PDA

View Full Version : Ballot Rigging

NeoRayden
04-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Poll watchers in Indiana beware... your inspector may setup on Monday may 5th. When they do that they zero proof the machine and then leave the machines unguarded over night until morning. Tuesday morning at that time judges and inspectors can press the red button on micro vote machines to check the vote count.

If there has been a rigged crew or one that is not knowledgeable it can easily slip by.

This is a flaw in our election system in Indiana it requires people to be honest and we know they are not. Please if you are working the polls demand to see the vote count before the first person votes in the morning. If the number is anything other than zero call the county election commission after talking with your inspector.

jsgolfman
04-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Actually, I am a judge here in Johnson County and the machines are simply setup but never opened. The seal is broken Tuesday morning with the entire precinct board present (Inspector, one judge from each party and one clerk from each party. Zero tapes are not run until Tuesday morning. Now, there might be variances in different counties, but I'd say they are very similar to ours.

NeoRayden
04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
We just had the poll workers meeting today in our county and this was discussed there. Ours can be done on Monday night.

pepperpete1
04-28-2008, 07:53 PM
It is always better to err on the side of caution. I would say it never hurts to double check everything.

NeoRayden
04-29-2008, 06:15 AM
The potential for vote rigging in LaPorte County is at an all time high. Microvote and the LaPorte County clerks office are encouraging poll workers to setup the night before. Included in the setup process is printing a zero proof printout. This verifies that you received the machine with zero votes on it. However overnight from 12 midnight till 5 am when poll workers arrive the only thing that stops someone from voting on that machine is a key to the building and a set of access cards with a generic password that is used on every machine.

The vote count may be checked in the morning before the polls open however this is seldom done and "not required". This allows the ability for many polling places to be compromised. This matter must be presented to the public and something must be done to stop this before the election.

Gadsden Flag
04-29-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm sure the election handlers are scared out of their wits about another potential 14% showing by Ron Paul. :rolleyes: