PDA

View Full Version : Would things have been different if......

The One
04-28-2008, 12:29 PM
RP had gotten the kind of treatment he is now getting from the media back when it might have made a difference? In his media appearances now, his ideas are treated with respect and his wisdom is recognized. There are no oddball questions or unwarranted criticisims. He is treated as a legitimate statesman and not as some nutjob kook. I can't decide if I should be grateful about the treatment he is receiving now or if it should just piss me off that he didn't receive this treatment before.

Chester Copperpot
04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Sure./.. just like had the truth been known that he WON Louisiana.. that would have given him momentum going into Super Tuesday....

Akus
04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
RP had gotten the kind of treatment he is now getting from the media back when it might have made a difference? In his media appearances now, his ideas are treated with respect and his wisdom is recognized. There are no oddball questions or unwarranted criticisims. He is treated as a legitimate statesman and not as some nutjob kook. I can't decide if I should be grateful about the treatment he is receiving now or if it should just piss me off that he didn't receive this treatment before.

I wouldn't be grateful.
They're respectful to him because they think he no longer matters. It's kind of like us bashing Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld on the internet. We have no power and no authority, so we can get away with any and all comments we make. But if we could actually affect the political scene.....

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Of course things would be different, but they aren't. Nor will they be different in the near future, unless this big government/media/business orgy is ended.

Besides, this is hardly a help. It's like the media intentionally ran him over with a truck, and then they were nice enough to give him a hospital phone number. How grateful would you be if that were you?

pahs1994
04-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Alot of things could have been different. But we just have to look forward. We have 4 years to bring the party back to its roots and once that happens, I don't think the MSM can ignore the entire republican party

Kludge
04-28-2008, 01:59 PM
I think the debates are what killed him. He was blatantly disadvantaged, whether it be from bad questions ("Aren't you running for the wrong party?"), receiving a drastically reduced amount of time for speaking or not being invited at all.

The campaign also seems to have a bad reputation for being isolationists when it comes to MSM, though I can't confirm or deny this.