PDA

View Full Version : What should happen in NV

Dequeant
04-29-2008, 03:40 PM
If they do redo the Nevada convention, everyone in Nevada needs to be there. I realize that some have already expended great expense and hardship to be there the first time, but why let such injustice go unanswered? Now, if the Ron Paul "official" campaign had any balls whatsoever, they would use that fund raising mailing list and notify every single person from Nevada what went on, and PERSONALLY ask them to make their presence at the convention! Maybe people (in addition to myself of course) should actually call the campaign and request this!

If the Nevada GOP thought it sucked when a couple hundred were there, wait till they get a load of the other thousand or so that show up to the next one! It is very important that those that do go, get every single person they can scavenge (family........friends.......co-workers) and go to the new one. I'm sure this could easily lead to a couple thousand Ron Paulers at the convention........if they thought a 2/3rds majority was bad, imagine THAT! Ron Paulers could pass any party rules they wished, INCLUDING ELECTING A NEW CHAIRMAN! Make sure you elect the new chairman before the whole show kicks off, and of course, make sure he's for our guy!

They cut us, regardless of the low down dirty crap they pulled to do it, they hurt us bad there.......but instead of moaping about it lets actually do something about it! (ironic to be saying that since i cannot do anything since i'm from Florida....but still). We could still turn this into a total victory, we just have to mobilize every single person we can get from Nevada!

123tim
04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
If they do redo the Nevada convention, everyone in Nevada needs to be there. I realize that some have already expended great expense and hardship to be there the first time, but why let such injustice go unanswered? Now, if the Ron Paul "official" campaign had any balls whatsoever, they would use that fund raising mailing list and notify every single person from Nevada what went on, and PERSONALLY ask them to make their presence at the convention! Maybe people (in addition to myself of course) should actually call the campaign and request this!

If the Nevada GOP thought it sucked when a couple hundred were there, wait till they get a load of the other thousand or so that show up to the next one! It is very important that those that do go, get every single person they can scavenge (family........friends.......co-workers) and go to the new one. I'm sure this could easily lead to a couple thousand Ron Paulers at the convention........if they thought a 2/3rds majority was bad, imagine THAT! Ron Paulers could pass any party rules they wished, INCLUDING ELECTING A NEW CHAIRMAN! Make sure you elect the new chairman before the whole show kicks off, and of course, make sure he's for our guy!

They cut us, regardless of the low down dirty crap they pulled to do it, they hurt us bad there.......but instead of moaping about it lets actually do something about it! (ironic to be saying that since i cannot do anything since i'm from Florida....but still). We could still turn this into a total victory, we just have to mobilize every single person we can get from Nevada!

Sounds like a good idea.

From my experiences in Pennsylvania, we're expected to do this sort of thing ourselves. I'm starting to realize that this is part of the Ron Paul message.

I know that there are people (coordinators) who already have lists of Nevada Ron Paul supporters out there.

Do we have what it takes to make this happen?

I think that a lot of people are going to need extra funds.

PaulineDisciple
04-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

From my experiences in Pennsylvania, we're expected to do this sort of thing ourselves. I'm starting to realize that this is part of the Ron Paul message.

I know that there are people (coordinators) who already have lists of Nevada Ron Paul supporters out there.

Do we have what it takes to make this happen?

I think that a lot of people are going to need extra funds.

I'd certainly chip in for this cause!

armstrong
04-30-2008, 08:21 AM
many of us would chip in for this,,,go ron paul and all of this movements supporters

filmmaker58
04-30-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm a county coordinator in Nevada. As soon as we have a date. I'll be contacting every delegate supporter in my county to make sure they go. There are many that it will be a huge burden on, but we were the first in the Nation to have our State convention, and we MUST set the standard. If not for their stall tactics, we probably would have had 20 of the 34 delegates. Now, although we may lose a few, by their tactics have gotten national exposure on what is possible. So it will end up costing them in the long run.

Scribbler de Stebbing
04-30-2008, 10:25 AM

I'm sure they would have to be delegates. You can't bring in guys off the street. That said, every Ron Paul delegate AND alternate should absolutely be there. That's what I'm telling folks in MN. Lead the way, Nevada!

tmosley
04-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Are there any plans to sue the party leadership, or bring criminal charges against them? It seems to me that their actions must have been illegal.

bojo68
04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Are there any plans to sue the party leadership, or bring criminal charges against them? It seems to me that their actions must have been illegal.

I for one get real ticked when people mess with my plans, and regardless of all else, Beers certainly did that to every attendee. As such, I feel he or the Mevada should be liable for not only the costs for everyone to reattend, but being as their time is being wasted beyond what should have been done with the original time available, they should be PAID FOR THEIR TIME. That's right, it's time to show how such behavior can RALLY BURN those pulling it.

flames2dust77
04-30-2008, 12:57 PM
I for one get real ticked when people mess with my plans, and regardless of all else, Beers certainly did that to every attendee. As such, I feel he or the Mevada should be liable for not only the costs for everyone to reattend, but being as their time is being wasted beyond what should have been done with the original time available, they should be PAID FOR THEIR TIME. That's right, it's time to show how such behavior can RALLY BURN those pulling it.

qft

123tim
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm a county coordinator in Nevada. As soon as we have a date. I'll be contacting every delegate supporter in my county to make sure they go. There are many that it will be a huge burden on, but we were the first in the Nation to have our State convention, and we MUST set the standard. If not for their stall tactics, we probably would have had 20 of the 34 delegates. Now, although we may lose a few, by their tactics have gotten national exposure on what is possible. So it will end up costing them in the long run.

Could someone organize some sort of fund raiser?

How do those chip-ins work?
Does most of the money go towards the fund or is a lot taken off of the top?
How can we be sure that the money gets to where it should be going?

Hope that a lot of us can help.

I remember seeing the price tag for our convention and thinking "That's going to hurt" I can't imagine paying for it twice.

MozoVote
04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Could someone organize some sort of fund raiser?
How do those chip-ins work?
Does most of the money go towards the fund or is a lot taken off of the top?
How can we be sure that the money gets to where it should be going?

There are two chip-ins for the Nevada Round#2. Look at the bottom of this post.

http://jasonsouthwell.com/post/33110077

Dave39168
04-30-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm sure they would have to be delegates. You can't bring in guys off the street. That said, every Ron Paul delegate AND alternate should absolutely be there. That's what I'm telling folks in MN. Lead the way, Nevada!

Yes and No:
I would imagine that its an open meeting. people off the street could probably sit in the gallery and show our strength in numbers, but couldn't vote or make motions. In some meetings, people from the gallery are allowed to speak pro or con to a motion once (I think this requires 2/3 vote to allow them to do this and depends on the bilaws, procedures, etc.) Its not a bad idea to bring a crowd with you, but do realize that they won't be able to cast a vote.

123tim
05-03-2008, 08:01 AM
There are two chip-ins for the Nevada Round#2. Look at the bottom of this post.

http://jasonsouthwell.com/post/33110077

Bump