PDA

View Full Version : Have You Joined Your Local GOP?

patiently
04-29-2008, 02:22 PM
This is the most important thing we should all be doing right now!

Melissa
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I have been working with them for months and yes this is the only way to get things done

CAKochenash
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I have joined. Been extremely polite and kind. And, they hate me. I friggen love it. My party now bidgezzz....:D:D:D:D:D

Melissa
04-29-2008, 02:28 PM
I have joined. Been extremely polite and kind. And, they hate me. I friggen love it. My party now bidgezzz....:D:D:D:D:D

Thats ok we love you charlie hehe

patiently
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
I have been working with them for months and yes this is the only way to get things done

Have you had to help them campaign for NON-Ron Paul republicans? That's the hard part. I'm looking for more people where I live. It sucks being the only Ron Paul republican in the local party.

rancher89
04-29-2008, 02:43 PM
LOL, I not only joined, I'm an executive officer in one of their new clubs! They all know that I (and the rest of our group who are members also) am a RP supporter, I declared for him when I got elected alternate delegate to the national. The chairman of the county gop was there and congratulated me on being an alternate and my new position in the club.....

I so much feel out of place on one hand, on the other, EVERYONE has been so nice, so welcoming......if we had done this sooner we may have had delegates from the 9th district too.......

MozoVote
04-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Among the NC districts it sounds like 9th, 12th, and 2nd have been the most open to Paulites... because they really need new members and they ran clean conventions. The Good'ol'Boy network is running some of the other districts, though - and Paul supporters have been "welcomed there with squinted eyes." :rolleyes:

raystone
04-29-2008, 04:47 PM
LOL, I not only joined, I'm an executive officer in one of their new clubs! They all know that I (and the rest of our group who are members also) am a RP supporter, I declared for him when I got elected alternate delegate to the national. The chairman of the county gop was there and congratulated me on being an alternate and my new position in the club.....

I so much feel out of place on one hand, on the other, EVERYONE has been so nice, so welcoming......if we had done this sooner we may have had delegates from the 9th district too.......

this is great ! and from ancedotal evidence, it seems to be happening countless times over across the country !

----

CoreyBowen999
04-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I will be 18... April 26th, 2011

hopeforamerica
04-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Yep, and we are not liked by the old guard at all. It's fun trying to outnumber them though. Two of our guys went out and recruited 4 more Ron Paul people to become PC's. We need about 15-20 more to become the majority!

TheConstitutionLives
04-29-2008, 05:36 PM
This is our best way in, guys.

ronpaulhawaii
04-29-2008, 05:45 PM

Well then! A belated happy b'day to ya there!:cool: It's great knowing that you are learning for 2012...

Yep, and we are not liked by the old guard at all. It's fun trying to outnumber them though. Two of our guys went out and recruited 4 more Ron Paul people to become PC's. We need about 15-20 more to become the majority!

:D

:)

I'm tellin ya, we're catchin on!:eek:

Jeremy
04-29-2008, 06:51 PM

In my state you can register at 17. May be the same for you.

surf
04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
yes, but it makes me feel dirty (our County platform - which we were unable to amend due to a lack of a quorum - calls for mainting the "historical" doctrine of "pre-emptive" war)

rancher89
04-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Hang in there, things will change

Dave39168
04-29-2008, 08:45 PM
As of 4-26, Executive committee member in my county's GOP

joemiller
04-30-2008, 08:57 AM
All who see a return to our founding values as essential to saving our R3volution and the Republic, should see obtaining their rightful seat on their local GOP Executive Committiees as their next step. Those who don't, have failed both.

joe

rancher89
04-30-2008, 09:07 AM
We have 8 open at large seats in our district, the meeting is on the3rd, you couldn't keep me away, actually dreamed I had the flu and went anyway---yes, I dream about the r3volution.....

joemiller
04-30-2008, 09:31 AM
We have 8 open at large seats in our district, the meeting is on the3rd, you couldn't keep me away, actually dreamed I had the flu and went anyway---yes, I dream about the r3volution.....

What does that mean? Are you talking about your county Republican Party's Executive Committee?

joe

RPTXState
04-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Our local GOP is chaired by Craig Young, a true conservative.

Anyone in Hays County, Texas need to join ASAP

rancher89
04-30-2008, 12:38 PM
What does that mean? Are you talking about your county Republican Party's Executive Committee?

joe

Sorry I didn't make that clear, our District 12, here in NC, has 8 at large seats open for their executive committee.

vitaminb12
04-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Is there a guide somewhere on the things we should be doing within our local GOP once we've joined? I'm new to this entire process and I don't really know where to start.

RPTXState
04-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Is there a guide somewhere on the things we should be doing within our local GOP once we've joined? I'm new to this entire process and I don't really know where to start.

If your precinct has no chair...apply! It's nearly impossible to form an arguement why not to fill and empty seat.

If your precinct does have a chair....talk to him/her. Ask when the meeting are, how you can help, etc

Regular meetings are public, except during "executive session", and that only happens when someone is being appointed etc...

NCGOPer_for_Paul
04-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I've been a Republican my entire life, well okay, save for the year and a half when I went Libertarian and ran for Congress in the same district BJ Lawson is running in.

I was active in the GOP before Ron Paul and will be active after Ron Paul. I just hope Ron Paul's run got more old school conservatives active in the GOP, so we can take it back.

I'm actually the Vice-President of the group rancher is in. We have 3 Paul supporters out of 7 officers :).

I was at the Mecklenburg County Executive Meeting on Monday evening. NOBODY HAD ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT RON PAUL!!! The leaders of the party know what kind of leadership and passion we've brought with the Paul campaign. Many of the local judicial candidates are VERY Constitutional, and are very impressed with Ron Paul.

We are being accepted here. One supporter was actually asked to run for NC State House.

Highland
04-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Yes and they are McCain crazy and most of them suck. It is very hard to stomach them. Bless my soul.

pepperpete1
04-30-2008, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=CAKochenash;1425030]I have joined. Been extremely polite and kind. And, they hate me. I friggen love it. My party now bidgezzz....:D:D:D:D:D[/QUOTE

You need to show them your picture of you and President Bush! LOL

joemiller
05-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Sorry I didn't make that clear, our District 12, here in NC, has 8 at large seats open for their executive committee.

Rancher,

Okay, I am not familiar with the election process of NC. But I can assure you, there is a process in place that will allow you to run for your "county" seat, as well as the "At large" positions. Of course, if they all have a vote on the Executive Committee, take whatever seat becomes available first. Check the by-laws of your local party structure to get the correct information.

In addition, there will also be a process to "elect" the "State" representatives for the 12th District, please become familiar with that process as well if possible.

joe

joemiller
05-01-2008, 06:56 AM
I've been a Republican my entire life, well okay, save for the year and a half when I went Libertarian and ran for Congress in the same district BJ Lawson is running in.

I was active in the GOP before Ron Paul and will be active after Ron Paul. I just hope Ron Paul's run got more old school conservatives active in the GOP, so we can take it back.

I'm actually the Vice-President of the group rancher is in. We have 3 Paul supporters out of 7 officers :).

I was at the Mecklenburg County Executive Meeting on Monday evening. NOBODY HAD ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT RON PAUL!!! The leaders of the party know what kind of leadership and passion we've brought with the Paul campaign. Many of the local judicial candidates are VERY Constitutional, and are very impressed with Ron Paul.

We are being accepted here. One supporter was actually asked to run for NC State House.

If we local GOP old-timers can get these fresh, young whipper-snappers into our local executive committees (en mass), maybe we can take our party back from the moneyed-interest who have stolen it.

All Ron Paul supporters have to do is become familiar with their own local county GOP election process and participate. I am hoping the Ron Paul campaign would help organize this effort through their new web design efforts.

joe

weslinder
05-01-2008, 08:03 AM
I joined, became active, and was elected (unopposed) as Precinct Chairman. The Jefferson County, Texas, GOP Chairman - Shane Howard - is even more liberty-minded than I am. And because of him, I have a pretty good chance of becoming a National Delegate (or at least Alternate).

joemiller
05-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I joined, became active, and was elected (unopposed) as Precinct Chairman. The Jefferson County, Texas, GOP Chairman - Shane Howard - is even more liberty-minded than I am. And because of him, I have a pretty good chance of becoming a National Delegate (or at least Alternate).

As an example, how are your Executive Committee members chosen for your county's Republican Party?

How are the state representatives for your county chosen to participate in your State Republican Party?

In point of fact, every Paulista should be able to answer these two very, very important questions and be willing to act on them.

joe

rancher89
05-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Rancher,

Okay, I am not familiar with the election process of NC. But I can assure you, there is a process in place that will allow you to run for your "county" seat, as well as the "At large" positions. Of course, if they all have a vote on the Executive Committee, take whatever seat becomes available first. Check the by-laws of your local party structure to get the correct information.

In addition, there will also be a process to "elect" the "State" representatives for the 12th District, please become familiar with that process as well if possible.

joe

Yes, it's a learning process and I'm working on it. These at large seats are the first that have come up since I started paying attention to what the gop has going on. The gop is weak in our 12th district and as such the positions should be fairly easy to obtain.....

weslinder
05-01-2008, 01:24 PM
As an example, how are your Executive Committee members chosen for your county's Republican Party?

The Executive Committee is made up of the Precinct Chairpersons. If there is an open seat, a member can be appointed by the Executive committee. If it is contested, it appears as a race on the primary ballot.

How are the state representatives for your county chosen to participate in your State Republican Party?

We don't have county representation, per se. Our county is made up of portions of two State Senate Districts. The SREC members are chosen at the State Convention in the Senatorial District Caucuses. One man and one woman represents each Senate District. We do have a well-qualified Liberty-minded woman running for the women's SREC spot (the current representative is term-limited), but she's from two counties over, and I don't really know her.

pepperpete1
05-01-2008, 02:53 PM
I just got back from filling out my affidavit of identy, had it notarized and turned it in to the township clerk. Now my name will go on the ballot for precinct delegate. Small potatoes I know but the opening was there, so I am going for it. That is in Michigan. Allegan County.

joemiller
05-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I just got back from filling out my affidavit of identity, had it notarized and turned it in to the township clerk. Now my name will go on the ballot for precinct delegate. Small potatoes I know but the opening was there, so I am going for it. That is in Michigan. Allegheny County.

No, you are wrong...it's a very big step. It is a step I will wager few of Ron Paul supporters will actually have the courage to take for themselves and yet you have. Congratulations.

I would hope the Ron Paul campaign can at least send out an email message to all of his supporters in your precinct asking them to contact you and support your efforts.

Can you tell me what can of a selection process you will be undertaking?

And what about your "State" GOP representative position? Since you now know the procedure, why don't you place your name in nomination for that position as well?

joe

joemiller
05-01-2008, 05:00 PM
The Executive Committee is made up of the Precinct Chairpersons. If there is an open seat, a member can be appointed by the Executive committee. If it is contested, it appears as a race on the primary ballot.

We don't have county representation, per se. Our county is made up of portions of two State Senate Districts. The SREC members are chosen at the State Convention in the Senatorial District Caucuses. One man and one woman represents each Senate District. We do have a well-qualified Liberty-minded woman running for the women's SREC spot (the current representative is term-limited), but she's from two counties over, and I don't really know her.

I see. But there must be a time when all precinct chair-person's seats are open for re-election. Their terms of office are usually set for a specific amount of time after which the seat is open for re-election; is this not correct?

So your "county" representatives to your State party are not, in fact, elected by the general membership in your own county, but must pick themselves up and travel to wherever the State convention is just to vote on their own State party representatives?

I sure hope you get a hold of your State and county GOP by-laws and check all of this out -- something doesn't sound very fair to me in that kind of a set up, or I am simply missing something.

joe

joemiller
05-01-2008, 05:12 PM
As of 4-26, Executive committee member in my county's GOP

Congratulations, well done.

Would you mind enlightening us on how you achieved your Executive Committee seat so that others may learn from your experience and perhaps become inspired to follow your lead?

joe

weslinder
05-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I see. But there must be a time when all precinct chair-person's seats are open for re-election. Their terms of office are usually set for a specific amount of time after which the seat is open for re-election; is this not correct?

Precinct chairpersons serve 2 year terms, elected in even-numbered years on the primary ballot. There are no term limits. Sorry for not making that clear.

So your "county" representatives to your State party are not, in fact, elected by the general membership in your own county, but must pick themselves up and travel to wherever the State convention is just to vote on their own State party representatives?

I sure hope you get a hold of your State and county GOP by-laws and check all of this out -- something doesn't sound very fair to me in that kind of a set up, or I am simply missing something.

joe

Fair or not, counties aren't represented individually in the Texas State Republican Party. Representation is done by State Senate District, and those representatives are chosen at the State Convention by the delegates. The general membership's only vote is on delegates.

In the Texas GOP, power is really in the hands of the most active.

pepperpete1
05-01-2008, 05:34 PM
No, you are wrong...it's a very big step. It is a step I will wager few of Ron Paul supporters will actually have the courage to take for themselves and yet you have. Congratulations.

I would hope the Ron Paul campaign can at least send out an email message to all of his supporters in your precinct asking them to contact you and support your efforts.

Can you tell me what can of a selection process you will be undertaking?

And what about your "State" GOP representative position? Since you now know the procedure, why don't you place your name in nomination for that position as well?

joe

Could you rephrase your questions. I do not understand what it is you are asking me. Our "state" GOP representatives, do you mean party chairman? He has had his position for awhile and is one of the loyalists. I haven't even paid any dues yet.lol

MozoVote
05-01-2008, 06:37 PM
I'd agree with NCGOPerForPaul that it appears that Mecklenburg county is making an effort to fold Paulites into the party structure.

I even got a call from the GOP asking me if I'd be interested in being a precinct organizer, for the one I was elected from at convention. I said I'd think it over... I just moved from that precinct, but still have rental property there. Although, I have other reasons in my life too that could make it difficult to commit for 2 years.

In any case - he gave my the organizer's name for my new precinct and asked me to stay involved with the party. It confirms that the local level people are not all "Hannitized". Our real problem is with the national leadership.

bcreps85
05-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Planning on it. Just finished college and am not sure where I'll end up living in the next few months. Once I'm settled I plan on taking them by storm :) Or getting jumped by Neocon f#cks if I end up in an area alone lol...

joemiller
05-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Could you rephrase your questions. I do not understand what it is you are asking me. Our "state" GOP representatives, do you mean party chairman? He has had his position for awhile and is one of the loyalists. I haven't even paid any dues yet.lol

Our county has all their "precinct" chairpersons elected to their seat on the Executive Committee once every four years (at a general election). This is how the local county Executive Committee is formed.

Now each county also must elect two members from their Executive Committee (one male, one female) as the county's "State"representative to the State GOP. For us, this position also is an elected position in the general election, and also requires the candidates to place their names on the ballot. So in effect, along with placing your name on the ballot for a seat on your own local county Executive Committee, I was just asking you if you can also go ahead and place your name on the ballot for a seat on the Executive Committee for the "State" GOP for your county.

joe

pepperpete1
05-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Our county has all their "precinct" chairpersons elected to their seat on the Executive Committee once every four years (at a general election). This is how the local county Executive Committee is formed.

Now each county also must elect two members from their Executive Committee (one male, one female) as the county's "State"representative to the State GOP. For us, this position also is an elected position in the general election, and also requires the candidates to place their names on the ballot. So in effect, along with placing your name on the ballot for a seat on your own local county Executive Committee, I was just asking you if you can also go ahead and place your name on the ballot for a seat on the Executive Committee for the "State" GOP for your county.

joe

We only have 2 delegates for my precinct. No chairman. So the answer is No to being put on the ballot for the Executive Committee for the MIGOP.

The precinct delegates that are elected this year will be going to the county convention next year to nominate and elect delegates to the state convention.

The precinct delegates serve a two year term.

joemiller
05-03-2008, 06:32 AM
We only have 2 delegates for my precinct. No chairman. So the answer is No to being put on the ballot for the Executive Committee for the MIGOP.

The precinct delegates that are elected this year will be going to the county convention next year to nominate and elect delegates to the state convention.

The precinct delegates serve a two year term.

Okay, so if I understand you correctly, you have a Republican Party operating (holding monthly meetings) in your county. The Executive Committee of your county GOP is made up of precinct delegates. And next year, presumably at one of your county GOP meetings, you all will elect your two "State" delegates to the MIGOP Executive Committee; correct?

joe

rancher89
05-03-2008, 07:24 AM
I'll post about our district meeting later today (where we will be selecting people for the eight open at large seats) I'm not sure about our district rules, but they can't differ too much from the state rules, so we'll see. Oh, yeah, I'm going to see about getting a copy of the district rules while I'm there, diplomatically as I am able to.........(they aren't posted anywhere on their website.) If it means I have to be a precinct chair, I'm sure that can be taken care of in the same meeting, I mean we had 30 people show up for the district convention, so this meeting probably won't have even that many show up. We're having the meeting at a BBQ joint......

joemiller
05-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Precinct chairpersons serve 2 year terms, elected in even-numbered years on the primary ballot. There are no term limits. Sorry for not making that clear.

Fair or not, counties aren't represented individually in the Texas State Republican Party. Representation is done by State Senate District, and those representatives are chosen at the State Convention by the delegates. The general membership's only vote is on delegates.

In the Texas GOP, power is really in the hands of the most active.,

So you have no county GOP holding monthly meetings at all. The closest GOP organization you have representing you is a Senate "district" GOP organization, of which, as a "precinct chairperson, you are a voting member on its Executive Committee; is that correct?

joe

joemiller
05-03-2008, 07:51 AM
I'll post about our district meeting later today (where we will be selecting people for the eight open at large seats) I'm not sure about our district rules, but they can't differ too much from the state rules, so we'll see. Oh, yeah, I'm going to see about getting a copy of the district rules while I'm there, diplomatically as I am able to.........(they aren't posted anywhere on their website.) If it means I have to be a precinct chair, I'm sure that can be taken care of in the same meeting, I mean we had 30 people show up for the district convention, so this meeting probably won't have even that many show up. We're having the meeting at a BBQ joint......

Let me ask you....do you have a "county" GOP holding monthly meetings, along with a "State" GOP organization, or do you have a "District" GOP organization, along with a State GOP organization?

joe

NCGOPer_for_Paul
05-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Let me ask you....do you have a "county" GOP holding monthly meetings, along with a "State" GOP organization, or do you have a "District" GOP organization, along with a State GOP organization?

joe

joemiller,

I'm in NC too, so I can answer this.

We actually have both.

There is the county organization, which is led by the County Chair and County co-chair. There are the regular slate of officers, AND an Executive Board that meets every month. There is also the Executive Committee, which meets two or three times a year. Getting on the Committee is simple. This gets decided at Precinct Organizational meetings every other year (odd years). We also get down into the Precinct level, but so many precincts are completely unorganized, that becoming a Precinct chair is sometimes as easy as just going to the meeting.

Congressional District Organization is very much the same. The Board meets regualrly, depending on District. This board are also members of the State Executive Committee, which meets three times a year, but never gets anything done because they can never get a quorum. That's there own doing. The party won't go to tele-conferencing or conference calls, or whatever to accommodate people from the mountains to the beaches.

State is fed by both county and district. There are over 500 members of State Executive Committee.

erin moore
05-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Yes! precint captain, district and state delegate.

elected to board of directors of county executive committee as youth chair.

rancher89
05-03-2008, 01:51 PM
The three of us were all elected to the at large executive committee seats today. For the eight seats, eight people showed up......We are all known ron paul supporters and we had quite a civil but lively discussion about the future of the 12th district and what needs to be done. It looks positive...