PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Delegates may need money to get to Las Vegas

robertwerden
04-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I think the organizers need to get on top of this and find out who needs money and put together a grand total needed.

Then we should do a mini money bomb to make sure the neocons don't get a majority when the convention happens again.

Who is in charge?

nyrgoal99
04-27-2008, 10:24 PM
WE still have 5 mil in the bank, how about we use it.

surf
04-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Q for Nevadans: is Las Vegas a more or less fertile ground than Reno for us?

JustBcuz
04-27-2008, 10:54 PM

nbruno322
04-27-2008, 10:57 PM
somebody should get sued for this fraud

JustBcuz
04-27-2008, 10:58 PM
We don't know where Round 2 will be held yet.

It is in the state by-laws that it may NOT be held in Clark County (Las Vegas). It is being looked into.

Washoe County and the rural counties will throw a fit if they try to reschedule in LV, and they may be forced to return to Reno....or maybe not. We just don't know yet.

The rural counties get screwed (as per usual for Nevada). They travel again, regardless of site. If Round 2 is in Las Vegas, a delegate from Elko will have travelled over 1500 miles when it's said and done.

It shouldn't really matter at this point. They aren't supposed to seat any new delegates. Attendees will have to bring their credentials from this weekend to the next event. The only issue is getting our people to where ever they need to go.

pahs1994
04-27-2008, 11:03 PM
RP should pay for it. has he publicly said anything about this yet??

hawks4ronpaul
04-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Don't be surprised if they reschedule the Nevada convention to here:

http://mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.OfficeLocations

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

libertythor
04-28-2008, 01:17 AM
The majority of delegates in Las Vegas are RP delegates as well. BUT Turnout needs to be good the second round as well to prevail.

puppetmaster
04-28-2008, 01:45 AM
I will rent a bus and take as many with me as I can......

libertythor
04-28-2008, 01:53 AM
I will rent a bus and take as many with me as I can......

Please make sure that almost all reconvene. This is EXTREMELY important.

cjhowe
04-28-2008, 01:55 AM

It shouldn't really matter at this point. They aren't supposed to seat any new delegates. Attendees will have to bring their credentials from this weekend to the next event. The only issue is getting our people to where ever they need to go.

Note: I'm not familiar with Nevada's party rules. Anyone who was an eligible delegate would be able to go unless they close registration. In Texas, for example registration can not close as long as there remains business for the body.

JustBcuz
04-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Note: I'm not familiar with Nevada's party rules. Anyone who was an eligible delegate would be able to go unless they close registration. In Texas, for example registration can not close as long as there remains business for the body.

My understanding is only CREDENTIALED delegates may be seated for 'Round 2'. That could be incorrect. There could also possibly be an attempt to change that rule.

From Bob Beer's blog @ http://www.beers4nevada.org/wordpress/ :

"The same credentialed delegates who attended the meeting in Reno, and only those credentialed delegates, will be called back to order and quickly vote for the remaining 22 national delegates."

Just another thing to keep an eye on.

rancher89
04-28-2008, 07:06 AM
RP should pay for it. has he publicly said anything about this yet??

He talked briefly about the "party walking out" on CNN this morning, but nothing about the delegates having to out of pocket reconvene......

Bruno
04-28-2008, 07:30 AM
We don't know where Round 2 will be held yet.

It is in the state by-laws that it may NOT be held in Clark County (Las Vegas). It is being looked into.

Washoe County and the rural counties will throw a fit if they try to reschedule in LV, and they may be forced to return to Reno....or maybe not. We just don't know yet.

The rural counties get screwed (as per usual for Nevada). They travel again, regardless of site. If Round 2 is in Las Vegas, a delegate from Elko will have travelled over 1500 miles when it's said and done.

That's like $2000 in gas at today's prices!

I agree that it would be great of the campaign to use some of the money for that purpose, if that would be in sync with campaign finance laws.

Otherwise, a quick money drive would be a great idea.

MozoVote
04-28-2008, 09:31 AM
BOOT BUMP!

I want to hear about thousands of dollars landing in those chip-ins when I get off work today. :)

Chip-ins here:

http://jasonsouthwell.com/post/33110077

JustBcuz
04-28-2008, 02:19 PM
From my email box:

Bob Beers was just on 720am, and stated that the convention will probably be in Reno again per party bylaws. This is by no means final, but we need to start clearing our schedules, and preparing to either help those in the North, or prep for our own travel and lodgings from the south.

I've had several people offer up their rental properties should it be here, and I'm sure the Northern contingient is working on similar accomidations up there.

Again focus on the task, which will be to get EVERY delegate back to the re-convention, ready to get down to business.