PDA

View Full Version : CNN Article - Ron Paul: the revolution lives on

Phantom
04-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Ron Paul: the revolution lives on

April 28, 2008

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/04/28/art.ronpaul.jpg
Ron Paul said he's still in the race Monday.

(CNN)— Texas Congressman Ron Paul said Monday his revolution is still alive, and he will not be shut out of the presidential race by the Republican Party.

“We’re trying to say we have a right to argue our case that Republicans ought to stand for something,” Paul told CNN Monday morning. Adding, the need for change is vital, but all three candidates, including John McCain, represent a continuation of the same policy.

A large group of Paul’s supporters managed to bring Nevada’s Republican Convention to a standstill over the weekend after the party tried to exclude The Texas congressman from delegate allocations.

Paul, who never officially dropped out of the Republican presidential race, said he continues to gain support from delegates. “What’s the sense of having a convention if everything is decided?” He did not give any details as to who he might be referring to, or where this new support was coming from.

The congressman has 21 delegates in the latest CNN count. Arizona senator John McCain has 1,331 total delegates, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee has 267, and Mitt Romney has 255.

Paul said his views are “very much in tune with being a good Republican,” and traditional GOP values.

Asked if he would encourage his supporters to back McCain, Paul reiterated his views that the two differ on fundamental issues, namely bringing troops home from Iraq.

Paul has said he will use his remaining campaign war chest of roughly $4 million to support candidates who share his vision.

Link (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/04/28/ron-paul-the-revolution-lives-on/)

For more articles on Ron Paul and the Revolution, please visit this Link (http://www.presidentronpaul.741.com/news.html#newsroom)

torchbearer
04-28-2008, 09:03 AM
"Paul has said he will use his remaining campaign war chest of roughly $4 million to support candidates who share his vision."

Now everyone who was screaming melodrama about their "disappointment" from hearing the bullshit/bogus article the other day about a "for-profit", need to go back and read my explanation for the release of that shit-piece that went for news.

It was timed to push the NV news off of top news.

Conza88
04-28-2008, 09:07 AM
"Paul has said he will use his remaining campaign war chest of roughly $4 million to support candidates who share his vision."

Now everyone who was screaming melodrama about their "disappointment" from hearing the bullshit/bogus article the other day about a "for-profit", need to go back and read my explanation for the release of that shit-piece that went for news.

Well said, well said. Thanks to Op aswell, for pasting article so I didnt need to give them my hits.

Bruno
04-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Is it just me, or is RP getting a little more fiery and feisty? It sounded like it in the NV speech, this moring on CNN, this article, and on Brian & the Judge. He's pulling less punches towards the GOP and McCain.

I love it!

Conza88
04-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Is it just me, or is RP getting a little more fiery and feisty? It sounded like it in the NV speech, this moring on CNN, this article, and on Brian & the Judge. He's pulling less punches towards the GOP and McCain.

I love it!

You mean more punches right? hehe. They're practically KO's!
I'm sure he woke up ALOT of people from that Fox News interview!

YEAAHHH!!!! :D

Redmenace
04-28-2008, 09:10 AM

I love it!

Don't make Ron Paul angry. You wouldn't like Ron Paul when he's angry.

yongrel
04-28-2008, 09:11 AM

Bingo.

hopeforamerica
04-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Don't make Ron Paul angry. You wouldn't like Ron Paul when he's angry.

I LOVE Ron Paul when he's angry :D

pinkmandy
04-28-2008, 09:21 AM
I LOVE Ron Paul when he's angry :D

Yeah, it fires me up when he gets fired up. :D

slacker921
04-28-2008, 09:24 AM
The congressman has 21 delegates in the latest CNN count. Arizona senator John McCain has 1,331 total delegates, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee has 267, and Mitt Romney has

I'm guessing the Paul campaign has a secret reason why they aren't pushing CNN to update that "21 delegates" count? From what the Paul campaign keeps saying 21 is way, way off, so why don't they send out a press release or something to force CNN and others to correct this? They must have a good reason..

ItsTime
04-28-2008, 09:26 AM
I am getting tired of hearing the phrase "Ron Paul Supporters" in NV blah blah blah... THEY ARE ELECTED DELEGATES THAT WON THE RIGHT TO BE AT THE GOD DAMN CONVENTION.

ItsTime
04-28-2008, 09:28 AM
stealth baby

I'm guessing the Paul campaign has a secret reason why they aren't pushing CNN to update that "21 delegates" count? From what the Paul campaign keeps saying 21 is way, way off, so why don't they send out a press release or something to force CNN and others to correct this? They must have a good reason..

Bruno
04-28-2008, 09:39 AM
You mean more punches right? hehe. They're practically KO's!
I'm sure he woke up ALOT of people from that Fox News interview!

YEAAHHH!!!! :D

yep, that was my meaning. "pulling punches" means to hold back, which he is most surely is not! woo-hoo!

I feel more life in Paul and therefore in the entire movement not seen since the Monday before Super Tuesday!

mello
04-28-2008, 10:13 AM
I wish Dr. Paul would have asked them to correct their cnn.com/politics page on air. For
Republicans, it still lists John Mccain & Huckabee with a starburst with the word "out".
They still won't put Congressman Paul's pic on that page.

TruthAtLast
04-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I wish Dr. Paul would have asked them to correct their cnn.com/politics page on air. For
Republicans, it still lists John Mccain & Huckabee with a starburst with the word "out".
They still won't put Congressman Paul's pic on that page.

Would have been a nice backhand to the face to say "you know... you should think about updating your website to show the candidates that are still running." :D

But I have a feeling that Huck is showing because by their count, even with Huck out, he is still in second place.

sratiug
04-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Paul has said he will use his remaining campaign war chest of roughly $4 million to support candidates who share his vision.

This line is a misdirection. In the interview it was stated that he had about $4 million dollars left use to keep picking up delegates to the national convention. They replaced that. Wonder why?