PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul web ads

Paul4Prez
08-21-2007, 11:36 PM
I know we say "we've got the Internet covered", but there are a lot of people who go online and don't venture into the political realm. There have been some great efforts here for radio, newspaper, and now, TV ads. How about a collaboration for the best online ads?

I suspect they would get a lot more views for the money, and could get people to go directly to the website. So here are the questions to be answered:

What should the ads say?

Where should they be posted?

What search terms should they link to?

Ideas?

McDermit
08-22-2007, 12:01 AM
google adwords.. but then you'll have mcromlianson creeps clicking just to waste our money.

best bet? myspace, facebook, yahoo, yahoo mail, hotmail, cnn, foxnews, msnbc, amazon, ebay, tvguide, nbc, abc, cbs, fox, fool.com, and any site your wife/mom/dad/neighbor/boss/coworker visit

Scott K
08-22-2007, 12:20 AM
I would only put ads for RP on political sites, and not random sites. Target your audience otherwise it's a waste of money.

People not interested in politics will just ignore the ad if it's on, lets say, a football site.

McDermit
08-22-2007, 12:43 AM
I would only put ads for RP on political sites, and not random sites. Target your audience otherwise it's a waste of money.

People not interested in politics will just ignore the ad if it's on, lets say, a football site.

Uh.. that would be why you buy CPC (per click) ads rather than just CPI/CPM (per impression/million.)

CPM could be worthwhile for this kind of campaign if you just need name recognition. Ads on websites sometimes register in the subconscious even when you don't actively notice them.. seeing Ron Paul and his face a few times might make people more receptive when seeing him on TV or hearing his name on the radio. You'd want to ensure good ad placement though, or it's a complete waste.

Overall, CPC would probably be better.