PDA

View Full Version : USA <5% of worlds population....

american.swan
04-28-2008, 04:49 PM
I recently read an article in the newspaper saying the following.

The USA has less than 5% of the world's population yet, has 25% of the world's prison population. (China is a DISTANT second.)

I can't fine the article itself. I found this link. which gives some of the same statistics.
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/y/wantout.htm

The number one reason people are in jail....with over 2 million prisoners is DRUGS.

EDIT: FOUND THE ARTICLE http://iht.com/articles/2008/04/23/america/23prison.php

Matt_R
04-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Drugs are the scourge of all humanity. No, and I mean absolutely NO, self-respecting individuals would choose to use drugs. It is of no surprise that the government must remove the blasphemous heathens from our midst, and put them in a giant cesspool to rot. Rehabilitation has shown to NEVER work on individuals who use ANY drugs, and all drugs cause great harm to the individual as well as the entire community. Through this analysis, the only option is to force them all into a prison where they will gain the GOD given, GOD deserved mortal retribution, before they are ultimately and completely transferred into their next life of eternal fire and brimstone.

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Drugs are the scourge of all humanity. No, and I mean absolutely NO, self-respecting individuals would choose to use drugs. It is of no surprise that the government must remove the blasphemous heathens from our midst, and put them in a giant cesspool to rot. Rehabilitation has shown to NEVER work on individuals who use ANY drugs, and all drugs cause great harm to the individual as well as the entire community. Through this analysis, the only option is to force them all into a prison where they will gain the GOD given, GOD deserved mortal retribution, before they are ultimately and completely transferred into their next life of eternal fire and brimstone.

Were you born a moron, or is this a recent development?

american.swan
04-28-2008, 05:06 PM

Maybe it was evolutionary or maybe by intelligent design.

Danke
04-28-2008, 05:08 PM

I believe he/she was being facetious. Isn't it obvious?

american.swan
04-28-2008, 05:11 PM

Yes.

dirknb@hotmail.com

Yeah, I guess you're right. If so, sorry Matt! You have to admit there have been plenty of occasions on RPF when posts like that were serious though.

american.swan
FOUND THE ARTICLE I READ

http://iht.com/articles/2008/04/23/america/23prison.php

Anti Federalist
04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Not trying to be a wet blanket but...this is old news.

We have been the world's leader in prisoners, both in raw numbers and per capita, for years now.

I want to say that it was 1995 when we first became number one.

You Ess Ayy!!! You Ess Ayy!!!

Sick, really. Land of the free my aching ass.

FreeTraveler
04-28-2008, 05:21 PM
The War on Drugs has never been about drugs. When Prohibition ended, TPTB needed another boogieman to justify the growth of state power, control over the general population, and ever-expanding budgets for law enforcement.

The War on Drugs has as much to do with drugs as the TSA has to do with airline safety.

Mach
04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Here's a site I threw out there before, it has all kind of statistics. This list is, as far as I can see, 2003........ US........... top of the list. (http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_pri-crime-prisoners)

That is the key, the "War On Drugs", if it would end the prison population would plummet........ that simple. We are paying way more by having it so illegal and no I'm not for making drugs legal, just decriminalizing them, if they were made totally legal the Corporations would take over and that is just even more tragedy waiting to happen.

Primbs
04-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Mike Savage also brought this up. He is outraged too.

Truth Warrior
04-29-2008, 08:03 AM
5% of the world's population AND 25% of the world's GDP. If we sneeze, the world catches pneumonia. Who's agenda does our possible manufactured economic collapse serve?

HOLLYWOOD
04-29-2008, 09:51 AM
5% of the world's population AND 25% of the world's GDP. If we sneeze, the world catches pneumonia. Who's agenda does our possible manufactured economic collapse serve?

Welcome to the ...

Heck, when the GERMANS are calling AMERICA "The POLICE state" you know we're in trouble!

How many $100's of BILLIONS are spent on "LAW ENFORCEMENT" and PRISONS in the US?

That's the whole Idea...

ATF, CIA, DEA, DHS, DIA, DIS, NSA, NRO, SSB, FBI, SS, US MARSHALL, US CUSTOMS, US Coast Guard... yotta yotta

how do you justify increasing and growing your Budget/Staff/Control?... Create your situations!

Fascist America, 10 easy steps

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy
2. Create a Gulag <======== BINGO America's PRISON SYSTEM... aka polished form: Dept. of CORRECTIONS
3. Develop a Thug Caste
4. Set up an Internal Surveillance System
5. Harass Citizens' groups
6. Engage in Arbitrary Detention and release
7. Target Key Individuals
8. Control the PRESS/MSM
9. Dissent equals Treason
10. Suspend the Rule of Law

SIEG HEIL! GEORGE DUBYA BUSH and the 'PACK' of Party Fanatics!

Truth Warrior
04-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the ...

Heck, when the GERMANS are calling AMERICA "The POLICE state" you know we're in trouble!

How many $100's of BILLIONS are spent on "LAW ENFORCEMENT" and PRISONS in the US?

That's the whole Idea...

ATF, CIA, DEA, DHS, DIA, DIS, NSA, NRO, SSB, FBI, SS, US MARSHALL, US CUSTOMS, US Coast Guard... yotta yotta

how do you justify increasing and growing your Budget/Staff/Control?... Create your situations!

Fascist America, 10 easy steps

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy
2. Create a Gulag <======== BINGO America's PRISON SYSTEM... aka polished form: Dept. of CORRECTIONS
3. Develop a Thug Caste
4. Set up an Internal Surveillance System
5. Harass Citizens' groups
6. Engage in Arbitrary Detention and release
7. Target Key Individuals
8. Control the PRESS/MSM
9. Dissent equals Treason
10. Suspend the Rule of Law

SIEG HEIL! GEORGE DUBYA BUSH and the 'PACK' of Party Fanatics!
You're singin' to the preacher here, Dude!

Thanks! :D

acptulsa
04-29-2008, 10:07 AM

Unless they have a prescription. In that case, they can wander around as high as they want with the full protection and blessing of the pharmaceutical companies and have good times, and then get transferred to the eternal fire and brimstone.