PDA

View Full Version : Constitution Party candidate says U.S. sovereignty at risk

FrankRep
04-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Constitution Party candidate says U.S. sovereignty at risk 'Washington is problem, not Baghdad, or Tehran'

WND
April 29, 2008

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images/misc/chuck.jpg
Charles Baldwin

The Constitution Party candidate for president says the biggest danger America faces is from Washington, D.C., not Tehran or Baghdad, and that he would jump at the opportunity to cut it down to size.

"I really believe that our nation is fast becoming a nation that does not respect the freedoms and liberties that this country was founded upon," Chuck Baldwin told WND in an exclusive one-on-one interview today. "George Bush's Patriot Act ... in essence eviscerated the Fourth Amendment and did serious damage to other amendments in the Bill of Rights. I do believe that this burgeoning North American Union that Dr. Corsi has written so much about ... is a real threat to our national sovereignty and our national independence."

Baldwin, picked the party's candidate recently at its national convention in Kansas City over the higher-profile Ambassador Alan Keyes, is the founder and pastor of Crossroad Baptist Church in Pensacola, Fla. He also hosts a weekly radio program called "Chuck Baldwin Live" and he serves as a columnist whose political commentaries are carried by a number of websites, newspapers and magazines.

Baldwin also has written two books, "Subjects Seldom Spoken On" and "This Is The Life," as well as a number of theological booklets. He also was the Constitution Party's vice presidential candidate in 2004.

The Constitution Party candidate for president says the biggest danger America faces is from Washington, D.C., not Tehran or Baghdad, and that he would jump at the opportunity to cut it down to size.

"I really believe that our nation is fast becoming a nation that does not respect the freedoms and liberties that this country was founded upon," Chuck Baldwin told WND in an exclusive one-on-one interview today. "George Bush's Patriot Act ... in essence eviscerated the Fourth Amendment and did serious damage to other amendments in the Bill of Rights. I do believe that this burgeoning North American Union that Dr. Corsi has written so much about ... is a real threat to our national sovereignty and our national independence."

Baldwin, picked the party's candidate recently at its national convention in Kansas City over the higher-profile Ambassador Alan Keyes, is the founder and pastor of Crossroad Baptist Church in Pensacola, Fla. He also hosts a weekly radio program called "Chuck Baldwin Live" and he serves as a columnist whose political commentaries are carried by a number of websites, newspapers and magazines.

Baldwin also has written two books, "Subjects Seldom Spoken On" and "This Is The Life," as well as a number of theological booklets. He also was the Constitution Party's vice presidential candidate in 2004.

"The biggest threat that faces America is not found in Tehran or Baghdad or any other country," he told WND. "I believe that our biggest threat is in Washington. D.C."

"I do believe that the determination to merge America into a regionalized government with Mexico and Canada is very real," he continued. "And ... I think it's progressing at a very fast pace.

" the day that I take office that new world order comes crashing down. There's no North American community. We're getting out of NAFTA. There's no NAFTA superhighway. There's no NAU or any of that. We will retain the integrity of our national sovereignty and our national independence and to me that is a very high priority."

WND has reported on the progress in various areas on the idea of a North American Union, whose supporters say it is the concept of a continental region working together economically, for human rights and for security. Opponents see it no more or less than a not-so-subtle plan to turn the United States into just one part of a North American Union politically, economically and militarily.

"Ronald Reagan said a nation without boundaries is not a nation, and he's exactly right," Baldwin said, "and that's what's happening. The boundaries between our three countires are being blurred almost to the point they don't exist any more. And I believe it's deliberate, and I will put a stop to it.

"I'm opposed to it with every ounce of energy in my being. If God would smile on our endeavors and would somehow put us in the White House you can count on it that we will maintain the integrity of our national sovereignty and independence," he said.

Baldwin also said he thinks 2008 is different from other years, in that a third-party candidate has an oportunity for a greater impact.

"I think the electorate is totally open to alternative candidates and ideas this year. I think furthermore there is a deep distrust and suspicion among the American people that the two major parties have their best interests at heart," he said.

He also said U.S. troops need to be brought back from Iraq, as soon as that can be done safely.

"The longer we occupy Iraq, the more the enemy uses that occupation as a recruiting tool for those that would hurt us," he said. "I think our presence in Iraq is the biggest asset that al-Qaida and whatever other terrorists are over there have and they are using those troops to their advantage," he said.

On the home front, the No. 1 project would be to close the borders to the U.S.

"We can do it with a fence or we can do it without a fence. We have troops, National Guard troops, over in the Middle East that are protecting the borders of Iraq and other countries, by the way, yet we're not protecting our own borders," he said. "Whether we do it with a fence or not, we must close that border."

He also said his bully pulpit goals would be to see that Roe vs. Wade is overturned.

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul's Sanctity of Life Act would take jurisdiction over abortion away from the courts and would recognize those who are unborn people, he said.

He also diverges from many other pro-family, pro-life interests on the federal Marriage Amendment.

"They don't see the danger of this. If a federal Marriage Amendment was enacted all that would do would [be to] authorize the Supreme Court to meddle with it, and by the time the Supreme Court would be done with it, it could be something far more monstrous than what the pro-life and pro-family people would want. I don't think that's a good idea," he told WND.

He said the nation's economy needs work, but nothing will be solved by printing money and throwing it around.

"It's an immediate feel-good approach, but it does nothing in the long run to solve the problem," he said. The costs of the war in Iraq need to be eliminated, and America needs to restore its energy production.

"I would dismantle the Department of Energy. I would get the government out of it," he said. "We need to get businesses pumping more oil again. We've got to open up the oil wells that we already know are there, and we've got to drill for new oil."

[B]SOURCE:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=62952