PDA

View Full Version : Will Obama supporters join the March on Washington?

wgadget
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
They should.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/sean.bell.verdict.2.709369.html

ItsTime
04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
with che flags and all...

flames2dust77
04-27-2008, 04:42 PM
um, am I missing something? what does that article have to do with Obama and the march? I didn't see anything that mentioned him. Or is it assumed they are obama supporters because they're black? :confused: You lost me on that one.

The One
04-27-2008, 04:44 PM
um, am I missing something? what does that article have to do with Obama and the march? I didn't see anything that mentioned him. Or is it assumed they are obama supporters because they're black? :confused: You lost me on that one.

Obama's black??? I've never actually seen him....only heard him speak. I thought he was a white guy.;)

nate895
04-27-2008, 04:45 PM

Since 95% of blacks vote Democrat, and 90% of Democratic blacks vote Obama, that means ~85.5% of the overall black vote is Obama's, that's enough to assume that a march of black people are mostly Obama supporters.

The One
04-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Since 95% of blacks vote Democrat, and 90% of Democratic blacks vote Obama, that means ~85.5% of the overall black vote is Obama's, that's enough to assume that a march of black people are mostly Obama supporters.

Unless it's a Blacks against Obama march.:p

freedom-maniac
04-27-2008, 05:18 PM
I hope to God not. I wouldn't want this meeting of enlightned people to be ruined by Obama's flock of sheep. Nevertheless, I still consider Obama to be the "least bad" of the three Senators running for President. Plus, some political blogs have compared Obama's "cultish fans" to us those darn "Paultards", so maybe we could have some fun exposing them to the harsh reality of "Ignorance is Bliss" when we wake them up from their intellectual slumber.

LibertyEagle
04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
They should.

Why? We share little to no principles in common. Just being pissed off about something is not enough.

Kludge
04-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Why? We share little to no principles in common. Just being pissed off about something is not enough.

+1. I don't want them included in any press we get, weakening our message.

Rangeley
04-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I think a better question is, do Obama supporters support what we stand for? If the answer is yes, why are they still Obama supporters?

Knightskye
04-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Let's not practice discrimination or collectivism. I don't think all blacks are upset about the Sean Bell verdict, nor are they all Obama supporters.

But I do think Obama supporters want out of the war in Iraq. We could invite them to stand in solidarity with us, if only for that one issue.

LibertyEagle
04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
I could care less what color someone is. That isn't the issue. In my opinion, it all comes down to whether Obama supporters share common principles with those fighting for liberty. Obama preaches using the strong arm of big government to solve problems. It's amazing since most of these problems were created by big government to begin with.

The One
04-27-2008, 07:41 PM
I could care less what color someone is. That isn't the issue. In my opinion, it all comes down to whether Obama supporters share common principles with those fighting for liberty. Obama preaches using the strong arm of big government to solve problems. It's amazing since most of these problems were created by big government to begin with.

I think you mean that you couldn't care less what color someone is.
People always misuse that phrase...it drives me crazy.
If you could care less, that means you do care what color someone is.

Kludge
04-27-2008, 07:54 PM
I think you mean that you couldn't care less what color someone is.
People always misuse that phrase...it drives me crazy.
If you could care less, that means you do care what color someone is.

I always thought it was some type of veiled threat...

mdh
04-27-2008, 08:23 PM
I believe there were issues with the way Sean Bell was shot. I still see no connection to Obama or our march though.

If even a dozen Obama people showed, the msm would call it an Obama march and totally ignore the Ron Paul stuff. :p

wgadget
04-27-2008, 08:40 PM
My thoughts were that Ron Paul and his supporters object to a fascist police state, as exemplified in NY. I was listening to a black talk radio show today, and they were 100% behind Obama, and indignant over what happened.

It would be great if we could take the focus off race (which I believe is dangerous) and put the focus where it belongs: on the overbearing government. To communicate that to Obama supporters may win them to Ron Paul. Not too likely, but one can never tell....

RSLudlum
04-27-2008, 08:42 PM
I think a better question is, do Obama supporters support what we stand for? If the answer is yes, why are they still Obama supporters?

They support "CHANGE",,,we support "FREEDOM".

sorry but i'd like to have a little bit more than just change in my pocket. ;)

flames2dust77
04-27-2008, 08:42 PM

yeeaah. ok. it's still an assumption. i would hate for someone to assume i'm an obama supporter because i'm half black....and so would the rest of my black family....none of them support obama. i just thought it was odd that one can assume anything based on a picture.:rolleyes:

RSLudlum
04-27-2008, 08:47 PM
yeeaah. ok. it's still an assumption. i would hate for someone to assume i'm an obama supporter because i'm half black....and so would the rest of my black family....none of them support obama. i just thought it was odd that one can assume anything based on a picture.:rolleyes:

a picture's worth a thousand words, but there's millions of other words available ;)

wgadget
04-27-2008, 08:48 PM
They support "CHANGE",,,we support "FREEDOM".

sorry but i'd like to have a little bit more than just change in my pocket. ;)

They are vapid. Real FREEDOM would be a change.

flames2dust77
04-27-2008, 08:58 PM
I can't believe some of you are saying you don't want ANY obama supporters there. That's not right. We are having this march for many, many reasons...Not just one cause. If an obama supporter is against the war, why can't he march with us?

This is not some friggin' exclusive club. You're all for freedom...BUT if someone doesn't share your thoughts 100% they get excluded. It's like stupid preschoolers here, I swear. "neener, neener, you're not invited." *gags*

HELLO? The march can also be used to invite people outside of the ron paul circle..to educate them. You want the movement to continue...well, I got news for you; it won't if new people don't join.

I am soooo inviting every Obama supporter I come across to the march. And for those who don't want them there...well, don't go. It's that ignorant mentality that turned ppl off to RP in the first place. Or at least that's what i was told several times by several different ppl.

Kludge
04-27-2008, 09:01 PM
I can't believe some of you are saying you don't want ANY obama supporters there. That's not right. We are having this march for many, many reasons...Not just one cause. If an obama supporter is against the war, why can't he march with us?

This is not some friggin' exclusive club. You're all for freedom...BUT if someone doesn't share your thoughts 100% they get excluded. It's like stupid preschoolers here, I swear. "neener, neener, you're not invited." *gags*

HELLO? The march can also be used to invite people outside of the ron paul circle..to educate them. You want the movement to continue...well, I got news for you; it won't if new people don't join.

I am soooo inviting every Obama supporter I come across to the march. And for those who don't want them there...well, don't go. It's that ignorant mentality that turned ppl off to RP in the first place. Or at least that's what i was told several times by several different ppl.

It's a "Revolution" march (Which may as well be called a Ron Paul march - and if it isn't, it's probably going to be a Civil Rights march or simply a Pro-Obama march as far as the press is concerned)).... So... Why would an Obama supporter ever want to come? The war in Iraq is so small it's almost petty when compared to the incredible scope of freedom.

RSLudlum
04-27-2008, 09:01 PM
The march can also be used to invite people outside of the ron paul circle..to educate them. You want the movement to continue...well, I got news for you; it won't if new people don't join.

+1,000,000

flames2dust77
04-27-2008, 09:10 PM
It's a "Revolution" march (Which may as well be called a Ron Paul march - and if it isn't, it's probably going to be a Civil Rights march or simply a Pro-Obama march as far as the press is concerned)).... So... Why would an Obama supporter ever want to come? The war in Iraq is so small it's almost petty when compared to the incredible scope of freedom.

and what day this week did we all of the sudden start giving a crap about what the media thinks? if i recall correctly they have done nothing but ignore us, ignore ron paul...we've always known that WE would have to spread the message w/o their help. The march is for EDUCATION purposes also. I ill invite ppl outside of the RP circle...and I have been encouraging others to do the same.

soul.winning.for.the.revolution.;)

constitutional
04-27-2008, 09:19 PM

Here's a shocker, they vote more compared to whites (If I recall correctly from a text). Furthermore, since white voting percentage is not high and black population is low... they don't matter much.

constitutional
04-27-2008, 09:20 PM

I welcome them open-heart. Too bad none will show up. Obama's campaign motto should be Ignorance is Bliss.

They lack passion for the message.

flames2dust77
04-27-2008, 09:32 PM
I welcome them open-heart. Too bad none will show up. Obama's campaign motto should be Ignorance is Bliss.

They lack passion for the message.

ah, we shall see. I know 1 obama supporter who is going..."just to see what all the fuss is about" so we might have a few here and there. u never know.:cool: