PDA

View Full Version : Join Meetup.com to organize w/ others in your area

interpaul
05-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Jesse Benton, RP 2008 Campaign Communications Director, announced on the Alex Jones show that Meetup.com is a great tool to organize with others in your local area. Let's make grassroots ubiquitous and pervasive! :D

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/html/Meetup_fx.html

mdh
05-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Personally, I (and I know others as well) would say that there are probably better ways of organizing than expecting everyone to pay for a site that really hinders communication between local supporters. Most of the feedback I've seen about meetup.com has been negative, and the implementation of regional social networking via a website, even to set it up on ronpaul2008.com itself, is relatively trivial. Certainly not a service worth paying for, when so many other sites offer so many other benefits and make quite nice profits just from advertisements. Heck, look at this site - we're not asked for money to register, and Josh & company aren't broke yet. :p
Seriously though, I'd rather send my money to the campaign than pay meetup.com.

interpaul
05-26-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm with you man; I'm not a big fan of Meetup. But it's what the campaign comm. director said to use and I think we should try it as part of the ron paul 'strategies for success' repertoire.

Brandybuck
05-26-2007, 12:56 PM
When people want to find other Ron Paul supporters in their area, they will go to Meetup first.