PDA

View Full Version : "DNC may sanction Florida Dems for early primary" -- Politico

LizF
08-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Interesting article. Some of you may be curious to know what Mr. Anuzis of MI thinks (this quote was on p.2):

"On Tuesday evening, Michigan Republican party chair Saulius "Saul" Anuzis, told me: "On Wednesday the Michigan senate will pass a bill choosing Jan. 15 as the date for the primary. We understand that this violates the rules of both the Democratic National Committee and the Republican National Committee. We don't care."

Anuzis said the Michigan legislature wants to move the primary date to Jan. 15 to make Michigan "relevant" and to make it "the first major state to have a primary and the first industrial state to have a primary."

"Giuliani is leading the polls here, McCain won Michigan in 2000 and Romney was born here," Anuzis said. "That makes Michigan a toss-up state.""

For full article click the link below:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0807/5468.html

Omnis
08-22-2007, 03:18 AM
I lol'd. Everyone wants to rush into absolute power.

noxagol
08-22-2007, 03:54 AM
Before we know it, we will be having primaries for the next election before the current one is even held.

LizF
08-22-2007, 04:38 PM
lol...sure seems that way!

foofighter20x
08-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Time for the National Committees to step in and bust skulls.

The Delaware Plan is badly needed.

Mesogen
08-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Why aren't the damned primaries all on the same day? The primaries should be held on the same day across the country and no earlier than the first Saturday in June.

ALSO, there should be no officially sanctioned party primaries. The parties can have theirs and fund it if they want them. The official primaries would be totally open to anyone who gets on the ballot, which should be a fair and open process. Then the top two in the primaries would be in the general election. IOW, the two parties should not have a monopoly on the primary process.

Cowlesy
08-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Before we know it, we will be having primaries for the next election before the current one is even held.

What would Steven Hawking say???

mtmedlin
08-22-2007, 08:35 PM
I really hope they do. What I wish is that California, Texas, Florida and Ney York would all get together and set their primary for teh first tuesday in May. Instead of super tuesday they can call it "It aint over till we say so" Tuesday. It would essentially end the race to be first because all the states combined dont have enough delegates to win without these four.