PDA

View Full Version : Ballot Question...

BuddyRey
05-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know if Ron Paul is going to be on the ballot for the North Carolina primaries? I'm facing up to the fact that if I want to help Ron, I'm going to have to register with the GOP (a thought that, frankly, makes my blood run cold.) It'll totally be worth it if I can help him out, but I first need to make sure that my sacrifice won't be in vain! Any help or advice you guys could give here would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

---BuddyRey

rpliving
05-25-2007, 10:51 PM
He will be on unless he drops out, which wont happen

wwycher
05-25-2007, 11:09 PM
I hate to do it but I'm gonna look my local RP delegate and take him some booze or something. Man, I hate those parties. :-{

JosephTheLibertarian
05-25-2007, 11:13 PM
You don't have to play a Republican.. just be a silent interested guy that wants to join up, you don't have to be an outspoken neo-con or anything. Think of it as... Mission Ron Paul! errr Operation Ron Paul!

BuddyRey
05-25-2007, 11:15 PM
I hate to do it but I'm gonna look my local RP delegate and take him some booze or something. Man, I hate those parties. :-{

I definitely know the feeling! Maybe it's just me, but it seems like you can't even be an Independent/Unaffiliated and have a voice in this country anymore. No open primaries, no instant runoff voting, makes it so you have to let at least one party "own" you, and more often than not, they're both horrible. But they won't change to meet the American people's expectations because they know that we know they're the only game in town.

romelll
05-26-2007, 05:20 AM
I definitely know the feeling! Maybe it's just me, but it seems like you can't even be an Independent/Unaffiliated and have a voice in this country anymore. No open primaries, no instant runoff voting, makes it so you have to let at least one party "own" you, and more often than not, they're both horrible. But they won't change to meet the American people's expectations because they know that we know they're the only game in town.

I figured it couldn’t hurt to spread the word at the local party. I hate this party stuff, but if I can start the ball rolling at a local level.......
I think a rational well spoken defense of Dr. Paul will help.

I often think of the Norman Rockwell paintings on the 4 Freedoms that were commissioned during WWII. The one with he farmer in the back of the room standing up expressing himself. Politely and against group think

carla8478
05-26-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm noticing the comments from the democrats supporting Ron Paul and I think it's great. I know you guys don't agree with the whole Republican platform, but Ron Paul's got some awesome principles that just can't be ignored, which is mostly likely why you guys are finding it to be worth it to support him.

And honesly, I've been independent up until Ron Paul.

But, we need to find a way to capitalize on this. We need to get the slogan going that Ron Paul is running to be America's next president, not just the Republican's next president. We're going to need the voices from all parties to get him elected because we're working against some powerful opposition.

Like Ron Paul himself said the Republican party has lost it's way. The politicians are just not listening to the people and have forgotten the traditions upon which they started. Those in the 'I belong to Washington club' and in the mainstream press are working against Ron Paul.

We have got to get everyone united and support Ron Paul.

And I'm sure someone with more talent than myself can come up with a better slogan to express and promote Ron Paul's universal appeal. Any thoughts?

JosephTheLibertarian
05-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Dr. Paul may want to wave that Republican flag, but most people don't realize something, that something is that Ron Paul is a LIBERTARIAN, it's a mixture of the *best* elements of conservatism & liberalism! :D

RCherryman
12-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Hi,

I thought the NC Primaries were Open. I just did a web search and found out they were closed. Thanks for the heads up on this. I've been "independent" for years and I'm going to have to change that. After this election, I'm going to change it right back!

Thanks,
Rhonda.

GunnyFreedom
12-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi,

I thought the NC Primaries were Open. I just did a web search and found out they were closed. Thanks for the heads up on this. I've been "independent" for years and I'm going to have to change that. After this election, I'm going to change it right back!

Thanks,
Rhonda.

According to my research, NC Primaries are "modified closed" which mean that registered independents can vote in either primary, but Republicans and Democrats can only vote in their own primary. I have several times voted in tour primaries, and I am a registered Independent.

I do not believe that this has changed.

Even so, just to be on the safe side, I will in all likelihood register as a Republican, in case they manage to push the Primary up to February, and unbeknownst to me manage to close the primary entirely.

Not to mention my willingness to become a delegate...

joelfarm
12-10-2007, 11:00 PM
You know the old saying "all politics is local"? It is true and this is where it can get messy. I imagine that it is the same in all areas to some degree, but these local political parties are run by old-time buisness interests, local socialites and folks who just want to say they have some kind of influence and power in their lives. I am not knocking it, thats just the way it is. We need to engrain ourselves into this system if we want to get the Ron Paul message to the masses. The local politicians will want to know what we are going to do for THEM, if they are going to get on board. So, you might find yourself having to help someone you don't really care about to advance his aspirations. See what I mean by getting messy? I have seen people with the best ideals you could wish for, slowly sell out to the machine as they advance up in the system. I really do not look forward to the networking and deal making, but it has to be done if we are going to use the republicrat/democan behemouth to get Dr. Paul elected.

bbachtung
12-10-2007, 11:48 PM
It will take 10,000 signatures from registered Republicans to get RP (or any other candidate) on the ballot in the Republican primary.

matthylland
12-17-2007, 09:57 AM
It will take 10,000 signatures from registered Republicans to get RP (or any other candidate) on the ballot in the Republican primary.

ok, is the primary going to stay in may for sure?

If it does get moved up, we will need to hustle to get signatures....

nc4rp
12-19-2007, 06:27 PM
the bill went to vote in Feb 2007, so i believe we would have heard by now if it had passed.

February/March 2008 is when the local Precinct Conventions are held in N.C. so it seems to late to change it.