PDA

View Full Version : Scientists Drug-Test Whole Cities

Triton
08-21-2007, 08:24 PM
This seems harmless enough on the surface, but think about it: the EPA is involved. Let's say the Feds decide that some component of the excretions of an entire city is harmful to the environment. I can see them using this as yet another tool of tyranny.

"WASHINGTON (AP) - Researchers have figured out how to give an entire community a drug test using just a teaspoon of wastewater from a city's sewer plant." (more... (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070821/D8R5L64O0.html))

Spirit of '76
08-21-2007, 08:27 PM
They've been doing this for a while in Europe.

Some little village in Spain supposedly has the highest known rate of cocaine use in the world.

Mesogen
08-22-2007, 06:12 PM
or someone dumped their stash right before they sampled the sewage

Tn...Andy
08-23-2007, 03:10 AM
Trouble is, ya'll don't really understand the reason for this.

You'd think it has something to do with the "war" on drugs, right.....

Wrong.

They could care less about winning that "war"....just like they could care less about about winning a war on "terror".

There is simply no profit to be had if we were to actually WIN.....think of all the police, judges, lawyers and jailers that would be out of work IF we actually "won" the war on drugs. Folks, there is a REASON 25% of ALL the inmates in the ENTIRE WORLD are in American jails....( think about that figure a minute while you consider the US population is only 5% of the world.....we have a prison population 5 times the statistical average ). That REASON is the "war" on drugs is extremely profitable, and allows lots of government weenies lots of control. The TWO THINGS govt loves best.....money and control !

So WHY would they want to screw around with that ?

Answer, they wouldn't.

Most likely, this is either some REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid branch of govt that is out of the loop on the Program, and will be reeled in shortly ( ie, funding cut )...

OR

They are testing to see which cities are TOO LOW in drug use, so they can step up marketing in that area.....sort of like if you were PepsiCo, and could test the municipal "pee soup" to see how much market penetration you had for your new Diet Pepsi, then ramp up marketing if it wasn't at a certain level.

AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA.....THIS is what happens when I can't sleep.....

Wendi
08-23-2007, 07:29 AM
I left a link to another article on the issue in my post yesterday over HERE (http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=13557)...