PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Festival - Granny's Latest - 4/29/08

kittyc
04-29-2008, 11:34 AM
FREEDOM FESTIVAL

We are so proud of Bill Stegmeier of SD for producing the beautiful Bill Board in Rapid City South Dakota.

Our plans are coming together so quickly it is amazing. People are calling all day and night offering services, products and help with the organization of the Festival. It seems like this is something that's time has come.

We have added some new bands to perform. Great sounds for a summer Revolution Festival and Jack Blood is organizing the musical entertainment which will be going on daily.

This will be the 2008 "WOODSTOCK"

Imagine our own little tent city of family's out for a vacation on at very little expense at a time when every cent counts. Children running and playing, swimming, dancing and having a good time in a safe and revolutionary environment. Smells of good food cooking in the fresh air. Music always in the air. Steve Dore has recorded a very special song for us to play which is amazing.

How good is that?

Remember the tent sites are absolutely free of charge.

There are lots of huge shower rooms, bath rooms, laundry, fire pits, picnic tables all ready for our guests. There is even high speed internet service. Look at the campground layout on the web site. It is huge, 512 acres all for our use.

Things are happening so fast it is hard to keep track but as of today the reservations site is up and running, you can get a reservation for your Motor Home or Camper easily on the web site, Get your reservations early. There is also a new forum available to keep track of daily changes in our guest and entertainers listings.

And there is the great "Cow Patty Bingo" you can enter and win a ounce of .999 silver ingot. The most fun about this game is every square will have a photo of one of our favorites for Bossy to put her patty on...Hillary, McCain, Obama, Chertoff, Bush, etc.. Choose your photo along with your number. Just tell Michelle to put the photo of your favorite RINO - NEOCON on your number.

Russell Means is putting together a great Indian Event. Dancing, songs, learning about our native people. The day will end with a great Dinner of Buffalo Stew and Fry Bread cooked to perfection by our native Americans.

July 4th will be a huge day, all day long music and entertainment ending with a great BBQ dinner and a Huge Fireworks display. Not a few fire works but a real professional display in the Clear South Dakota skys.

Get ready for a Blow out of a vacation geared to teach, learn and enjoy networking with other like minded people from all over the country.

Go to the web site: www.revolution4freedom.com

If you know of a group that needs to promote their information, produce a workshop, educate on a program, have them contact us for a vendors space. Come out and sell your crafts, T-shirts, hats, Ron Paul items. This is the place to do it.

Send everyone to the website and join the new Forum for constant updates, give us your ideas, tell us what we are doing wrong or right, put your imput in on this amazing event that is being formed. This is beyond the Grannys imagination with all the help we have been given by many many people to make this something we will all remember.

Funds are still needed to pay for all of the necessary elements for the festival. Please go to the site and use the chip in so you can see how much we have and how much is needed.

www.revolution4freedom.com

Granny Warriors

27 Beaton Path

Leicester, NC, 28748

828-683-2009

Aratus
04-29-2008, 12:29 PM
why not have both! i think its COOOOOOOOL that
people have S.D as an option in addition to D.C!!!

RonPaulVolunteer
04-29-2008, 01:03 PM
I stand among the many here boycotting this BS.

They are purposefully competing with the real rally in Washington.

This is not cool, or cooooooool, this is a distraction.

but who knows, they did get 400 people to march on Washington. Maybe they'll get half that to this distraction. Though I doubt it.

ItsTime
04-29-2008, 01:04 PM
more like 200.

but who knows, they did get 400 people to march on Washington. Maybe they'll get half that to this distraction. Though I doubt it.

Paulitical Correctness
04-29-2008, 01:45 PM
I hate the granny warriors.

LiveToWin
04-29-2008, 01:47 PM
8 Days before the real one? Are you ****ing serious???

RonPaulVolunteer
04-29-2008, 02:02 PM
8 Days before the real one? Are you ****ing serious???

Exactly!

flames2dust77
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
They are going to have the festival regardless of how many ppl voice their opposition.

I've been saying that I doubt their festival will put a dent in what we have planned. The situation is being diffused and I think the revolution march organizers and granny are on the same page now. It will be ok...don't freak out. We will have a successful march:)

Aratus
04-29-2008, 05:21 PM
FREEDOM FESTIVAL

We are so proud of Bill Stegmeier of SD for producing the beautiful Bill Board in Rapid City South Dakota.

Our plans are coming together so quickly it is amazing. People are calling all day and night offering services, products and help with the organization of the Festival. It seems like this is something that's time has come.

We have added some new bands to perform. Great sounds for a summer Revolution Festival and Jack Blood is organizing the musical entertainment which will be going on daily.

This will be the 2008 "WOODSTOCK"

Imagine our own little tent city of family's out for a vacation on at very little expense at a time when every cent counts. Children running and playing, swimming, dancing and having a good time in a safe and revolutionary environment. Smells of good food cooking in the fresh air. Music always in the air. Steve Dore has recorded a very special song for us to play which is amazing.

How good is that?

Remember the tent sites are absolutely free of charge.

There are lots of huge shower rooms, bath rooms, laundry, fire pits, picnic tables all ready for our guests. There is even high speed internet service. Look at the campground layout on the web site. It is huge, 512 acres all for our use.

Things are happening so fast it is hard to keep track but as of today the reservations site is up and running, you can get a reservation for your Motor Home or Camper easily on the web site, Get your reservations early. There is also a new forum available to keep track of daily changes in our guest and entertainers listings.

And there is the great "Cow Patty Bingo" you can enter and win a ounce of .999 silver ingot. The most fun about this game is every square will have a photo of one of our favorites for Bossy to put her patty on...Hillary, McCain, Obama, Chertoff, Bush, etc.. Choose your photo along with your number. Just tell Michelle to put the photo of your favorite RINO - NEOCON on your number.

Russell Means is putting together a great Indian Event. Dancing, songs, learning about our native people. The day will end with a great Dinner of Buffalo Stew and Fry Bread cooked to perfection by our native Americans.

July 4th will be a huge day, all day long music and entertainment ending with a great BBQ dinner and a Huge Fireworks display. Not a few fire works but a real professional display in the Clear South Dakota skys.

Get ready for a Blow out of a vacation geared to teach, learn and enjoy networking with other like minded people from all over the country.

Go to the web site: www.revolution4freedom.com

If you know of a group that needs to promote their information, produce a workshop, educate on a program, have them contact us for a vendors space. Come out and sell your crafts, T-shirts, hats, Ron Paul items. This is the place to do it.

Send everyone to the website and join the new Forum for constant updates, give us your ideas, tell us what we are doing wrong or right, put your imput in on this amazing event that is being formed. This is beyond the Grannys imagination with all the help we have been given by many many people to make this something we will all remember.

Funds are still needed to pay for all of the necessary elements for the festival. Please go to the site and use the chip in so you can see how much we have and how much is needed.

www.revolution4freedom.com

Granny Warriors

27 Beaton Path

Leicester, NC, 28748

828-683-2009

~~~ ! ~~~

ronpaulhawaii
04-29-2008, 05:26 PM
They are going to have the festival regardless of how many ppl voice their opposition.

I've been saying that I doubt their festival will put a dent in what we have planned. The situation is being diffused and I think the revolution march organizers and granny are on the same page now. It will be ok...don't freak out. We will have a successful march:)

+1776

newbitech
04-29-2008, 05:26 PM
I am coming up from FL. I am going to drive up to SD cause I always wanted to go there and now I have a perfect reason. I just wish the two events were closer together. I do have family in Pitts, PA so my lay over will be there. I plan on attending both events.

Without question, the DC event is the most important. I like the idea behind the SD event for several reasons.

The S.D. event is more than 1 day, in a location that is very revolution friendly, in a location that is fallout friendly, in a location that is west coast and heartland traveler friendly, AND is the only place in the country that I know of at this point that will have revolution theme going on during independence day.

Do both!

Aratus
04-30-2008, 07:09 AM
given that the rEVOLUTIOn knows we need to keep up an effort so
the press does not forget the Ron Paul campaign, why this carping?
not only are people trying to go to the march, there are state conventions
they must plan for! several things are going on at one, and this gives a
viability to the national picture concerning the ron paul campaign!!!

Aratus
04-30-2008, 07:11 AM
july's merrie events are a lead-in to the democrats in denver. come labor day
the next item up on the agenda is the G.O.P in St. Paul. people are flexible!
ideologues going hyper-cheap or narrow minded as in tunnel vision is not cool...

belian78
04-30-2008, 07:30 AM
FUCK THE GRANNY WARRIORS!!!!!

i wish i had the $50 i gave them for a new transmission back. old bats need to go home and quit screwing with everything.

Aratus
04-30-2008, 11:19 AM
people... be nice. the April 15 tax day demonstration went well.
the July 12th march is going to perhaps pull in five or ten times as
many aggragate people! in september the delegates will be at
st. paul, and mccain will have a good ol' fashined convention to
try to rride herd on, or maybe not! anyway, RON PAUL will be in
our mass media and in headlines. its sorta neat to be semi-retired
and able to travel. south dakota is coooooooooooooooooooooler
that D.C in sunny mid-summer! the D.C march is for people who are
young, don't dehydrate fast, and draw the media most charismatically.
the S.D march is for people who drive winnebagos. be nice! hotels
in the D.C area can fill up very fast. latecomers to the D.C march
are going to have to check out VIRGINIA's camp grounds... go figure!

Aratus
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
besides, Ron Paul is going to be in S.D and then i think D.C!!!

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 11:53 AM

look i cant afford to go to dc from colorado,but i dam sure could go to this july 4th bash,so do me a favor dont bother posting if you dont like it,it sure doesnt help with post like that,geeez unless your gonna pay for my 2 roundtrip tickets from denver to dc??

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 11:56 AM
FUCK THE GRANNY WARRIORS!!!!!

i wish i had the $50 i gave them for a new transmission back. old bats need to go home and quit screwing with everything.

why bother postingthis BS geez,go make your own negative thread

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 12:01 PM
anyone posting negative stuff here ,feel free to send me 2 round trip tickets from denver to dc. does it make you feel good bashing others?

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 12:04 PM
I hate the granny warriors.

your a jerk

vitaminb12
04-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Eh, I think the criticisms are justified. The Granny Warriors' energies would be better spent recruiting people to attend the big march in Washington. This is simply an unwarranted distraction.

But I guess the Granny Warriors, just like the official campaign, are totally off-limits from even the suggestion of negativity.

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
I am coming up from FL. I am going to drive up to SD cause I always wanted to go there and now I have a perfect reason. I just wish the two events were closer together. I do have family in Pitts, PA so my lay over will be there. I plan on attending both events.

Without question, the DC event is the most important. I like the idea behind the SD event for several reasons.

The S.D. event is more than 1 day, in a location that is very revolution friendly, in a location that is fallout friendly, in a location that is west coast and heartland traveler friendly, AND is the only place in the country that I know of at this point that will have revolution theme going on during independence day.

Do both!

i cant afford to go to the dc event ,but im going to try to get offwork and get to this SD event;)

flames2dust77
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM

You're wrong. Linda (Granny) made it clear yesterday on these forums for everyone to see that she supports the march. While before...it seemed like perhaps the grannies were trying to compete or draw attention away from the July March...they have said that is not the case. The SD event is for people who might not be able to make it all the way to DC. That's it, bottom line, end of story. If that is what they say...then you have to trust that is the case and move on.

We are all fighting for the same exact thing and we need to learn to really see both sides of the coin before jumping to conclusions. Pipe down, folks. We've got momentum going again. Don't you see the tide turning a bit? It's exciting.

We MUST work together and stop the infighting...or this movement will go nowhere. I really think we should check the attitudes at the door or WE (not "them") will do this movement in. Gone, done, finished. Please, please, please...let's just get to work and do the damn thing!

Have a nice day.

speciallyblend
WTF is the problem with this negative BS coming from RP MEMBERS?? what part of not everyone can afford to fly out to DC cant you get ,back the F--- OFF or dont bother posting your BS geeez

Aratus
i wanted to go to the april 15 tax rally... between the speakers, the weather
and the idea i just might see a few of the last of the d.c cherry blossoms, almost...

Aratus
04-30-2008, 12:12 PM
i agree with flames2dust77 and speciallyblend... and i'm also of an older demographic myself
that could go hillary almost or to mccain! obama is almost too neatly clean-cut and YOUNG!
the esoteric freedom that grannywarriors has at this point in time in HER life to do respect!

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Eh, I think the criticisms are justified. The Granny Warriors' energies would be better spent recruiting people to attend the big march in Washington. This is simply an unwarranted distraction.

But I guess the Granny Warriors, just like the official campaign, are totally off-limits from even the suggestion of negativity.

feel free to send 680.00 to my pay pal then to pay for my flight;) to dc ,thanks;) that covers me my wife,then could you fly out here to cover my shifts at work as well;

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 12:19 PM
maybe i should start a thread and start bashing the march in dc, geez anyone here bashing the sd event,should really just shut up and focus on our dc march

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 12:21 PM
i agree with flames2dust77 and speciallyblend... and i'm also of an older demographic myself
that could go hillary almost or to mccain! obama is almost too neatly clean-cut and YOUNG!

well i would never vote for mccain or obama or hillary,thought i would clairfy;)

flames2dust77
04-30-2008, 12:26 PM
well i would never vote for mccain or obama or hillary,thought i would clairfy;)

Me either...the thought of that makes me want to vomit. lol

Hey...SB...you should start a chipin and tell the DC March ppl to put their money where there mouth is and get ppl who can't afford it to DC.:D

I'm a DC march person btw. BUT...I say go to whichever fits your budget.

Aratus
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
i'm a recent arrival! i've just shifted from pulling "them dem" levers to pulling more
libertarian levers up here! i may go nader if ron paul or his chosen candidate doesn't
do something in my neck of the woods come the november ballot! i just might AVOID
being a mccain or hillary or obama vote this november! i said i'd sit with barr/gravel
to stevemartin, or happily i'd go gravel/barr... and i also might pretend i'm voting for
a baldwin brother if i vote for the constitution party guy. i'm trying not to be politics
as usual. i'm expecting the democrat to carry much of the local votes here... and i do
know its a long shot for ron paul to emerge out of a 4th to 100th ballot G.O.P convention!

Aratus
04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
i'm a bay state INDEPENDENT! i'm part of a demographic equal in numbers to our official
republicans, yet HALF the size of our official DEOMCRATs! hear me well! i am usually torn
between a nice yet angry old guy like senator mccain, and any machine politician democrat.
hopefully there are these candidates who actually live up to the ideals of our early republic.
or at least sometimes a cross of gold generational candidate who has the moxie most totally
in that generation. the last time "them dems" had an exictement akin to barack obama was JFK!

Aratus
04-30-2008, 12:33 PM
this is a unique election year! i arrive for almost the same reasons gravel just did!
deeper than our economic malaise is the repeated encroachments on our bill of rights....

Aratus
04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
i'm happy Russell Means is at the S.D festival! i wish i could happily go out to S.D!
i think the upcoming JULY 12th march is a noble undertaking! despite the city heat!
i think the phrase "old bat" sorta got me defensive. i'm almost at that point in life...

ronpaulhawaii
04-30-2008, 12:39 PM
There are plenty of good cliches about making opportunity out of preceived problems. I am a r3vmarcher, and see the potential for a lot of good from working together, and promoting both. I know, for some, it was a bit of a shock, but please, move on, we got bigger fish to fry...

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/member/9/3/f/b/highres_3817883.jpeg

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 12:42 PM

there are alot of people who cant make it to dc ,money or time etc etc,but yes i think i can make it to the SD event , and im gonna do everything in my power to try. I already offered my dj skills for all the band breaks and for a disco party at night;) so I THINK BOTH EVENTS WILL BE GREAT:) and many will come to both or one or the other;) ,so please everyone stop the negative crap geeez, take that crap to mccains site

belian78
04-30-2008, 12:43 PM
why bother postingthis BS geez,go make your own negative thread

hey kid, let me tell ya something. telling me i need an ass whoopin isnt the best way to start a civil conversation with me. and i seriously doubt your snowboarder ass could pull it off.

if your precious grannies were really trying to do their part, why WHY would they schedule their damn 'festival' right around the same time as the official march? once, i overlooked, but now this? as soon as we get an official date for the official march all the sudden we have an announcement from thema bout this festival? coincidence doesnt happen like that twice. they are diverting attention away from the march that DR RON PAUL called for himself.

i stand by my statement.

Gin
04-30-2008, 12:44 PM
What's got me a bit at odds...and I was trying so hard to be nice....is the push for the "woodstock" theme.... after stating that we should find something more original they used the idea themselves....this has really got my arse chapped....but I am trying to behave....for the R3volution's sake....

Aratus
04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
my utter lack of radicalism in the late 60s early 70s has me now encouraging
these anti-IRS and anti-war planks RON PAUL wants across the board! let alone
those ones decrying the horrid inroads into our bill of rights and constitution!!!
normally i might think mr. straight talk express to be THE republican answer to
"give 'em hell" harry s. truman, but forget that total BUSHWA BUSHWA BUSHWA!

BUSHWA = BS

~~~~~below is a rant about a mini-crisis and midsummer that i hope was totally wrong geo-politically~~~~~~

my patience has run out! mccain is an idiot if he thinks bush is a mensa I.Q statement
on the universe! lets be logical about this. iran has peace time power~plant reactor
plans as well as perhaps paper spec thingies like what the late iraqi dictator wanted.
bush wants a war. if israel fires on or bombs a reactor on iran's turf, this could happen.
bush needs a bi-partisan congress to agree to his excursions, usually. south dakota
looks safer than the east coast if this all heats up this summer. grannywarriors at least
is not trying to be in D.C if things get internationally tense. our next gov't after WW3
could stem from they who be at the buffalo chip campground if mccain & bush
are total rather than partial idiots. thats why i am voting for ron paul...
i actually think ms. grannywarriors is an intuitive senior citizen!

Aratus
04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
What's got me a bit at odds...and I was trying so hard to be nice....is the push for the "woodstock" theme.... after stating that we should find something more original they used the idea themselves....this has really got my arse chapped....but I am trying to behave....for the R3volution's sake....

hippies once drew billyclubs galore in my youth! hippies can be quite rude and vulgar! ms. grannywarriors rated the rally as a success when the hippies didn't trigger a policwe riot! people actually had intelligent conversations and socially networked! some spoke D.C policy wonk jargon, even! there also were cool videos. its hard to explain to the young. you have to let hippies congregate,
then you ignor them. in the past at woodstock, some of the hippies disrobed.
there were easily 500,ooo hippies up there on a muddy field scaring away cattle.:eek:

Ron Paul also likes the ideal of de-criminalizing marijuana.
again, if one is an age~ing hippie, and one has brain-cells...

garden variety pot ain't such a bad thing! its also sometimes medicinal...
doctor ron paul is correct. we need to be less stern and judgemental.

Gin
04-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Actually I was thinking of maybe a Friday - Sunday event...Saturday is the big day, We are looking into various campgrounds in the area so travelers won't have to stay in the high priced hotels....all the basic details are still being worked out...

Do both!

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Me either...the thought of that makes me want to vomit. lol

Hey...SB...you should start a chipin and tell the DC March ppl to put their money where there mouth is and get ppl who can't afford it to DC.:D

I'm a DC march person btw. BUT...I say go to whichever fits your budget.

I really dont want to beg for the money, so im gonna do my best to rework my shifts and try to save money by going to the SD EVENT,but hey if there is someone that truly would help get me and my wife tickets to get to dc and back to denver,PLEASE IM ME,even though dc is hot as hell in july , I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO THE DC EVENT:) gimme some speakers in dc and i will spin turntables there as well;)

I just talked to LINDA:) WE CAN PROMOTE BOTH ,IT's ALL GOOD PEOPLE GROUP HUG:)

ronpaulhawaii
04-30-2008, 12:51 PM
...., usually. south dakota
looks safer than the east coast if this all heats up this summer. grannywarriors at least is not trying to be in D.C if things get internationally tense....

aratus - stop, with the BS. If we are going to promote both, we are not going to do it against one another. Just stop already :mad:

Aratus
04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
lets hope yesteryear's activists go to S.D this summer as the people who march in D.C
bring home to us how INCLUSIVE the Ron Paul rEVOLUTIOn is! decriminalizing marijuana also
brings into the fold an ancient and honorable cause and its partisans! ah! i see it now!!!

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 12:56 PM
hey kid, let me tell ya something. telling me i need an ass whoopin isnt the best way to start a civil conversation with me. and i seriously doubt your snowboarder ass could pull it off.

if your precious grannies were really trying to do their part, why WHY would they schedule their damn 'festival' right around the same time as the official march? once, i overlooked, but now this? as soon as we get an official date for the official march all the sudden we have an announcement from thema bout this festival? coincidence doesnt happen like that twice. they are diverting attention away from the march that DR RON PAUL called for himself.

i stand by my statement.

iggied bye good luck with your march,though i didnt attack it your dc event or the people holding the march ,but feel free to buy my tickets for the dc march ,then you can whoop my 40yr old ass ok;) enuff of your crap.. free market iggy go make your own thread and post negative crap on your own thread,and yes you pissed me off, no reason to attack the grannys. its total BS on your part

Gin
I'm working on the campgrounds as we speak..... group camping is $5 per person... campsites in the dc area are under $20 for tent and $50 for full hookups...somewhere around here I have listed some of the sites I am looking into... I am trying to keep costs as low as possible for lodging...some local meetups have been gracious enough to open their homes to travelers as well (again, there is another thread with that info) The idea for the campgrounds is so the older folks and families can get away from the humdrum of the rally and afternoon sun to swim and have a nice weekend vacation.....along with other revolutioners....

people... be nice. the April 15 tax day demonstration went well.
the July 12th march is going to perhaps pull in five or ten times as
many aggragate people! in september the delegates will be at
st. paul, and mccain will have a good ol' fashined convention to
try to rride herd on, or maybe not! anyway, RON PAUL will be in
our mass media and in headlines. its sorta neat to be semi-retired
and able to travel. south dakota is coooooooooooooooooooooler
that D.C in sunny mid-summer! the D.C march is for people who are
young, don't dehydrate fast, and draw the media most charismatically.
the S.D march is for people who drive winnebagos. be nice! hotels
in the D.C area can fill up very fast. latecomers to the D.C march
are going to have to check out VIRGINIA's camp grounds... go figure!

Aratus
(lets hope literally there is less haze in D.C as S.D wiffs a newer sort of smoke...sorta)

actually the idea of having people camp or RV into this and some shuttlebuses make D.C more
pleasant if the buses have air-conditioning, and it stretches dollars. if one is frugal, be logical!

Aratus
04-30-2008, 01:00 PM
aratus - stop, with the BS. If we are going to promote both, we are not going to do it against one another. Just stop already :mad:

got too mordantly sardonic... sorry about that... a fail/safe 62 quip that can be edited!

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 01:01 PM
(lets hope literally there is less haze in D.C as S.D wiffs a newer sort of smoke...sorta)

actually the idea of having people camp or RV into this and some shuttlebuses make D.C more
pleasant if the buses have air-conditioning, and it stretches dollars. if one is frugal, be logical!

yeah you will have more dehydrated drunks in dc whoopie,give it a rest..... we dont smoke here we eat it,so no need for the pot jokes,it's 100% safe to eat.. alcohol is far more dangerous then even smoking marijuana,so enjoy your booze i guess . I Dj clubs so if your ready to defend alcohol good luck
Weather is better in SD then DC at least we wont fry to death, im too old for heat:P(teasin hell 40 is a kid;) . I wish i could make it to dc

flames2dust77
04-30-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm working on the campgrounds as we speak..... group camping is $5 per person... campsites in the dc area are under $20 for tent and $50 for full hookups...somewhere around here I have listed some of the sites I am looking into... I am trying to keep costs as low as possible for lodging...some local meetups have been gracious enough to open their homes to travelers as well (again, there is another thread with that info) The idea for the campgrounds is so the older folks and families can get away from the humdrum of the rally and afternoon sun to swim and have a nice weekend vacation.....along with other revolutioners....

Gin...is this being tied in with travel committee plans w/revolutionmarch.com? not saying that it should be...but this could really be cool for the national convoys we're trying to get going. I'll PM ya later. I still haven't responded to your other message. I'm trying to gather a ton of info. lol

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 01:07 PM

thats a great idea for DC,but if people can get ac rooms:) then thats a good idea as well,(note-people are gonna be sweating there butts of at 1am at night in their tents . i use to life in the communistwealth of virginia , maybe a water fund should be started for the dc event as well...

MelissaWV
04-30-2008, 01:08 PM
"Your March" "Their Festival" "We're not competing... btw campgrounds here are 1/4 as much as near DC! And it's cooler! And there'll be less trouble!" "Go to both!"

It's great there's more than one event, but please see the hypocrisy and contradiction in the thread. I won't be going to EITHER event because I am *tapped out* and I don't want to be surrounded by crowds peppered with the few people who will make trouble no matter what. If you have time to go to both, and the funds to do it, that's great! It's your time I guess. I wish I had time and money to take a week or two and go driving around the country... that'd be swell.

Both sides are going to promote the bejeezus out of this, I'm sure. People will choose based on their own circumstance. Some people might choose to go to SD over DC, but that would mean those people weren't particularly into DC to begin with eh? If someone is swayed by "it's less humid" to go to a campsite in SD instead of marching on the Capitol, then that's where they should be :)

flames2dust77
04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
got too mordantly sardonic... sorry about that... a fail/safe 62 quip that can be edited!

i swear you are ghemminger reincarnated as someone else. What the hell have you been talking about in the last handful of your posts? You're freaking me out, man.

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 01:11 PM
"Your March" "Their Festival" "We're not competing... btw campgrounds here are 1/4 as much as near DC! And it's cooler! And there'll be less trouble!" "Go to both!"

It's great there's more than one event, but please see the hypocrisy and contradiction in the thread. I won't be going to EITHER event because I am *tapped out* and I don't want to be surrounded by crowds peppered with the few people who will make trouble no matter what. If you have time to go to both, and the funds to do it, that's great! It's your time I guess. I wish I had time and money to take a week or two and go driving around the country... that'd be swell.

Both sides are going to promote the bejeezus out of this, I'm sure. People will choose based on their own circumstance. Some people might choose to go to SD over DC, but that would mean those people weren't particularly into DC to begin with eh? If someone is swayed by "it's less humid" to go to a campsite in SD instead of marching on the Capitol, then that's where they should be :)

i was just referring to it ,didnt mean your ,if i was one of them:P its all about the money for me. Me and my wife would have to fly out from denver and thats more expensive then a trip to SD when i have friends that will help me with gas;)

flames2dust77
04-30-2008, 01:11 PM
thats a great idea for DC,but if people can get ac rooms:) then thats a good idea as well,(note-people are gonna be sweating there butts of at 1am at night in their tents . i use to life in the communistwealth of virginia , maybe a water fund should be started for the dc event as well...

I have a question for you. Have you contacted your local RP meetup group? Most active meetups are looking into getting special rates on travel tickets and what not. Alot of them are also chartering buses and doing the caravan thing. Just a thought.

Gin
04-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Awww ... not so much for that reason....but more for the massive people, and the general feel of things....although Ron Paul wants to de-crimminalize it, that doesn't mean he agrees with it....he stated that somewhere....he just doesn't think the Fed has a right to tell us what we should or shouldn't do to our bodies...the constitution doesn't give them the that kind of power.......I am really liking the Manifesto... making love Dr. Paul more and more the more I read.....

but anyway, the point was more about them downing us for an idea and then using it themselves, that is really what I meant

I hope we can at least get 500,000 there to fill the national mall.... that is what MLK had (where most of the old march pics promoting this march are from)

hippies once drew billyclubs galore in my youth! hippies can be quite rude and vulgar! ms. grannywarriors rated the rally as a success when the hippies didn't trigger a policwe riot! people actually had intelligent conversations and socially networked! some spoke D.C policy wonk jargon, even! there also were cool videos. its hard to explain to the young. you have to let hippies congregate,
then you ignor them. in the past at woodstock, some of the hippies disrobed.
there were easily 500,ooo hippies up there on a muddy field scaring away cattle.:eek:

Ron Paul also likes the ideal of de-criminalizing marijuana.
again, if one is an age~ing hippie, and one has brain-cells...

garden variety pot ain't such a bad thing! its also sometimes medicinal...
doctor ron paul is correct. we need to be less stern and judgemental.

Gin
04-30-2008, 01:18 PM
You know SB, there is a thread in here for folks that want to carpool or get a hold of your local meetup group and see what you can work out...getting all worked up and stating someone can by your ticket is going a bit overboard in my opinion....

if it's better for you to go to the festival then great...have a great time....

the march in dc is what RP asked for specifically and what the Campaign started, but dropped and Deb so graciously picked up and saved it....In all actuality GW could have done her festival on the June 21st date that had been the requested date for the march....

feel free to send 680.00 to my pay pal then to pay for my flight;) to dc ,thanks;) that covers me my wife,then could you fly out here to cover my shifts at work as well;

Aratus
04-30-2008, 01:21 PM
i sometimes get too hunter thompson gonzo. the downside of decriminalized
marijuana is lots of geriatric pepsi generation hippies who also drink geritol!
they have the habits of youth and the bodies their years have allowed them...

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I have a question for you. Have you contacted your local RP meetup group? Most active meetups are looking into getting special rates on travel tickets and what not. Alot of them are also chartering buses and doing the caravan thing. Just a thought.

it's really my cash flow. I'm still trying to pay down my debt from ronpaul2008.com on my cards. It's an economic battle for me,hell i cant even bring my wife to the colorado convention dinner thats 60 bucks for her:( she will be a guest at the convention,but i cant have us sharing my republican dinner plate:( oo welll:(

by the time i can figure out if i have any free money the tickets will have doubled... maybe i should try a chip in,but might have some anti granny folks(rpf members) in dc trying to mug me... sarcasm but hey anyone who can say they hate the grannys is a possible serial killer ,plus every weekend i take off im also taking 150-300 away from my pay,dam catch 22 it seems errr

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 01:22 PM
You know SB, there is a thread in here for folks that want to carpool or get a hold of your local meetup group and see what you can work out...getting all worked up and stating someone can by your ticket is going a bit overboard in my opinion....

if it's better for you to go to the festival then great...have a great time....

the march in dc is what RP asked for specifically and what the Campaign started, but dropped and Deb so graciously picked up and saved it....In all actuality GW could have done her festival on the June 21st date that had been the requested date for the march....

SARCASM ,the point is all these people attacking the granny .i careless about thetickets ok;)

Gin
04-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Yes the sites that I am looking at have shuttle busses either into dc or to the metro... depends how many we need... I'll find the thread and bump the info up shortly

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Note People Buying Me Tickets Was Sarcasm (i thought it was obvious;) , flames to dust kinda brought it up. As much as i would like to go,im not going to really ask people for money to fly me and my wife out to dc from colorado. The point was many people cant afford to fly out to dc from the west;),thats why there is an event in SD. I WANT EVERYONE TO GO TO BOTH;)

Gin
04-30-2008, 01:26 PM
I believe so........actually the convoy idea of yours it what made me think of this camping thing and after doing a brief search I found there is actually alot in the area that one wouldn't expect to see in dc... mostly within a 30 mile radius with transport into dc.....

Gin...is this being tied in with travel committee plans w/revolutionmarch.com? not saying that it should be...but this could really be cool for the national convoys we're trying to get going. I'll PM ya later. I still haven't responded to your other message. I'm trying to gather a ton of info. lol

Gin
04-30-2008, 01:30 PM
not if it's like it has been the last couple of yrs.... we haven't had too many 90 degree and above days in July in recent years......SD may actually be hotter Last summer we had a very pleasant July and August for the most part. Besides, there are AC cabins at these places as well..... I guess it comes down to what you really want to do... where there is a will there is always a way....(oh btw, I am the same age as you, so I do know where you are coming from...but I haven't picked up my cane and mobile fan yet...lol)

Gin
04-30-2008, 01:34 PM
LMAO.... you really crack me up sometimes.....:D

i sometimes get too hunter thompson gonzo. the downside of decriminalized
marijuana is lots of geriatric pepsi generation hippies who also drink geritol!
they have the habits of youth and the bodies their years have allowed them...

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
not if it's like it has been the last couple of yrs.... we haven't had too many 90 degree and above days in July in recent years......SD may actually be hotter Last summer we had a very pleasant July and August for the most part. Besides, there are AC cabins at these places as well..... I guess it comes down to what you really want to do... where there is a will there is always a way....(oh btw, I am the same age as you, so I do know where you are coming from...but I haven't picked up my cane and mobile fan yet...lol)

i hear you, thats great like i said. It's about economics for me. my wife would kill me if i flew out to dc without her,but maybe ill take flamestodust idea and create a chip in? set it up so if i dont get the amount i can send back. i will check with the front range groups about better prices , we would have to fly, my wife cant afford to miss any work(she makes more then me) in case you didnt know we avoided a headon collision in november and my wife(broke her back in 3 places and rebroke her titanium arm as well)(totalled the vehicle and the other persons insurance company has yet to do the payoff ,so 3 car payments instead of 2,plus she missed alot of work and etc etc,so theres alot more to it. My dad is having double by-pass surgery right now and i cant even fly to see him etc etc the list goes on, but we are hanging in there...:) sigh
no canes for me yet either,though my wife is gonna be lucky if she can even go snowboarding next year. I'm one of those lazy people who go snowboarding 100-150 days a year so i cant complain,but i do miss my wife on the hills when i ride:(

Gin
04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Dude...I complete understand about the funds thing....I am a single mom of 4 ....

alot of folks are using their stimulus check..... but seriously.... check with your meetup.... watch the threads for info on bus charters..... there is alot being done... we are only just starting to get this organized.... we are trying to get as many ppl to dc as we can..... give us a little time and contact your local meetup... alot of meetups are planning on traveling together...cut gas costs..... I'm pretty sure there are a few folks from Colorado talking about coming...

is really my cash flow. I'm still trying to pay down my debt from ronpaul2008.com on my cards. It's an economic battle for me,hell i cant even bring my wife to the colorado convention dinner thats 60 bucks for her:( she will be a guest at the convention,but i cant have us sharing my republican dinner plate:( oo welll:(

by the time i can figure out if i have any free money the tickets will have doubled... maybe i should try a chip in,but might have some anti granny folks(rpf members) in dc trying to mug me... sarcasm but hey anyone who can say they hate the grannys is a possible serial killer ,plus every weekend i take off im also taking 150-300 away from my pay,dam catch 22 it seems errr

MelissaWV
04-30-2008, 01:44 PM
There are camps in the area, particularly in the vicinity of Greenbelt (where I used to live... car was broken into three times though!). Keep in mind some of the areas around DC aren't the greatest neighborhoods in the world, but just camp in a group and don't worry about it. I merely say this so people don't get the "I'll sleep in my car" mentality. It's unwise.

The Metro is efficient and cheap. Make sure you're staying near a station if you are not going to have a vehicle. If you want to go sight-seeing anywhere other than downtown, you might want a car, but I'd recommend walking and Metro by and large. Gas is expensive and the DC Beltway is a nightmare.

Giant and Safeway are the two big grocery stores in the area. If you have a discount card for either of these, bring it! There is a 7-11 in Greenbelt also, and lots of little shops including some chain restaurants worth knowing about. Subway's recent deal with the $5 footlong comes to mind. Grocery stores are great for large cases of bottled water, and miscellaneous snacks.

http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm Greenbelt, for instance, is in the NE on the green line. I suggest before you book a campsite or hotel, you look at this map! Most hotels have shuttles to the metro stations. Parking at the stations can be a pain (remember most people who work in DC commute).

Also one last thing. If you're using a website to book flights, please realize that some websites count BWI as a "nearby" airport. That's Baltimore. You would need to take a shuttle from there to someplace, or a taxi, before you're even close to DC or a metro station. Please be careful you don't book a hotel and flight to Baltimore without knowing it. Double check!!!

ronpaulhawaii
04-30-2008, 01:45 PM
What I'd like to see is people planning a convoy from SD to DC :D

flames2dust77
04-30-2008, 01:53 PM
What I'd like to see is people planning a convoy from SD to DC :D

I swear....I was just outside looking at the lovely chemtrails in the sky(lol)and I was thinking...what if they tied their event to ours? First SD, then charter buses to DC. I'll just say that great minds think alike *pats self on back, then yours* lol. Hmmm. Wonder what Granny would think of this. Perhaps folks would get behind her more if she wanted to try this? Hmmm, just a thought.

flames2dust77
04-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Note People Buying Me Tickets Was Sarcasm (i thought it was obvious;) , flames to dust kinda brought it up. As much as i would like to go,im not going to really ask people for money to fly me and my wife out to dc from colorado. The point was many people cant afford to fly out to dc from the west;),thats why there is an event in SD. I WANT EVERYONE TO GO TO BOTH;)

omghaaaa! oh no he didn't just say I brought it up! lol. I was was being sarcastic also. you're a trip. lol. :cool:

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 01:59 PM
omghaaaa! oh no he didn't just say I brought it up! lol. I was was being sarcastic also. you're a trip. lol. :cool:

i knew you were but i was responding to gin;) should i say reaffirmed it??:)

Gin
04-30-2008, 02:11 PM
You might have an awesome idea there my dear.......that would cover the northern teir convoy as well.......nice thinking!!! Straight down I-90 to I-81 and across I-70 would be an awesome route (I-95 will be a nightmare this time of year, especially on the weekend...beach traffic galore) but then again.....now you have my thought process running again...sheesh..... I need to get this camping worked out...lol so much to do...so little time...... good thing I'm off this week...lol

I swear....I was just outside looking at the lovely chemtrails in the sky(lol)and I was thinking...what if they tied their event to ours? First SD, then charter buses to DC. I'll just say that great minds think alike *pats self on back, then yours* lol. Hmmm. Wonder what Granny would think of this. Perhaps folks would get behind her more if she wanted to try this? Hmmm, just a thought.

flames2dust77
04-30-2008, 02:14 PM
You might have an awesome idea there my dear.......that would cover the northern teir convoy as well.......nice thinking!!! Straight down I-90 to I-81 and across I-70 would be an awesome route (I-95 will be a nightmare this time of year, especially on the weekend...beach traffic galore) but then again.....now you have my thought process running again...sheesh..... I need to get this camping worked out...lol so much to do...so little time...... good thing I'm off this week...lol

I passed the thought onto Deb just now. We'll see if Granny likes it. PMing you another question. lol

constituent
04-30-2008, 02:16 PM

hahaha kenny! well, i'm not too good to ask!

:: eagerly places hand in middle of thread ::

Gin
04-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Actually I had thought of something along those lines and even better.... just gotta work it out in my head and then address it with Deb... stay tuned...

so many wonderful ideas....keep em coming all.... this is going to be so much fun!!!!

maybe a water fund should be started for the dc event as well...

Gin
04-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to contact all the meetup groups in one massive email? Sending to 3 at a time would take weeks

Mckarnin
04-30-2008, 02:23 PM

Do both!

I'm in Pittsbugh...yay!

flames2dust77
04-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to contact all the meetup groups in one massive email? Sending to 3 at a time would take weeks

I have looked into that and I have not found a way yet. Perhaps we could get a dozen or so volunteers that will send out emails in an area assigned to them?

Agent CSL
04-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Sometimes................

Gin
04-30-2008, 02:48 PM
I have looked into that and I have not found a way yet. Perhaps we could get a dozen or so volunteers that will send out emails in an area assigned to them?

that would be a good idea...

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
this should be a 5 STAR thread please vote it up,seems some anti ron paul folks voted it down

Gin
04-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Bump this one back up.... Manifesto has taken over...heheeee there is some good stuff here......

robert4rp08
04-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm in Pittsbugh...yay!

Me too!!! :D

speciallyblend
04-30-2008, 04:36 PM
voted this 5 star folks, YEAH FOR THE MANIFESTO;)

Aratus
04-30-2008, 05:45 PM
ditto! i voted 5 stars... too! things are happening in a good way!
i think i sorta knew subliminally S.D is fallout friendly area, and
the S.D festival to D.C march convoy is a great idea! way to go!