PDA

View Full Version : Face Scans For Airline Passengers to Begin in UK

constituent
04-27-2008, 08:06 AM
article here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/apr/25/theairlineindustry.transport)

ItsTime
04-27-2008, 08:22 AM
They are UK a nice little prison arent they?

Conza88
04-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Oh FFS.
Have they got RFID chips in the new passports?

I am renewing mine (uk passport) cus dad was born there (like there for 3 weeks, lol).

I am planning on putting it in the microwave when it comes.. or wld that be pointless, cus it wldn't work when i get off the otherside?

Zolah
04-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Oh FFS.

I am renewing mine (uk passport) cus dad was born there (like there for 3 weeks, lol).

I am planning on putting it in the microwave when it comes.. or wld that be pointless, cus it wldn't work when i get off the otherside?

Yep all new passports got RFID in them, luckily I got mines renewed 6 months before they started using RFID in them :) I don't know what it actually does in the passport, because I don't intend on getting a new passport now >.>

Conza88
04-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Yep all new passports got RFID in them, luckily I got mines renewed 6 months before they started using RFID in them :) I don't know what it actually does in the passport, because I don't intend on getting a new passport now >.>

Thats UK right? :-|
wldn't hesitate for a second.. but its like, i see myself frying it, then being detained on the other end. lol Or (here in aus, you need a passport to get OUT of the country!!) :| so i'd probs even miss my plane on the way out.

Alternatively, i could use both passports? My UK passport to leave from Australia and my Australian passport to arrive in the UK. Or vice versa. So like I get lost in the system?

Agent CSL
04-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh FFS.

The worst that can happen is you accidentally get scanned and the scanner picks up no chip. They'll ask you what's wrong with it. Just reply "I don't know. What's the problem?"
After a few hours of waiting you'll probably be cleared.

They can't prove you fried your chip unless there's visible evidence or you admit to it. They'll just get you a replacement chip thinking that one is faulty from the manufacturer.

Conza88
04-27-2008, 08:48 PM
The worst that can happen is you accidentally get scanned and the scanner picks up no chip. They'll ask you what's wrong with it. Just reply "I don't know. What's the problem?"
After a few hours of waiting you'll probably be cleared.

They can't prove you fried your chip unless there's visible evidence or you admit to it. They'll just get you a replacement chip thinking that one is faulty from the manufacturer.

I think I will make a shirt that says, "I fried my chip. WTF you going to do about it?"
hehe.:cool:

A. Havnes
04-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Given that this is the UK, I'm not terribly surprised. They're spiraling down a fascist slope so fast I doubt they'll ever even know what hit them.

danberkeley
05-07-2008, 06:10 PM
they are the UK, an island. what are you gonna to do? why do you think the pilgrims left england?