PDA

View Full Version : o========o 30ft Pole Guy update - Exciting News!

jaj1701
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I have great news. I had my endorsing convention on April 26th and I was......

UNANIMOUSLY ENDORSED AS THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE FOR MY HOUSE DISTRICT!!!!

My district is actually one that will be a focus of the party as I'm running against a freshmen incumbant that won by under 100 votes in 2006. I have the support of the local and district parties, and am expecting the same from the state party. I have a very important job. I MUST win this November. My district is considered to by very winnable, but by no means easy. The MN house has under overwhelming Democratic control as a result of a terrible 2006 election year. They are doing some very damaging things to this state and we must regain the majority this election cycle.

I will push forth the message of limited government, reduced spending and taxes, personal freedom.....well, you know the message.

My campaign website: http://www.johnson4mn.com/
Me on PaulCongress: http://www.paulcongress.com/State.html
Me on MN for Liberty: http://www.mnforliberty.com/

My opponent has about a $10,000 lead in terms of fundrasing so far just based on what she had left at the end of 2007. There are some initiatives that we can't do yet becuase of not having funds. Now that I'm endorsed, the fund raising mode will be starting.

My staff and I have been thinking of doing some flavor of money bomb or chip-in during a period of time in early or mid May. We're not sure what kind of support we can expect for my 30ft Pole Guy fans (some of you have already been generous, thank you so much) and what to set the goal as. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all your support and laughs.

Oh and for those of you unfamiliar with my stunt that gained me the fame..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zg-x-SGMng

Jason

pinkmandy
04-29-2008, 10:33 PM
You have my support! Have a money bomb and I'll pledge $30. $1/foot!

Conza88
04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Oh that is pure quality! :D

pinkmandy
04-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Bump for 30 ft pole guy- set your date and help will come!

TruePatriot44
04-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Thats awesome. Great to see you're from my home state. Going to be at the state convention at the end of May? Maybe you can bring the pole with you :D

Mahkato
04-29-2008, 11:27 PM
I didn't know you were the 30-foot-pole guy! I met you in real life at CD1 and I didn't even know it! Congrats on the endorsement.

Will you be supplying 30-foot wire stands with your campaign lawn signs?

TruthAtLast
04-30-2008, 12:04 AM
haha. i crack up every time I see the video. I can't help it. It is just hilarious. :D

I've donated to you already but would gladly donate again when you determine the day for the Money Bomb.

texasbelle
04-30-2008, 01:30 AM
bump.. I will keep a lookout for your money bomb. I still remember the night you were on cnn.. well your sign was! that was so awesome!

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-30-2008, 05:09 AM
Bump. I'll throw something your way too. Anything to get more liberty minded people into government in my state.

constituent
04-30-2008, 05:55 AM
kick ass man. make a banner, get it up on the main page here (make sure it mentions the 30ft. pole) and you will be golden.

skip the Q1Boosters though, they'll do you more harm than good. ;)

walt
04-30-2008, 06:17 AM
Hello everyone,

I have great news. I had my endorsing convention on April 26th and I was......

UNANIMOUSLY ENDORSED AS THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE FOR MY HOUSE DISTRICT!!!!

My district is actually one that will be a focus of the party as I'm running against a freshmen incumbant that won by under 100 votes in 2006. I have the support of the local and district parties, and am expecting the same from the state party. I have a very important job. I MUST win this November. My district is considered to by very winnable, but by no means easy. The MN house has under overwhelming Democratic control as a result of a terrible 2006 election year. They are doing some very damaging things to this state and we must regain the majority this election cycle.

I will push forth the message of limited government, reduced spending and taxes, personal freedom.....well, you know the message.

My campaign website: http://www.johnson4mn.com/
Me on PaulCongress: http://www.paulcongress.com/State.html
Me on MN for Liberty: http://www.mnforliberty.com/

My opponent has about a $10,000 lead in terms of fundrasing so far just based on what she had left at the end of 2007. There are some initiatives that we can't do yet becuase of not having funds. Now that I'm endorsed, the fund raising mode will be starting.

My staff and I have been thinking of doing some flavor of money bomb or chip-in during a period of time in early or mid May. We're not sure what kind of support we can expect for my 30ft Pole Guy fans (some of you have already been generous, thank you so much) and what to set the goal as. Any ideas?

Oh and for those of you unfamiliar with my stunt that gained me the fame..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zg-x-SGMng

Jason

I find your web site to not represent "the real you" - it doesn't mention 30 foot poles or Ron Paul principles....try making it match your real brand and you'd have a chance of winning and not wasting donations...

Cinderella
04-30-2008, 07:48 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha great sign!!! i almost had coffee shoot out my nose....whens the money bnomb?? haha

UtahApocalypse
04-30-2008, 07:55 AM
can anyone make this guy a widget that extends the pole?? :D

Ninja Homer
04-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Congratulations, I'm a fan, but had no idea you were in my state!

I'm not in your CD, but I'm wondering about the rules for getting a donation rebate. Can I get the "up to $50 rebate" if I donate to your campaign if I'm in a different district?

jaj1701
04-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Hello everyone,

Wow, a lot of replies already considering I just posted this morning. Thanks!

To answer a couple of questions.

The $50 rebate is open to every Minnesota resident that contributes to any house candidate (or other MN offices, not US races) or state party. Once a MN donation is recieved by my campaign, we send out a state mandated receipt and rebate form. The rebate is usually receieved in 4-6 weeks and has nothing to do with your income taxes. You can also donate $100 as a "couple". Your location in the state is irrelivant.

So HEY, people of Minnesota, you can give $50 to my campaign FOR FREE!!!

Is there anyone that can help with design of the banner? Also, is Chip-In the best mechanism to link to for funneling the donations to our PayPal account and keep a running total of the sucess of the event. I was thinking of running it over a weeks time or so instead of just a day. Anyone think that's not the best route to take.

My staff and I are firming up my issues stances before publishing them. I have talked and answered questions on my stances at multiple Republican only events now though. We must be very careful to make sure that we don't put up something that I end up having to change or that I'm not ready to back up with facts if confronted because it's just the wrong stance to have or because it's factually inaccurate, and not because it's politically not the best stance to have. We were busy contacting delegates and etc before endorsement. The website was getting a minimal amount of hits. That is behind us, so now the real work begins, including expanding the website. I do not plan on mentioning the 30ft pole guy thing on the website. It is part of me, I will never deny it, but it doesn't do me any good to mention it on the website.

Skip the "Q1Boosters" ?

So, thanks everyone. Keep the ideas coming! Design? Where I should ask to have the banner displayed (if you think other places then just on Ron Paul Forums)? I'd be willing to reserve a URL if someone wanted to help design a page for the fundraiser and include the video on the page of course.

Keep the ideas and pledges coming!! It's extremely encouraging.

Sincerely,

Jason

pinkmandy
04-30-2008, 09:47 AM
I totally understand why you wouldn't put the pole on your site. No need to scare the party loyalists. ;) You can always take your pole with you on your first day of work, though! Lol!!!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-30-2008, 09:54 AM

Thanks for stepping up to the plate. It's a big deal.

Dave39168
04-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I am glad you are running mr 30 footer. Once you post your issue stances on the your campaign website i'll likely go $30 (a dollar per foot). As long as the stances on the issues section are congruent with my beliefs.

Ninja Homer
04-30-2008, 12:28 PM
The $50 rebate is open to every Minnesota resident that contributes to any house candidate (or other MN offices, not US races) or state party. Once a MN donation is recieved by my campaign, we send out a state mandated receipt and rebate form. The rebate is usually receieved in 4-6 weeks and has nothing to do with your income taxes. You can also donate $100 as a "couple". Your location in the state is irrelivant.

So HEY, people of Minnesota, you can give $50 to my campaign FOR FREE!!!

Thanks, exactly what I was hoping for.

Personally, I don't like this system that takes money out of the people's pockets and gives it to political campaigns.

As my dad put it, "The system is broken, and you'll probably be paying taxes for the rest of your life, and that money will be given to other people. Hopefully you'll do well and you'll never have to rely on other people's money. You should still learn the system so you can take advantage of it when you can. That's your money, you paid taxes, and there's no shame in taking some of it back."

I'll be damned if I'm not going to take advantage of it to help the campaign of a Ron Paul supporter so the system can be fixed.

Email lists for Ron Paul money bombs were put together with sign-ups and email blasts using FeedBurner. You may want to look into it. I'm pretty sure it's free to use. http://feedburner.com

Rhys
04-30-2008, 12:50 PM
I want to see the pole! I've never heard of it. Anyone who can get famous from a pole deserves a money bomb!

mkeller
04-30-2008, 02:06 PM
And all the while I read this thread I thought you sat on top of a 30 foot pole. Wish I hadn't watched the video. :(;):D

Good luck! And I can do a little web design . . .

Rhys
04-30-2008, 02:39 PM
I still can't find the damn video. I found a link but it was broke. Any help? No pole video, no donation. :P

ultimaonliner
04-30-2008, 09:59 PM
BUMP for the Ron POLE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still LMAO thinking of the camera panning all the Hillary signs while you buried the camera with RP sign on a 30 foot pole!!!!!!!

Ninja Homer
04-30-2008, 10:13 PM
I still can't find the damn video. I found a link but it was broke. Any help? No pole video, no donation. :P

It's right in the OP:

"Oh and for those of you unfamiliar with my stunt that gained me the fame..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zg-x-SGMng"

Buffalo Bruce
04-30-2008, 10:28 PM
I know Jason from MeetUp. Jason is dedicated to the RP platform. He organized or helped start up three MeetUps and is a veteran of the NH campaign. Because of all this, I suspect he will need some financial and other help.

ultimaonliner
05-01-2008, 03:12 PM
bump for the 30 foot pole dude

rodo1776
05-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey Jason I'm in.

And where I live we use meters so I can call you the 9.137 meter pole guy. Not as tall sounding but anyone accustomed to meters knows that this IS tall.

And I encourage more financial support for Jason. This seat was held by a republican before the current Democrat won in 2006 by 90 votes as Jason mentioned. It is a winnable seat.

$10.00 to Jason in the smaller district is like $300.00 for a congressional race. So any little bit helps.

This email confirms that you have donated $50.00 USD to Jason Johnson for House Committee (donate@Johnson4MN.com) using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *JASONJOHNSO".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donation Details

Confirmation number: 6SC21860LB714145F
Donation amount: $50.00 USD
Total: $50.00 USD
Purpose: Jason Johnson for House Committee

Mahkato
05-01-2008, 04:07 PM
FYI, Jason Johnson has been endorsed by Brian Davis (http://www.briandavisforcongress.com/), who is the Republican-endorsed candidate to the U.S. House for Minnesota's first district. Davis is not an outright Ron Paul Republican, but takes a stance similar to Ron Paul's on many issues, such as cutting spending and earmarks, and moving toward market-controlled health care (Davis is a medical doctor by trade).

Rhys
05-01-2008, 04:49 PM
FYI, Jason Johnson has been endorsed by Brian Davis (http://www.briandavisforcongress.com/), who is the Republican-endorsed candidate to the U.S. House for Minnesota's first district. Davis is not an outright Ron Paul Republican, but takes a stance similar to Ron Paul's on many issues, such as cutting spending and earmarks, and moving toward market-controlled health care (Davis is a medical doctor by trade).

careful. earmarks have to become a big issue for us because people are against them but we're not. we believe congress should spend the money, not the president. that's what an earmark is... budgeting by congress. It's not a bad thing. Like Ron Paul says, the bad thing is the spending... not deciding how to spend what is there.

OP- ok, I'm in. The pole was sufficiently large enough for me to support you. (no jokes lol) it certainly fulfilled their "campaign visibility" promise.

The One
05-01-2008, 05:01 PM
30 foot bump for The Legend

walt
05-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I do not plan on mentioning the 30ft pole guy thing on the website. It is part of me, I will never deny it, but it doesn't do me any good to mention it on the website.

disagree, it shows your dedication to your principles - to not show it makes you look like you're not proud to be a Ron Paul Republican.

The One
05-01-2008, 08:06 PM
disagree, it shows your dedication to your principles - to not show it makes you look like you're not proud to be a Ron Paul Republican.

Oh....drama. Maybe he doesn't want to show it because although it was hilarious and awesome, it doesn't make him appear to be a serious-minded professional. Can you imagine Ron Paul standing around with a 30 foot pole with a little sign on the end of it?

walt
05-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh....drama. Maybe he doesn't want to show it because although it was hilarious and awesome, it doesn't make him appear to be a serious-minded professional. Can you imagine Ron Paul standing around with a 30 foot pole with a little sign on the end of it?

sorry I'm not good with photoshop

Soccrmastr
05-01-2008, 08:50 PM
30 ft pole guy how could we ever forget you!

Mahkato
05-01-2008, 08:51 PM
careful. earmarks have to become a big issue for us because people are against them but we're not. we believe congress should spend the money, not the president. that's what an earmark is... budgeting by congress. It's not a bad thing. Like Ron Paul says, the bad thing is the spending... not deciding how to spend what is there.

I agree. I think earmarks in principle are okay, but much more often than not they're abused. As I said, I wouldn't cast Davis as a Ron Paul Republican at all, but I don't think he's a typical print-and-spend big government neocon. Davis has never been in office before though, so there's no voting record to look at.

Oh, and BUMP for Johnson!

nc4rp
05-02-2008, 02:10 PM
30 foot bump for The Legend

AWESOME!!!!!!! go Jason!!!!!

30' pole guy > 30 Hillary supporters...

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4459/30footpoleguysr6.jpg

Mahkato
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
You should contact the original poster of that video to see if they have a higher-res version of it.

The One
05-02-2008, 03:09 PM
A Man, A Legend, A Guy with a 30 foot pole and 10-pound balls........bump.

nc4rp
05-05-2008, 04:50 PM
bump for 30' pole guy

idiom
05-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Bump!

Why not join the D-Day money Bomb?

hotbrownsauce
05-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Haha, so your the 30ft pole guy, SWEET awesome sign!!!!

Mahkato
05-09-2008, 01:45 PM
//

Mahkato
05-13-2008, 03:14 PM
30-ft bump