PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming state conventions

Zera
04-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Anyone have any ideas if we'll do good in them? The closest one is Delaware's, which goes through 2nd and 3rd of May.

Rangeley
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Maine's is also the 2nd and 3rd of May. We got at least 35% of the delegates in the caucus a few months ago. Given that the winner, Romney, has dropped out, I tend to think that turnout amongst other candidates supporters will be lower. If we are able to win over some undecided delegates in the process, it could be a win. And who knows, maybe their turnout will be low enough so that we can win even without that. It is a two day process, so it will take even more effort than the caucus did. Given that we perform better when it does take more effort due to our commitment levels, I am cautiously optimistic about Maine.

wgadget
04-28-2008, 08:00 PM
We in Georgia have decided to go Ron Paul full out. As in, wearing Ron Paul buttons, t-shirts, the whole shebang. We're outing ourselves, so to speak. No more of this incognito stuff...Our convention is May 17.

Zera
04-28-2008, 08:05 PM
wgadget... BAD IDEA!!

Dude, seriously, DO NOT do this. You guys DON'T know if you will have a majority, and as a GA resident, I don't think you will. Stay down low... Remember this tactic: If you realize you're outnumbered, just present yourself well, NOT a Paul supporter, and become a national delegate no matter what. Get alternates to be Paul supporters, too. That way, my friend, you will be able to simply not vote at all at the RNC, which means less delegates for McCain.

Kotin
04-28-2008, 08:08 PM
We in Georgia have decided to go Ron Paul full out. As in, wearing Ron Paul buttons, t-shirts, the whole shebang. We're outing ourselves, so to speak. No more of this incognito stuff...Our convention is May 17.

this does NOT work.

its fine to be for paul at the convention but..

make it about our goals and our message, NOT about Ron Paul!!!

JustBcuz
04-28-2008, 08:41 PM
wgadget... BAD IDEA!!

Dude, seriously, DO NOT do this. You guys DON'T know if you will have a majority, and as a GA resident, I don't think you will. Stay down low... Remember this tactic: If you realize you're outnumbered, just present yourself well, NOT a Paul supporter, and become a national delegate no matter what. Get alternates to be Paul supporters, too. That way, my friend, you will be able to simply not vote at all at the RNC, which means less delegates for McCain.

Agreed. Undercover is the way to go.

Send only your most hardcore and well known people in Ron Paul gear. Maybe one out of every 10.

As for the rest wear McCain stickers. If it turns out you've got 60% then you can lose the McCain stuff and start a big Ron Paul party...but not until.

speciallyblend
04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
if already a supporter it will not matter,the ones that are known need to flair ron paul. If wgadget has been pushing ron paul like i have in colorado, then theres no need for any cover . They are known as ron paul supporters already,but if not,stay undercover,depends on your level of your support. Some can be undercover and some cannot. if your not undercover,then sport all your ron paul gear,if your undercover,lay low;)

ClockwiseSpark
04-28-2008, 09:20 PM
if already a supporter it will not matter,the ones that are known need to flair ron paul. If wgadget has been pushing ron paul like i have in colorado, then theres no need for any cover . They are known as ron paul supporters already,but if not,stay undercover,depends on your level of your support. Some can be undercover and some cannot. if your not undercover,then sport all your ron paul gear,if your undercover,lay low;)

I have to disagree with you here. There are going to be a lot of new people at these conventions. Why do the work of the neocons and out yourself. The best plan is to blend in and mingle, disperse throughout the crowd. That way when Paul folks raise objections it looks as though a great many republicans object, not just the ron paul "cult".

speciallyblend
04-28-2008, 09:39 PM
I have to disagree with you here. There are going to be a lot of new people at these conventions. Why do the work of the neocons and out yourself. The best plan is to blend in and mingle, disperse throughout the crowd. That way when Paul folks raise objections it looks as though a great many republicans object, not just the ron paul "cult".

but every republican in the co mtns knows who i am by now. so i cant be undercover and from what the main gop republicans are telling me. I'm called a lighting rod;) thats a good term used by ron paul republicans;) so im told to bring my signs and my shirt and push the ron paul message;) there is no way for me to stay undercover though i will be suited up for the convention, hell im borrowing a suit from a vail friend, my suit will be worth more then my monthly salary;) we have many undercover delegates;) (curious if we will get waterboarded before the convention?)so the old gop is just gonna be confused when voting. I cant go into details shhhhh:) the head of the old gop dick, yep thats his name;) knows who i am,im sure i have a folder with the old gop;)...