PDA

View Full Version : Nevada draft State Platform - WOW!

Brian
04-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Draft Nevada State Platform 2008 - 2010
Preamble:
We believe that government is instituted solely to secure the life, liberty and property of the citizens of the country, that the Declaration of Independence defines the philosophical foundation of the country, that the Constitution of the United States is the basic law governing the existence and operation of the U.S. Federal Government and the first ten amendments describe its limits, and, as Thomas Jefferson said, that the government that governs least governs best.

Federalism & Limited Government
1. We support less government, less taxes, less regulation and more self determination.

2. All legislation, Federal Agencies, and public servants must adhere to a literal
interpretation of the U.S. Constitution and as instructed by the Tenth Amendment, in
conjunction with Article I. Section 8.

Patriotism
3. We recognize the importance of the national values expressed by our flag, anthem.
pledge-of-allegiance and other patriotic symbols that define us as a nation and we
believe that the words “in GOD we trust," should remain on our currency and the
words "under God" should remain in our Pledge of Allegiance.

Taxes and Government Spending
4. We support reform of Social Security, including establishment of private retirement
accounts and prohibiting use of its funds for any other purpose. All citizens shall have
the right to opt out of the system, but the government must honor its commitments to
those who have paid, are legally in the U.S., and remain in the system. We propose
thc abolishment of the Windfall Elimination Tax when computing Social Security
Benefits.

5. We urge the Nevada Legislature to cut spending and avoid new taxes to encourage
strong economic growth. We support the Nevada Constitutional Requirement of a 2/3
majority legislative vote to raise state taxes. We support balanced state, local and
federal budgets. We oppose unfunded mandates, Riders, Ear-marks and Set-asides at
both the state and national level. We support the permanent elimination of the Federal
Death Tax.

The Economy
6. We support a strong private minerals industry. We support the Nevada Mining
Association endorsed reform of the 1872 mining law and strong1y oppose any laws,
Regulations, ordinances or any other legal l binding actions that diminish the ability
of the minerals industry to discover and or access minerals and mine them.

7. Fires are increasing because of the lack of livestock grazing. Therefore, livestock
grazing shall be increased immediately on Federal Lands.

Education
8. We support a parent's right to choice in education including vouchers, charter
Schools, and home schooling. We also support the elimination of the U.S. Dept. of'
Education. We further oppose requiring licensure for parents who choose to home
school. We support the elimination of the No Child Left Behind law and require the
State of Nevada to replace the No Child Left Behind concept.

9. We affirm the sanctity of human life and the inherent dignity of each human being
from conception to death and oppose cloning complete human beings. We support the
private development of adult stem cell research and we support all efforts to stop
human trafficking. We support the definition of' marriage as only between one man
and one woman.

Healthcare
10. We oppose Nationalization of Healthcare.

The Environment
11. We support initiatives to maximize the development of America's domestic oil, gas,
Coal, solar, wind, geothermal, and nuclear resources, and the development of
alternative sources of energy to reduce the nation's dependence on foreign oil. We
support granting local government more authority in decision-making regarding
water rights within their jurisdiction

Legislation
12. We demand the repeal of McCain-Feingold and reaffirm the right of free political
speech. We support legislation to require full disclosure of all donations made to
political candidates.

13. We support the repeal of the Federal Reserve Act and the return of the power of
minting and coining money to the Congress of the United States as so stated in the
Constitution. In addition we demand a return to a gold and/or silver backed currency
as provided for in the U.S. Constitution.

14. We demand that electronic voting only be allowed when uniquely numbered receipts
are provided to the voter and results are made publicly available showing simultaneously all votes comprising the total by receipt number.

The Litigation Crisis
15. We believe in informing juries that it is their power and duty to decide on both the
law and the facts as they apply to each case so that justice is the main priority. We
support election of judges.

16. W eelcome legal immigrants from all nations, cultures and races. We demand strict
enforcement of all immigration laws bv all levels of government. We demand that
the federal government secure our borders. We do not support amnesty, government
benefit, or other special treatment for aliens who have or will enter the United States
illegally. We support English as the official language of the United States and the
printing of government materials in English only.

National Defense and Veteran's Affairs
17. We support all of our men and women in the military who are serving both in the
United States and around the world and the missions of all U.S. troops around the
world. Be they active duty, National Guard, or reservist, they have our highest
admiration and respect. We support honoring veterans with education benefits and we
support a strong Veterans Administration subject to strong oversight and audit. to
assure veterans and families receive the care and support as promised.

Constitution, Bill of Rights and Protection of Rights
18. We believe that the First Amendment to the Constitution was intended to prevent a
state-sponsored religion rather than a separation of God from public life. We affirm
that the Second Amendment protects an individual right which should be enforced as
strictly as the rights protected by the First Amendment.

19. We support repealing the Patriot Act and the Military Commissions Act. We support
repeal of the federal act requiring a national ID card or other required identity papers
providing government with "big brother" intrusion into constitutional freedoms.

US Sovereignty & trade
20. We support the withdrawal of the United States from the United Nations. We demand
that Nevada join Montana, Idaho, Utah and other states in opposing the North American
Union (NAU) in withdrawing from the Security & Prosperity Partnership (SPP), withdrawing from North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and that Congress resume their duty of regulating Commerce with Foreign Nations.

21. We recognize that private property rights are fundamental to democracy and economic
prosperity. We support the rights of private owners and oppose eminent domain actions
that take private property for private benefit or use. In response to the Kelo decision, we
call upon State legislators to pass leg is legislation that prohibits the eminent domain taking of
property for private benefit.

22. We oppose Federal legislation regarding public lands including wilderness in Nevada
counties unless approved by the county.

END

kirkblitz
04-27-2008, 10:46 AM
what be this

Brian
04-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Nevada Republican state platform, that passed with some minor edits yesterday. This thing is sizzling.

The Las Vegas Review Journal Summary:

"The party passed a 20-plank platform that stresses "a literal interpretation of the U.S. Constitution" and calls for the repeal of the Federal Reserve Act and the Patriot Act as well as withdrawal from the United Nations and North American Free Trade Agreement."

Perry
04-27-2008, 11:02 AM
When will you people learn to post links? For all I know you made this up.

Brian
04-27-2008, 11:21 AM
When will you people learn to post links? For all I know you made this up.

You should take a June 2007 forum member, precinct captain, and maxed out donor at his word. :D

No really, I doubt it will be posted on the Nevada GOP website for awhile as intentionally disorganized as they are.

Whoever put this together Im taking the whole damn group out for steak and lobster.

Perry
04-27-2008, 11:34 AM
You should take a June 2007 forum member, precinct captain, and maxed out donor at his word. :D

No really, I doubt it will be posted on the Nevada GOP website for awhile as intentionally disorganized as they are.

Whoever put this together Im taking the whole damn group out for steak and lobster.

Well obviously it was copy and pasted from something. Sorry I find it difficult to laugh. People not posting links is freaking annoying to me. I'd rather you sat two inches away and stared at me while I slurped my soggy raisin bran in the morning.:D