PDA

View Full Version : For Greenspan, gold once glittered

soapmistress
04-29-2008, 08:19 AM
http://www.thestreet.com/story/10414187/1/for-greenspan-gold-once-glittered.html

About 4 or 5 pages - talks about the new book too!

Gadsden Flag
05-01-2008, 06:45 PM
A lot of the nuttier supporters here hate this guy because he was associated with the federal reserve, but I like him. He is a very intelligent and interesting person, if you ask me.

Highland
05-01-2008, 06:49 PM
A lot of the nuttier supporters here hate this guy because he was associated with the federal reserve, but I like him. He is a very intelligent and interesting person, if you ask me.

He is a Libertarian...just found himself in control of an unconstitutional central bank! lol....but the worst thing about him is his love for the World Bank...that is the worst organization. Brazil put up the Amazon River basin as collateral:eek: for a loan and could not pay it back...So guess who owns the Amazon River Basin...the world Bank. They also are the middle man for the oil industry and make more profit than the oil barrons. Check out the vid... the "Non-Energy Crisis" Blew my mind.

ARealConservative
05-01-2008, 06:56 PM

He did sell out unfortunately. He profited greatly from his decision to work for something that would be in total violation of his principles.

He would yield a ton of momentum for us if he would just come out and say Ron Paul is the most qualified politicians in regards to economics, and unless grilled specifically, he doesn't even acknowledge his preference for gold backed currency.

RSLudlum
05-01-2008, 07:01 PM
good read

digg it: ht tp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/For_Greenspan_Gold_Once_Glittered_Still_does_for_R on_Paul

Xenophage
05-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Alan Greenspan might have been one of the big reasons America did so well throughout the 80's and 90's. He lectured congress constantly on the evils of government spending and economic intervention, and probably helped chart a wiser course for our monetary policy through his position at the FR than we would have otherwise had.

I believe he felt it was his moral imperative to undertake the responsibility he did, because if it wasn't him, it would have been some other idiot.

His virtues don't immunize him from philosophic hypocrisy though, and he was ostracized by the objectivist crowd he once associated with for his professional decisions.

I don't think Friedman was as "pure" a libertarian as we all wish he was. I've heard him say some stuff that I definitely disagreed with. I still like the guy though, and so did Ron Paul if C-SPAN is any indication.