled. I've met RP 8 times. I bumped into him at the Manchester NH airport and spoke to him over coffee at 5:00 AM while we waited for our flights. I've had the pleasure of hearing him speak 10 times and attended 4 debates. I've also gotten to meet a large portion of his family, including my favorite...Mrs. Paul. And, I've met so many cool Americans along the way I can't begin to mention them all, including you, Pat and your great Blue Banner (http://web.mac.com/bossobass.com/iWeb/Site%2014/Blank.html)

Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't had the chance to see RP speak live or to meet him afterward. Bring your copy of Manifesto to have it signed. See you there.

Bosso

howmanysheepcanyouherd
05-01-2008, 10:45 AM
1000 people for something like this is really good. let's be glad its not 100. at this point with all the media has done.

withallmyheart
05-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Great sign Rancher.

rancher89
05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Great sign Rancher.

Thanks!, I'll be bringing it to Chapel Hill tomorrow---bump!!!!!

HOLLYWOOD
05-01-2008, 02:10 PM
wow.. cool to hear there will be huge crowds. I hope someone is working to get the media there, and hope people will be taking pics of the big crowds and sending to CNN iReport and other news sites.

I won't be able to make it.. :(

BUMP... get the MSM in there with VIP Passes, so they cover the event in full detail and a POSITIVE REPORT for their daily radio/TV news coverage.

go NC!~