PDA

View Full Version : HELP i need to get to the state convention

rmodel65
04-27-2008, 01:34 PM
My name is Stephen Belt, I live in south GA and I know I'm a noob, But I am a delegate to the state of Georgia Convention. I attended the district convention, in Savannah Ga. I am cash strapped. I had a pretty bad motorcycle wreck in November(broken left wrist, right shoulder and a messed up back I got my first facet injections last tuesday and it helped a good bit) and haven't been able to return to work. does anyone want to help me out so I can make it to the convention? I really wanted to go all the way to the National but right now I'm not a national nominee, yet at least though I would like to be :)

can any one help me out? it cant cost more than $300 with the convention dues etc I'm in south ga so i figure a 3 tanks of gas total to drive to north Ga and back and 1 night in a hotel room(heck I will even drive my beat-up pickup and put a mattress in the bed to keep the cost down). and ill pack peanut butter and jelly, some bread and a cooler of soda's. OR if anyone else is going to the convention that can pick me up and i can stay with them then it would be free:D

I go by Rmodel65 on every forum that Im on, I mainly hang out at mustang forums, they are my labor of love project. I am glad I heard of DR Paul this year, I talk to anyone who will listen(i get the gift of gab from my mother:p)

But i figured I would throw this out there, to see if i can keep the revolution going.

rancher89
04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
OK,

1) check with local meetups, join if you havent't
2) try to find someone nearby (neighboring district maybe) were there no other delegates from your district going?????
3) if all else fails, create a chip in and post it on the mustang sites and to all your friends

I'm sure you can find a way, there will be lots of people headed to the SC,

BTW I'm a chevy person, do you race? We drag a s10 w/a big block, lol the 'stangs have to put a chevy motor in to go fast...hehehehe

no offense, no flames, just having fun....

hillertexas
04-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Stephen. Welcome to the forum.

Why don't you set up a chip-in and we will see what we can do. :)

Zera
04-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Try to find a meetup group near your area and find another Paul supporter to help out. Or, if you know of another delegate, ask them for help. I believe we have two active Georgians here who may be able to help. Where is the state convention, by the way? I'm assuming Atlanta, and if so, that'll be pretty far from south Georgia. I live a little north of Atlanta, and I'd help if I could, though I'm not even of legal age.

rmodel65
04-27-2008, 01:59 PM
sorry chip in? what are you talking about

as for the chevy guy no chevy motors :P in there only sbf mainly the cleveland ;) the small block that acts like a big block(not currently in my car but eventually)

rancher89
04-27-2008, 02:10 PM
lol, here's the link to chip in, you need to create a paypal account first so heres that link too.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_logout
well can't connect to it right now, try chipin.com

Chevy's all the way baby!! (ahem, that's dudette to you youngster;))

rmodel65
04-27-2008, 02:13 PM
oh i have a paypal account its rmodel65@hotmail.com

pic of the stang, my baby :) http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f4/rmodel65/sig.jpg

rancher89
04-27-2008, 02:14 PM
my, that's red:)

rmodel65
04-27-2008, 02:17 PM
haha yes it is, my favorite color. i too am red, ive got red hair:p

as for the other question someone askked the state convention for ga is in columbus at the convention center

chipin.com will not work for me either

JK/SEA
04-27-2008, 05:08 PM
//nm

OptionsTrader
04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
sorry chip in? what are you talking about

Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=chip+in&btnG=Google+Search)is your friend, padawan.

No one should ask "what is ____" on a message board because they are obviously connected to the internet where "what is" questions can be answered in miliseconds.

If you are attempting to abuse the kind hearted Ron Paul people, we will find out because we built the internet.

wgadget
04-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey, I'm sending this thread to our state meetup coordinator. I'm sure he'll be able to help you out somehow.

Matt Davidson
04-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Why don't you ride up with other RP supporters at least part of the way. You could easily find someone willing to give you a ride most of the way through a meetup. You could also likely crash on the floor of other RP supporters hotels, we're all friendly.

Matt

soapmistress
04-27-2008, 06:42 PM
I think this thread calls for more cool car pics :)

soapmistress
04-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh nevermind. That was rude. I'll start a thread in off-topic

ikester8
04-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Please email me at ike@ronpaul2008.com. The best thing to do is appeal for a ride from someone else from your district/area so that the trip to Columbus can be shared. I may know some folks.

ClockwiseSpark
04-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=chip+in&btnG=Google+Search)is your friend, padawan.

No one should ask "what is ____" on a message board because they are obviously connected to the internet where "what is" questions can be answered in miliseconds.

If you are attempting to abuse the kind hearted Ron Paul people, we will find out because we built the internet.

I like that! :D

Adam Smith
04-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Ike and wgadget beat me to it. We're all working together in Georgia.

hillertexas
04-29-2008, 01:46 PM
bump

hillertexas
05-04-2008, 09:05 AM
bump

rmodel65
05-05-2008, 03:53 AM
http://rmodel65.chipin.com/to-send-me-to-the-georgia-state-convention-in-columbus

hillertexas
05-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Bump

hillertexas
05-15-2008, 04:38 PM
bump

RonPaulGuyEastWA
05-15-2008, 05:06 PM
rmodel65, check with a local meetup group. We are sponsoring a few folks in my local group. People are a lot more likely to donate if they already know or at least can meet the person.