PDA

View Full Version : Hannity calling Ron Paul campaign "cult"

TruePatriot44
04-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Anyone else listening to Hannity Radio? They are talking about the Nevada Convention and calling Ron Paul people a cult that want to destroy the republican party. The guest is warning all other states not to let "Ron Paul People" take over their conventions.

Kludge
04-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Lol... He's just bitter from when RP supporters threw snowballs at him. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NNZS9ZuZcrg)

MRoCkEd
This is a good sign

TER
Why in the world would anyone be listening to Hannity Radio?

ItsTime
04-28-2008, 02:45 PM
We are not the ones who destroyed the GOP G. Bush did that. Now that McCain is walking lockstep with bush, smart members of the GOP are realizing the party is doomed if they do not get back to the roots like Ron Paul is suggesting they do.

speciallyblend
04-28-2008, 02:53 PM
time for a fox news blitz,what hannity is doing is slander now and we have months of proof. we should throw the hammer down on hannity by making another email and letter and phone bank to fox joke of the news....

hawks4ronpaul
04-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Remind people of who and what destroyed the GOP in the 2006 election disaster.

If you want to see a personality cult, click on Sean "Vanity" Hannity's forum and count the number of his faces crowding out any content from above the fold.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Jeremy
04-28-2008, 02:58 PM
The people running it said they were specifically trying to get McCain supporters as delegates because they want "unity". John McCain came in THIRD PLACE in the state. Who's the cult?

Alawn
04-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Screw Hannity. McCain came in third in NV. We weren't taking over anything. Every chance they get they lie about Ron Paul and his supporters.

kirkblitz
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM
i think hannity is the definition of cult

aravoth
04-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Funny how all of the sudden Conservative's like us are now "crazy cult members".

But now Juan Mccain is the best choice we have, He's the real conservative, I mean seriously, look at his voting record. He assualted free speech, tried to grant amnesty to illegals, was part of the Keating 5, wants to colonize the middle east, Said he'd entertain running with Kerry as his VP back in '04, works closely with Feingold, Kennedy, and Liebermen to expand government and then he walks backwards a few steps and complains about 30 million dollars in "pork barrel" projects (whatever the hell that means), not even addressing the fact that we are over 9 trillion dollars in debt, and that 30 million won't make a difference in that gastly number no matter what kind of elementary school math he tries to use.

He admittidly knows nothing about the economy, Said he would take advice on the economy from a guy that was part of the group that cooked the books for Enron, and he gets paid his normal salary, his military pension, and social security. In fact he's so bad at finances that he recently broke campaign finance law, a law that he himself wrote, but apprently does not follow.

Sounds like an upstanding guy!

That is the New Republican Party gentlemen, someone please shoot me.

speciallyblend
04-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Funny how all of the sudden Conservative's like us are now "crazy cult members".

But now Juan Mccain is the best choice we have, He's the real conservative, I mean seriously, look at his voting record. He assualted free speech, tried to grant amnesty to illegals, was part of the Keating 5, wants to colonize the middle east, Said he'd entertain running with Kerry as his VP back in '04, works closely with Feingold, Kennedy, and Liebermen to expand government and then he walks backwards a few steps and complains about 30 million dollars in "pork barrel" projects (whatever the hell that means), not even addressing the fact that we are over 9 trillion dollars in debt, and that 30 million won't make a difference in that gastly number no matter what kind of elementary school math he tries to use.

He admittidly knows nothing about the economy, Said he would take advice on the economy from a guy that was part of the group that cooked the books for Enron, and he gets paid his normal salary, his military pension, and social security. In fact he's so bad at finances that he recently broke campaign finance law, a law that he himself wrote, but apprently does not follow.

i hear you;)

Cap'n Crunk
04-28-2008, 03:13 PM

very well said!

JMann
04-28-2008, 03:16 PM
As much as he is a tool the little bastard has every right to say whatever he damn well wants.

devil21
04-28-2008, 03:21 PM
As much as he is a tool the little bastard has every right to say whatever he damn well wants.

Let them say whatever they want. Not too many Hannity listeners are Paul supporters anyway so it doesnt really matter. He's just preaching to the neo-con choir. On the upside, Hannity is putting Paul's name back fresh in the mind of listeners and some may wonder why the media kept saying he's out of the race yet he's making this kind of headway at the conventions and his supporters aren't giving up. Silver lining and all. Keep talking Sean! Hopefully my NC neighbors will wonder what the hubbub over Ron Paul is about!

Bruno
04-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Let them say whatever they want. Not too many Hannity listeners are Paul supporters anyway so it doesnt really matter. He's just preaching to the neo-con choir. On the upside, Hannity is putting Paul's name back fresh in the mind of listeners and some may wonder why the media kept saying he's out of the race yet he's making this kind of headway at the conventions and his supporters aren't giving up. Silver lining and all. Keep talking Sean! Hopefully my NC neighbors will wonder what the hubbub over Ron Paul is about!

Exactly!! They say there is no such thing as bad publicity.

But as least some of his listeners have to be thinking:

"I wonder why those Paul supporters aren't giving up? I might just have to google this Paul guy...." ;)

ItsTime
04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I thought MSM said the revolution was over ;)

FreeTraveler
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
I'd say those who blindly follow the MSM and have no opinions of their own show the cult mentality a lot more than we do.

dannno
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM

+1

Bern
04-28-2008, 03:57 PM
i think hannity is the definition of cult

only when they "hannitize" things :rolleyes:

Danke
04-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Why in the world would anyone be listening to Hannity Radio?

Know thy enemy? :D

Verad
04-28-2008, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KJABfBN6ew

Listen to the statements made by Nelson Rockefeller. Sound familiar?

Rhys
04-28-2008, 04:29 PM
he just fears for his job. If the grassroots shifts under him, he wont be wanted.

surf
04-28-2008, 04:33 PM
did anyone mention he's a sh#tty pilot and a bad student as well?

has he ever had a job that you and i didn't pay his salary?

Anti Federalist
04-28-2008, 04:38 PM
did anyone mention he's a sh#tty pilot and a bad student as well?

has he ever had a job that you and i didn't pay his salary?

QFT

And no, he hasn't and neither did his parents.

What's that say about things? Pilot skills as a prerequisite for the presidency?

Bush = shitty pilot, (when he even bothered to show up) = shitty president

McPain = shitty pilot + shitty attitude = most assuredly a shitty president.

SWATH
04-28-2008, 05:22 PM
I heard it too, it was infuriating! We are rude, loud, disrespectful, selfish, deceptive, we tried to break the rules, we tried to take over, we are sore losers, and we are a whiny cult that should be ignored.

rp08orbust
04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Screw Hannity. McCain came in third in NV. We weren't taking over anything. Every chance they get they lie about Ron Paul and his supporters.

It looks like some of the lies have stuck with even you: Ron Paul got 2nd in the NV caucus.

Gadsden Flag
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I also heard this. Here's a more detailed run down for anyone who missed it.

A lady calls in. Apparently she is the daughter of another talk show host, Alan Stock. Hannity is friends with this guy. Hannity mentions that his freedom concert thing will be in Nevada in the coming days and the lady says that she'll be there. A lot fo promotion for the concert and then she gets to the point of her call.

She says that she isn't talking about Hillary or Obama today. That we have a 'new issue' on our hands. The Ron Paul people are trying to take over state conventions and she wants to warn people who haven't had their convention yet.

Commercial break.

They come back and she says that there were 600-700 RP people at the convention and that they were very loud, rude, etc. Hannity says that although he's met nice families who support RP, they do tend to be very rude people. A second caller is brought on the air to discuss the same incident.

This is a male and he's much harsher in his language than Hannity and the female caller. It's actually him that calls us a cult. He says that we are trying to tear down both the country and the Republican party. Hannity brings up the snowballing incident and says it was hilarious. Then he goes back to talking about Jeremiah Wright, etc.

There's two things I took out of this.

While it's fun to righteously stamp our feet and act like the media hates us etc, I believe they really do have a point about the behavior of many RP supporters. Guys, they aren't just making it up about us being rude and loud. Reading these forums, you'll see alot of really dogmatic posts calling anyone who disagrees with us 'scum sucking fascists', 'totalitarian pigs' and plenty of other ridiculous language. I only hope that people don't act like this in real life when meeting people who disagree with them, but I have a feeling they do.

Second, it is good make waves at the state conventions like this. Despite the allegations of acting like jerks, it still made me proud to hear these three people talking about us. I felt like calling in and saying that the warning came too late 'cause we already did this in Missouri. The lesson is, don't give up! We're just participating in the democratic process which the party set up. Nothing wrong or illegal or immoral about it.

So my point is, do keep taking over the caucuses and conventions, but also please try to be diplomatic and polite while you do so.

Edit:

I was just reading the BJ Lawson blog, and he put up this quote from Ronald Reagan:

If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.

That's a good quote. Hannity is doing this huge promotion every day for something called the Heritage Foundation. It includes a daily Reagan quote. If I had seen this earlier I would have called Hannity's show and read this quote to him and then stated something about how clearly we are not taking over the party, just reclaiming it.

Alawn
04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
It looks like some of the lies have stuck with even you: Ron Paul got 2nd in the NV caucus.

I'm not sure what you mean. Ron Paul got second, McCain got 3rd. Ron Paul deserves to get more delegates than McCain. It isn't some sinister take over when the guy who placed higher gets more delegates. It would be a takeover if McCain were to get more than Ron Paul. The media is making it seem like McCain deserved to get all of the delegates and Ron Paul was trying to cheat and steal them from him. This is pure BS. McCain doing better in other states has nothing do with NV.

speciallyblend
04-28-2008, 11:03 PM
BOOK BOMB , just for hannity;)

BOOK BOMB
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=134929

Broadlighter
04-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Hannity is a shill for the Neo-Cons.

Just remember that lying to preserve the state is acceptable behavior for Neo-Cons. Therefore anything they say can not be trusted to be true.

Spread this message wide and far.

V4Vendetta
04-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Little does Hannity know that its too late, most us are already delegates or alternates.

Cheers Hannity! Here's a video for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jON0AXrNqyw

Conza88
04-29-2008, 12:53 AM

Should make a video about it ;)