PDA

View Full Version : Military draft poll

cindy25
04-29-2008, 09:07 PM
The KC star has a poll on whether the draft should be brought back:

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/11328

the NO votes only have a total of 53% so lets up that percentage.

LEK
04-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Interesting comments.
The first sounds like an Obama soundbite - the second, Ron Paul logic.

Mandatory Service -
Submitted by BG in KC on April 29, 2008 - 11:11am.
But not necessarily mandatory MILITARY service. We have a hell of a lot of problems that we need to deal with before they deal with us, and mandatory service that invests young people in communities and humanitarian efforts would be a good place to start. Options for that service - military being one of several - would, I believe, increase the rate of uniform service enough to shave maybe five years off the rebuilding process our military faces.
--BG

don't you get it?
Submitted by Eastsider on April 30, 2008 - 7:52am.
A draft is a license to invade Iran, N. Korea, and whatever other country suits the Carlisle Group (daddy Bush's cash cow) and Haliburton (the Cheney trough). Not having a draft is the only thing that saves this country from becoming the fascist power that the neocons want us to be.

tod evans
04-30-2008, 07:55 AM
bringing back the draft would be the quickest way to wake up the sheeple:eek:

James Madison
04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
bringing back the draft would be the quickest way to wake up the sheeple:eek:

I wouldn't be so sure. If presented with the right crisis, the sheeple will more than likely submit to a draft just like they did with Korea and Vietnam.

JTM
04-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Yes. We're too willing to wage war without everyone's children being exposed to service

i was really surprised by my own reaction to this one. it's true. if the draft did come back... it would definitely encourage people to pay attention to what's going on. i null voted on that poll... sorry guys.

Truth Warrior
04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Amendment XIII.

"Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime where of the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Section 2. Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation."