PDA

View Full Version : Charisma

wgadget
04-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Each week a family in my church hosts a "tea party," where we all sit around the tea table and discuss politics, religion, the economy...A mini-think tank.

I haven't been able to attend much recently, but was able to go last night. The topic came to the economy. My first point is this: The people are ready to talk and think about this issue...I've never heard such interest...When things hit the pocketbook, the people are open to questioning the government and are looking for solutions.

I just happened to have a Revolution book in my car. I handed it to one of the guys there that had especially deep questions. He told me his opinion of Ron Paul, very graciously, I must say. He said he loves his ideas, but he lacks the charisma of someone like Charles Manson (seriously)....I told him that I've met Ron Paul three times, and he has all the charisma that I need in a president. I told him that the American Idle crowd seems to be looking for the guy that looks best in a suit, and that's NOT what we need right now. Thankfully, he agreed and said he would read the book and then give it to his 18-year-old son.

I guess my main point is the PEOPLE ARE LISTENING, THEY ARE TALKING, and we need to get this BOOK OUT THERE.

Thank you, Ron Paul, for giving us your book to use as a tool in the Revolution.

BTW, I'm sitting here listening to the radio (Bill Bennett's show) and they're looking for a political scapegoat. They want to blame the Democrats, typically.

Let's call the TALK SHOWS and EDUMACATE THEM. This is our chance.

Bruno
04-30-2008, 07:12 AM
Each week a family in my church hosts a "tea party," where we all sit around the tea table and discuss politics, religion, the economy...A mini-think tank.

I haven't been able to attend much recently, but was able to go last night. The topic came to the economy. My first point is this: The people are ready to talk and think about this issue...I've never heard such interest...When things hit the pocketbook, the people are open to questioning the government and are looking for solutions.

I just happened to have a Revolution book in my car. I handed it to one of the guys there that had especially deep questions. He told me his opinion of Ron Paul, very graciously, I must say. He said he loves his ideas, but he lacks the charisma of someone like Charles Manson (seriously)....I told him that I've met Ron Paul three times, and he has all the charisma that I need in a president. I told him that the American Idle crowd seems to be looking for the guy that looks best in a suit, and that's NOT what we need right now. Thankfully, he agreed and said he would read the book and then give it to his 18-year-old son.

I guess my main point is the PEOPLE ARE LISTENING, THEY ARE TALKING, and we need to get this BOOK OUT THERE.

Thank you, Ron Paul, for giving us your book to use as a tool in the Revolution.

BTW, I'm sitting here listening to the radio (Bill Bennett's show) and they're looking for a political scapegoat. They want to blame the Democrats, typically.

Let's call the TALK SHOWS and EDUMACATE THEM. This is our chance.

Great to hear, wgadget! Please update this thread once he and his son have read it - curious to see if it changed a non-believer's mind.

People are coming around. And it is a great book! I'm going to email our local talk radio host today and see if I sent him a copy if he would read it.