PDA

View Full Version : Revolution MoneyExchange

goldenequity
04-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Revolution MoneyExchange
April 29th, 2008

There is now a no fee alternative to PayPal available to U.S. bank account holders.

Revolution MoneyExchange allows money transfers between members for free; no fees at all to make or receive electronic payments.

PayPal skims off about 4% in fees (so does Amazon Honor System). Anyone who uses PayPal for transaction clearing just shrugs this off as a cost of doing business…

With MoneyExchange, the recipient receives 100% of what you send. If you run a website, or sell things on eBay or through some other venue, you will receive 100% of the money that your MoneyExchange readers or customers send you.

MoneyExchange is for people who refuse to use PayPal under any circumstances and/or refuse to use credit cards.

If you sign up for a MoneyExchange account, they’ll give you $25. That’s $25 that you can withdraw into your bank account to spend as you please.

Check it out: http://www.revolutionmone...

If you decide that you would like to get $25 for signing up, you can sign up via ronpaulaudio and they’ll credit me with a $10 commission. (That’s $25 to you and $10 to me (up to a $600 cap.)

RonPaulAudio
I am currently trying to raise funds to pay the Hosting fees to keep ronpaulaudio.com as a reference audio library available to all.
This seems like a good way to do it.

If it sounds good to you, here's my referral link below to get started.

https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/ReferAFriend/ReferAFriend_landing.aspx?referreremail=netwoiks@g mail.com (https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/ReferAFriend/ReferAFriend_landing.aspx?referreremail=netwoiks@g mail.com)

There are lots of individuals and organizations out there who are doing very good work and could use $25. Revolution MoneyExchange is backed by billionaires and venture capital firms who are willing to pay out this money in an attempt to take on PayPal.

For the moment, you can get $25 from these people for essentially no effort on your part, and re-purpose that money for some good purpose. I know, most people will buy gas or food for themselves, because those things are getting more expensive by the day. But, if you’re so inclined, consider seeking out and sending some or all of your free $25 to the Ron Paul campaign....... imagine if all of us did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a reprint of their Terms and Conditions page:

$25 sign up bonus is only available for first-time Revolution MoneyExchange accountholders, and will be paid only once to any individual. Persons under 18 years of age are not eligible. Persons who currently have or at any time have had an account with Revolution MoneyExchange are not eligible. Employees that serve in or have a primary function in the payment operations area of Revolution Money Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate. To take advantage of this bonus, you must register for an account at www.revolutionmoneyexchan... by May 15, 2008. This bonus may not be combined with other account registration offers or sign-up bonuses and/or if you respond to an offer and register from a link that does not feature, reference, display or advertise this $25 sign up bonus. To become an accountholder, you must complete the account registration and pass the identity verification measures. The $25 bonus will be credited as a pending transaction to your MoneyExchange account within twenty-four hours of your account approval. The Annual Percentage Yield is 0%. To accept the $25 bonus and have it transferred into your MoneyExchange account for immediate use, you must login into your account and accept the $25 bonus within 30 days from the date we notify you of the availability of this bonus at the e-mail address you provided during your account registration. If you fail to accept the bonus within the 30 day time period, you agree that any pending bonus will be forfeited and Revolution MoneyExchange shall have no obligation or duty to remit any bonus or compensation to you whatsoever for a forfeited bonus.
NOTE: This bonus will be rendered null and void and you agree that you shall automatically forfeit your ability to collect a $25 sign up bonus if you click "request a different amount" when attempting to collect the sign-up bonus or any other attempt made by you in an effort to request or negotiate an amount of money greater than the stated $25 bonus from us in connection with this promotion.
Accounts must be in good standing at the time of the $25 credit. All accounts are subject to approval. All accountholders must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States (U.S.) with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. Revolution MoneyExchange Accountholders may not receive $600 or more in compensation in any one calendar year from special promotional programs sponsored by Revolution Money Inc. This cap may affect an Accountholders ability to participate in or earn bonuses or credits from other special promotions sponsored by Revolution Money during the applicable calendar year. This bonus may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice and is not transferable. Void where prohibited.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Can it handle credit card sales?

goldenequity
04-29-2008, 01:50 PM
I am still reading through all their stuff.....

I'm not seeing credit card processing.....

I remember when PayPal first started out.... there were no fees.
They made their money on the funds that were resting in the accounts between the transactions.

The $25 thing is obviously promotional till May 15th to get the thing launched and developed. The signup appears exactly the same as Paypal..... they make 2 small deposits into your funding account that you confirm as deposits.

Other than that, I will just watch and see where they take this thing.

szczebrzeszyn
04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
I remember when PayPal first started out.... there were no fees.

That's a pretty common scheme for such businesses. They need a huge user base to make people dependent on the service. Then, they come up with the fees and people pay, because there is no real alternative and they have to continue their business.
PayPal, Ebay etc. It's extremely hard to break their monopoly - it usually happens only on the local level (e.g. in my country there is other auction system, which is MUCH bigger than Ebay in this particular country).

And it's very hard to make people sign up for different service than the one they are already using. I was doing little business with people around the world. Guys from USA or JAPAN didn't even want to hear about anything but PayPal.

goldenequity
04-29-2008, 03:26 PM
I thought I would report to this thread what's happened so far...

When I go to "my account" at the moneyexchange site,

the initial $25 showed as a "pending" deposit.... I clicked to "accept" it and it
immediately posted as deposited into the account.

3 referrals have now appeared as "pending" deposits of $10 each.
waiting for me to "accept" them. There is no reference as to who they are.
So I guess I'll just give you my thanks here on the thread.
I will treat this as a chip-in and use it for www.ronpaulaudio.com

It takes 2-3 days for the process of them making their token deposits into my
"funding account", after which you "validate" you personal bank account by acknowledging those small deposits. (same security process as Paypal).

I plan to transfer "their" money into my checking account and then watch their success or failure against Paypal/Ebay. :cool:

goldenequity
04-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks Angela and Anita.... it registered.
btw... these are just bankers competing with other bankers.... absolutely NO connection to anything Libertarian.
We will probably see the word "Revolution" tacked on to deodorant some day.
All the best.... and enjoy their money!
Thanks for your support.
randy
www.ronpaulaudio.com

me3
04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
bump

szczebrzeszyn
04-29-2008, 04:35 PM
I plan to transfer "their" money into my checking account and then watch their success or failure against Paypal/Ebay. :cool:

Oh yeah, I'm curious it that would work :) You know, people registering only to get their $25 and forget about the site.

goldenequity
04-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah I'm sure they weighed the risk vs. benefits..... after all, they ARE bankers. :eek:

You can't come out swinging against something as entrenched as Paypal without
spending big money up front..... unless you have a "new" concept or idea...... which they don't.

They're just doing the market thing...... offering a competing service for "less" which STILL doesn't work if nobody knows about it..... so they're obviously prepared to spend millions to make it (hope it) goes viral through the internet.

Offering a cash reward type sign-up is getting more and more common.... but they usually "apply" it as a credit against fees. This one doesn't do that..... kind of blows your mind though that they would take such risk. :eek:

robert4rp08
04-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Pros:
1. No transfer fees*

Cons:
1. Giving bank account information to new site
2. Requires SSN
3. Run by AOL execs
4. Trying to profit from the "revolution" name brand
5. No credit card transactions

* Paypal started the same way. These bankers will eventually do the same.

Conclusion: Sticking with Paypal.

Bruno
04-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Use the $25 to buy two copies of the Manifesto.

goldenequity
04-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Well here's the scoreboard so far....

6 people have signed up:
so that's

You: $150.00
rpaudio: $ 60.00

Bankers: -$210.00

:)

Thanks 4 helping

goldenequity
04-29-2008, 08:35 PM
cool... now 7

Bankers: - $245.00

goldenequity
04-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Also...
It will be interesting to see how/if they plan to penetrate Ebay with this.... I doubt whether Paypal is just going to roll over and wet itself over this:D.... if I find out anything I will post it to this thread.

Razmear
04-30-2008, 02:47 AM
Signed up with your referral link.
I hate PayPal, but it's a necessary evil right now, so hopefully these guys can put some competition in the marketplace. Even if they don't wipe em out, maybe they'll get Paypal to lower their fees when they see some competition.

I put there referral link on my http://FreeSharing.org site to try and scrape up some referral cash, now we just need to get apmex.com to take payment from them. (apmex will be getting a good chunk of my stimulus check when it hits this week).

eb

szczebrzeszyn
04-30-2008, 03:40 AM
Also...
It will be interesting to see how/if they plan to penetrate Ebay with this.... I doubt whether Paypal is just going to roll over and wet itself over this:D.... if I find out anything I will post it to this thread.

AFAIR Ebay is slowly trying to forbid any payment methods but PayPal - I think they are testing this in AU - anyone from AU to confirm this?
BTW. Have you withdrawn your money from this service to your bank?

goldenequity
04-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Signed up with your referral link.
Thanks Raz :)

Here's my referral link

https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/images/raf_signup.gif
https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/ReferAFriend/ReferAFriend_landing.aspx?referreremail=netwoiks@g mail.com (https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/ReferAFriend/ReferAFriend_landing.aspx?referreremail=netwoiks@g mail.com)

goldenequity
04-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Bankers: - $280.00

;)

RonPaulVolunteer
04-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Pros:
1. No transfer fees*

Cons:
1. Giving bank account information to new site
2. Requires SSN
3. Run by AOL execs
4. Trying to profit from the "revolution" name brand
5. No credit card transactions

* Paypal started the same way. These bankers will eventually do the same.

Conclusion: Sticking with Paypal.

Yeah, good way to identify all the revolution people. Way to go. Stay the hell away.

robert4rp08
04-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Also...

ebay owns paypal...

goldenequity
04-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah, good way to identify all the revolution people. Way to go. Stay the hell away.

Yup.... they'll NEVER be able to identify us without this.... good thinking. :rolleyes:

goldenequity
04-30-2008, 01:14 PM
All I know is this:
these bankers have now transferred $375 of their money into our accounts to promote this thing.

The plan is to establish the account, leave nothing in it, and monitor their progress penetrating the market (buyers/sellers/merchants) in the coming months.
Nothing wrong with competition..... even among thieving bankers.

That's about all there is to it.

I mean isn't there more credible stuff to get paranoid over?
If you wanted to identify and create a database on rp supporters/revolutionaries this would be a pretty idiotic way of doing it don't ya think?

berrybunches
04-30-2008, 01:34 PM
I have made about $95 using this and I am trying to get people to use it for my ebay sales.
If you guys want referrals for it try using safe lists or traffic exchanges

There are about a zillion ways to make easy money like this on the internet.

Knightskye
04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Can we use this to buy something somewhere, or do sites not accept it yet?

If you wanted to identify and create a database on rp supporters/revolutionaries this would be a pretty idiotic way of doing it don't ya think?

Uhh, no. The "Revolution" thing is there to lure them in - roach motel. They'll track our purchases.

Razmear
04-30-2008, 02:02 PM
I added the referral button to one of my sites ( freesharing.org ) and let folks know about it and I got one $10 referral from someone who told me that the site could not authenticate her, but I got paid anyways.
Just posting as an FYI, not to entice you to do anything imorral that might put more cash in my account. I'm guessing they are smart enough to log IPs to determine multiple unauthenticated referrals from the same pc.

eb

me3
04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks! This is great! :D

Revolution MoneyExchange
April 29th, 2008

There is now a no fee alternative to PayPal available to U.S. bank account holders.

Revolution MoneyExchange allows money transfers between members for free; no fees at all to make or receive electronic payments.

PayPal skims off about 4% in fees (so does Amazon Honor System). Anyone who uses PayPal for transaction clearing just shrugs this off as a cost of doing business…

With MoneyExchange, the recipient receives 100% of what you send. If you run a website, or sell things on eBay or through some other venue, you will receive 100% of the money that your MoneyExchange readers or customers send you.

MoneyExchange is for people who refuse to use PayPal under any circumstances and/or refuse to use credit cards.

If you sign up for a MoneyExchange account, they’ll give you $25. That’s $25 that you can withdraw into your bank account to spend as you please.

Check it out: https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/ReferAFriend/ReferAFriend_landing.aspx?referreremail=netwoiks@g mail.com...

If you decide that you would like to get $25 for signing up, you can sign up via ronpaulaudio and they’ll credit me with a $10 commission. (That’s $25 to you and $10 to me (up to a $600 cap.)

RonPaulAudio
I am currently trying to raise funds to pay the Hosting fees to keep ronpaulaudio.com as a reference audio library available to all.
This seems like a good way to do it.

If it sounds good to you, here's my referral link below to get started.

There are lots of individuals and organizations out there who are doing very good work and could use $25. Revolution MoneyExchange is backed by billionaires and venture capital firms who are willing to pay out this money in an attempt to take on PayPal.

For the moment, you can get $25 from these people for essentially no effort on your part, and re-purpose that money for some good purpose. I know, most people will buy gas or food for themselves, because those things are getting more expensive by the day. But, if you’re so inclined, consider seeking out and sending some or all of your free $25 to the Ron Paul campaign....... imagine if all of us did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a reprint of their Terms and Conditions page:

$25 sign up bonus is only available for first-time Revolution MoneyExchange accountholders, and will be paid only once to any individual. Persons under 18 years of age are not eligible. Persons who currently have or at any time have had an account with Revolution MoneyExchange are not eligible. Employees that serve in or have a primary function in the payment operations area of Revolution Money Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate. To take advantage of this bonus, you must register for an account at www.revolutionmoneyexchan... by May 15, 2008. This bonus may not be combined with other account registration offers or sign-up bonuses and/or if you respond to an offer and register from a link that does not feature, reference, display or advertise this $25 sign up bonus. To become an accountholder, you must complete the account registration and pass the identity verification measures. The $25 bonus will be credited as a pending transaction to your MoneyExchange account within twenty-four hours of your account approval. The Annual Percentage Yield is 0%. To accept the $25 bonus and have it transferred into your MoneyExchange account for immediate use, you must login into your account and accept the $25 bonus within 30 days from the date we notify you of the availability of this bonus at the e-mail address you provided during your account registration. If you fail to accept the bonus within the 30 day time period, you agree that any pending bonus will be forfeited and Revolution MoneyExchange shall have no obligation or duty to remit any bonus or compensation to you whatsoever for a forfeited bonus.
NOTE: This bonus will be rendered null and void and you agree that you shall automatically forfeit your ability to collect a $25 sign up bonus if you click "request a different amount" when attempting to collect the sign-up bonus or any other attempt made by you in an effort to request or negotiate an amount of money greater than the stated $25 bonus from us in connection with this promotion.
Accounts must be in good standing at the time of the $25 credit. All accounts are subject to approval. All accountholders must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States (U.S.) with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. Revolution MoneyExchange Accountholders may not receive $600 or more in compensation in any one calendar year from special promotional programs sponsored by Revolution Money Inc. This cap may affect an Accountholders ability to participate in or earn bonuses or credits from other special promotions sponsored by Revolution Money during the applicable calendar year. This bonus may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice and is not transferable. Void where prohibited.

goldenequity
05-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the support me3.... Fund the Revolution with it! :D

Ron Paul's New Book, The Revolution: A Manifesto
Posted April 30, 2008
U.S News and World Report

He's back—though GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul never really left. (See his showing in the Pennsylvania primary, where, against presumed nominee John McCain, he picked up nearly 16 percent of the vote despite having effectively suspended his campaign months ago.)

Today, Paul's book, The Revolution: A Manifesto, is officially released and it's already zoomed to No. 8 on Amazon's bestseller list and is the top-selling political book. The Texas congressman is using today's launch to urge his fervent supporters to continue their libertarian "revolution."

In a message to supporters this morning, Paul says that the rest of American has "underestimated you," and urged them to descend on book stores to pick up "what my friends are calling..."Ron Paul's legacy."'

What he's also looking for are book proceeds, of course, to "fuel our revolution for a long time to come."

National Center for Constitutional Studies has a great new offer:

100 Pocket Booklets containing:
Constitution of the United States and Declaration of Independence

Cost: $30 AND free shipping included.

http://www.nccs.net/images/us_constitution.jpg

http://www.nccs.net/us_constitution.html

goldenequity
05-01-2008, 10:11 AM
BTW. Have you withdrawn your money from this service to your bank?

Yes, all the validation procedures finished this morning and I withdrew THEIR:D money this morning into a personal bank account.

Instead of transaction fees, they make their money on the funds that rest in the accounts between deposits and withdrawals. So it'll probably take 2-3 days for the withdrawal to land in my bank...... same as Paypal.

goldenequity
05-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Here's an update:

You: $475.00
rpaudio: $190.00 (thankyou)

bankers: - $665.00

This promo goes on until May 15th
https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/images/raf_signup.gif

goldenequity
05-02-2008, 09:47 AM
To the reluctant.....absolutely your choice and I can respect it.... thanks anyway.

This is voluntary of course and I don't want individuals to do anything that freaks them.

My point is that this new moneyexchange is no WORSE than Paypal (or any other banker thing) in requiring "papers please".

I personally like the idea of using the system's money to use against them. :D
I try to get as much of the money they've taken BACK on my side of the fence (like Ron Paul earmarking the taxes taken from his district while still opposing taxes).

In any case.... let us act (and not just talk!) Cheers. :)

angelatc
05-02-2008, 09:54 AM
That's a pretty common scheme for such businesses. They need a huge user base to make people dependent on the service. Then, they come up with the fees and people pay, because there is no real alternative and they have to continue their business.
PayPal, Ebay etc. It's extremely hard to break their monopoly - it usually happens only on the local level (e.g. in my country there is other auction system, which is MUCH bigger than Ebay in this particular country).

And it's very hard to make people sign up for different service than the one they are already using. I was doing little business with people around the world. Guys from USA or JAPAN didn't even want to hear about anything but PayPal.

I hate Paypal. I have no problem with a business that offers a promotional introductory offer, but Paypal's slogan was "ALWAYS FREE!" They put out daily propoganda pieces telling everybody that they could do that by earning money off the float. After a few months, they phased in non-free Business Accounts, but telling people that had accounts that they would *Never* force them to upgrade.

Then a few months later, they imposed limits on how much volume you could receive before they would force you to upgrade.

Turns out it was all a premeditated approach, according to a couple of books written about their initial successes. It wasn't that they had to change their business model - they purposely deceived the very people that believed in them, and worked to expand their business for them, early on.

I could write a small book about their heavy handed approach, but it won't change anything.

The people who use them are stupid, lazy sheep. It really grates on me when I see people who won't do business with anybody but PayPal, when they're the last company on earth that should be trusted. THey're hacked on a regular basis, their customer service is legendarily horrendous, they don't insure your money, yet people won't "trust" anybody else.

angelatc
05-02-2008, 09:58 AM
My point is that this new moneyexchange is no WORSE than Paypal (or any other banker thing) in requiring "papers please".

)

It looks like Revolution Money has a bank behind it, which might make it better than PayPal if your money is insured there.

angelatc
05-02-2008, 10:07 AM
I have made about $95 using this and I am trying to get people to use it for my ebay sales.

Be careful! YOu'll get banned from eBay for using a non-approved payment method.

Payment Services permitted on eBay: Allpay.net, Bidpay, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet.com, Moneybookers.com, Nochex.com, Ozpay.biz, Paymate.com.au, Propay.com, XOOM

They've begun insisting that sellers in the UK and Australia accept PayPal, and it's widely accepted that it is a matter of time before the make us 'mericans accept it as well.

While a little competition would do us good, eBay will not let that happen.

H Roark
05-02-2008, 12:11 PM
As soon as it asked for my SSN, I was done. It would be nice to see another company give PayPal a run for its money, but I don't think RME is going to be it.