PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see Ron Paul PUBLISH HOUSE RESOLUTIONS to be voted on by the market

Cimbri
04-29-2008, 06:22 AM
A "PEOPLES LEGAL CLEARING HOUSE"

Ron Paul's idea of using his campaign funds to create a publishing company could turn out to be a great equalizer in disseminating political power. If we utilize commerce in a unique way to further our role in participatory democracy.

It would be in the interest of liberty in this country if we could make this publishing venture historic. I was thinking for quite some time about having Ron Paul publish his proposed House Resolutions in order to test the market support for these laws. And then use the proceeds from each respective published resolution to fund the needed political groundwork to make these resolutions a reality.

If you like this concept Contact Ron Paul and ask if this publishing venture can be used for a historic "Peoples Legal Clearing House" giving the right to propose and support law back to We the People.

Rhys
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
No, I like our Republic. I don't care for mobs.

Cimbri
04-29-2008, 03:12 PM
So I guess you like the corporations buying every law on the books instead?

Cimbri
04-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Are we going to continue our indentured servitude to the corporate sposored laws?

Instead we could compile a legal library of Freedom and Liberty centered laws on our book shelves at the same time funding and popularizing these laws instead of just letting them fall by the wayside. This could be a tribute to taking action not just complaining and perseverating about the current legal tyrany we are bogged down in.

Cimbri
04-29-2008, 05:29 PM
$4 Million on Hand, Ron Paul Looks for Ways to Spend It

HOUSTON — U.S. Rep. Ron Paul is considering using $4 million left over from his failed presidential campaign to start a for-profit publishing company that would reflect his Libertarian-leaning views.

The move could test the limits of federal campaign finance rules.

“I’ve never heard of anyone taking their campaign money and putting it into a for-profit corporation,” campaign finance-reform advocate Fred Wertheimer told the Houston Chronicle.

Former candidates have leeway in how they use leftover campaign money.

“There’s a provision that says you can use the funds for any lawful purpose, so long as it’s not personal use for the candidate,” said Bob Biersack, a spokesman for the Federal Election Commission.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/27/cash-in-hand-ron-paul-looks-for-ways-to-spend-it/

Cimbri
04-29-2008, 09:23 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5732113.html

The campaign is evaluating what to do with the extra money. Benton said options include supporting like-minded candidates through Paul's Liberty PAC; donating leftover money to Paul's FREE Foundation, the 501(c)3 organization that publishes his newsletter; trying to influence public policy through a 501(c)4 nonprofit group; or creating "something inventive and entrepreneurial" like a for-profit corporation to produce publications.

Cimbri
04-29-2008, 09:24 PM
"When the well's dry, we know the worth of water."
- Benjamin Franklin, (1706-1790), Poor Richard's Almanac.