PDA

View Full Version : Can YouTube RP Videos have Licenses?

IrrigatedPancake
05-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I have a feeling the "911 was an inside job" association with RP, that FOX created with that house party video, will not be the last attempt to attack him.

On the video sharing community front of the defense, could a license be created for RP videos as a defense against anyone (MSM, not YT users) misrepresenting what is in the videos?

For Example:
-users may copy a creator's content only if the copied content is identical to the creator's content (so the video can't be edited).
-users may share copied content only if the copied content is shared in it's entirety (if the video's copied, it can be given or played for anyone as long as the entire video is given or played).

I'm not sure if your even allowed to use licenses on YT, but if you are, it is set up pretty conveniently for contacting creators and working this kind of thing out with them.

theblatanttruth
05-25-2007, 09:59 PM
I guess you could do what alot of other sites do... flash a transparent logo or something over the video every 5 seconds or so to establish it to not be used by anyone else

cujothekitten
05-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Youtube has it written in their terms of use that any video that is uploaded to youtube can be copied and voids your copyright until you take it down.

IrrigatedPancake
05-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Youtube has it written in their terms of use that any video that is uploaded to youtube can be copied and voids your copyright until you take it down.

ah, thanks