PDA

View Full Version : Should Dr. Paul pick a VP now?

pinkmandy
04-27-2008, 12:17 AM
http://www.newsandcurrents.com/news/2008/04/republicans-mccain-and-huckabee-dodge-talk-of-vp-s.html

McCain says his vice presidential search is in the early process and that he will pick someone before the Republican nominating convention in St. Paul, Minnesota, in early September.

Could Paul picking someone with more name recognition and "less scarey" to everyday people maybe it could vault him to a different level?

ETA another question. If Huck becomes VP, what happens to his army?

OptionsTrader
04-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Yes.

TruePatriot44
04-27-2008, 12:27 AM
He should try to get Bloomberg as his VP. You may not agree with his policies, but he is a visible face to the nation and has lots of money.

yongrel
04-27-2008, 12:29 AM
At this point, I don't care. It seems silly and pointless, but so are a lot of fun things.

runningdiz
04-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Congressman dont need vicepresidents so why would he pick one?

revolutionary8
04-27-2008, 12:38 AM
He should try to get Bloomberg as his VP. You may not agree with his policies, but he is a visible face to the nation and has lots of money.

Have you lost your mind?

Conza88
04-27-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm going to say "Hmm..."

I mean, if he chose one - say Pat Buchanan! :o Might get some extra momentum going for those not already satisfied, or those that are dissatisfied with McCain. May bring some MSM value to it.

Yea, arguments against it.. wld be, the MSM will get agro or other GOP's, because if RP was to name a VP, its as if he would win the nomination -- and you wouldn't want that now, would you.... >.<

Ok, I say GO FOR IT. :D

revolutionary8
04-27-2008, 01:00 AM
I say no way.
It is a lose/lose situation imo.
Don't do it, no one gets even close IMO.

revolutionary8
04-27-2008, 01:03 AM
I don't mean to be an "isolationist" or anything. lol.

pinkmandy
04-27-2008, 01:05 AM
How would it hurt anything if he did, though? We have NO media coverage, 95% of the country thinks he dropped out, and it doesn't cost a penny to give a name.

It isn't just about us winning, right? If it is about the message then people need to hear the message. RP picking a VP that mainstream people know/like might help spread the message of freedom (and may be good for plugging the book, too). Is that not our goal?

revolutionary8
04-27-2008, 01:08 AM
How would it hurt anything if he did, though? We have NO media coverage, 95% of the country thinks he dropped out, and it doesn't cost a penny to give a name.

It isn't just about us winning, right? If it is about the message then people need to hear the message. RP picking a VP that mainstream people know/like might help spread the message of freedom (and may be good for plugging the book, too). Is that not our goal?
You have a point, but who and for what reason? If that person is chosen because of "name recognition" then we will have a problem.

OptionsTrader
04-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Congressman dont need vicepresidents so why would he pick one?
[Redacted by Moderator]

You get my second utterance of this in over 4000 posts.

Congratulations.

Anthony T
04-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Picking a VP at this stage would make Ron Paul a laughing stock. You are delusional if you think he can somehow pull it off.

pinkmandy
04-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Picking a VP at this stage would make Ron Paul a laughing stock. You are delusional if you think he can somehow pull it off.

Oh, because now he is a highly respected statesman. He isn't considered a kook or anything, right? Who will laugh? And so what? If it brings him more attention and more interviews, who cares if neocons laugh? Fyi, they've been laughing at him for 30 years. Staying out of the spotlight doesn't change that.

tajitj
04-27-2008, 01:39 PM
I think whoever wins the Dems nominee should determine who the LP party picks.
If Obama wins they should pick a woman. That may be playing politics but I bet many angry women would vote for the LP to support a woman VP.

H Roark
04-27-2008, 01:41 PM
del