PDA

View Full Version : I know people are donating the Manifesto to libraries and such but what about...

Nate SY
04-29-2008, 05:02 PM
The high school AP government programs? Personally, if my teacher hadn't informed me that the points I argued fit more with Paul's than any other candidates I would never have even checked him out.

My idea (and what I'm doing) is you go to your local high school and give a copy of the book to the teacher, asking that he points libertarian and libertarian-leaning students toward the book and offers them a chance to read it.

If other schools have teachers anything like mine, I'm positive the teachers would gladly accept this. From what I've seen they don't have much to use to help libertarian-minded students learn more about what they already feel.

Anyways, thought I'd throw this out there and see what you guys think, I know at the least I'll be doing this.

Mr. White
04-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Based solely on my experiences as an educator, I doubt any teacher would make a politician's rant a required reading. I'd say donate it to school libraries.

Joseph Hart
04-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I bet the schools would allow a free book discussion.

AJ Antimony
04-29-2008, 05:49 PM
No Child Left Behind
Article 1, Section 1, Clause 1:

No Ron Paul books allowed.

Nate SY
04-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Based solely on my experiences as an educator, I doubt any teacher would make a politician's rant a required reading. I'd say donate it to school libraries.

I didn't mean as required, I just meant so they have something to offer students who identify with a more libertarian view.

constituent
04-29-2008, 05:51 PM
I didn't mean as required, I just meant so they have something to offer students who identify with a more libertarian view.

i think it's a great idea!

TruthAtLast
04-29-2008, 07:18 PM
No Child Left Behind
Article 1, Section 1, Clause 1:

No Ron Paul books allowed.

I knew I heard that somewhere! I couldn't put my finger on it.

Mr. White
04-29-2008, 07:52 PM

Then yeah, that's a great idea.

Austin
04-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Fantastic idea. I will be taking AP Government next year, and my teacher happens to serve on the city council. From what I have heard from other students, he may just be a Paul supporter already, or at least libertarian Republican. If anyone is going to use the book at the school, it will be him.

Thanks for the suggestion!