PDA

View Full Version : Boy is Mitt rich

Jennifer Reynolds
08-21-2007, 08:29 PM
///

Bob Cochran
08-21-2007, 08:34 PM
The presidency can be bought. Joseph P. Kennedy proved that when he bought it for his boy, JFK.

According to my very amateur analysis, Mitt has an excellent shot at the office.

I personally strongly dislike the idea of a chickenhawk Mormon president, with five chickenhawk sons.

From Wikipedia: "Romney has five sons, none of whom has ever served in the military. When asked about this, Romney said that his sons were showing their patriotism by 'helping me get elected.'"

How d'ya like THEM apples?:mad:

quickmike
08-21-2007, 08:34 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/08/14/romneys_are_worth_up_to_250m/

I had no idea.

I guess we have to raise more money!

I dont care what that dickhead has............ if people vote for someone based on how much money they have, then they deserve to get lied to every 4 years like they always do.:D

Cowlesy
08-21-2007, 08:40 PM
At some point in time Mitt said it'd be a "nightmare" if he had to fund his campaign with his own money.

On a good note it looks like his blind trust holds a lot of corporate paper (bonds) and several securities that will get spanked (or already being spanked) by bank losses due to writedowns on MBS portfolios----obviously he'll never be on the street but his Q3 will blow compared to Statesman Paul's Q3 not only in fundraising but in personal portfolio appreciation/depreciation :) (***Rumor is Statesman Paul invested in PM's which should show decent returns for Q3).

amonasro
08-21-2007, 09:14 PM
He won't spend it all--I'm sure there's a breaking point he's set for himself and $$$ he's set aside--he's certainly no financial idiot if he's amassed more than $200 million for himself, he'll put his wife and family's welfare before his candidacy.